Search results

1. K

Source for JAMMA to MVS cabinet adapter or schematic?

So I would like to from time to time, run a JAMMA board in my SNK MVS multislot cabinet. There used to be a couple sellers with JAMMA to MVS harness adapters such as the JNX Big Red and a similar board from jammaboards dot com. I'm having no luck actually finding one of these for sale right now...
  2. K

Question re: Neotropolis modded AES power supply.

Anyone know what the deal is with them using a 10v unregulated power brick? Seems a bit odd to me. If I were to replace it, I'm not sure if I should go with a 9v regulated or if the power drain is intended to drop the voltage on the unregulated one. Makes it hard to determine what the actual...
  3. K

AES no sound after boot chime.

So I have an AES I'm working on fixing up. Video etc works perfectly. Sound gives the boot chime with the Neo Geo logo, and then repeats the boot chime when the game cart loads, and then nothing. No sound after that point. Edit: Should add that this is the same from the headphone jack, the RGB...
  4. K

Question about Neotropolis modded AES.

So I find myself in position of a Neotropolis modded AES. However, I'm not getting a usable signal out of the composite YPbPR output. Anyone familiar with these systems? I'm thinking it may have a YPbPr encoder, but not a scaler, so it's outputting 240p which my displays don't support.
  5. K

PAD2NEO case?

Anyone have a source or 3D files for a case for the PAD2NEO (megadrive controller to neo geo)?
  6. K

Neo Geo CD controller microswitch replacement.

So one of my CD controllers seems a little off, it's intermittent, but direction control sometimes fails or is slow to respond. I'd like to replace the microswitches, but I have no source for them. This guy used some off the shelf parts, with 3D bits...
  7. K

Different 1FZ layouts?

Just picked up a second 1FZ board, and can't help but notice that the layout is different, with the BIOS socket being closer to the JAMMA connector and the JAMMA pin 5 being missing (though on the others it's not connected). Anyone have a list of the differences? Just curious...
  8. K

Neo Geo CD top loader door...

Have a Neo Geo CD, all working with UNIBIOS etc. However, the CD door is Bjorked. I may be able to kludge it back together, but if someone has one for a fair price I'd be interested.
  9. K

AES/CD RGB cable connector.

Looking to hook up a Neo Geo CD with RGBS, but the cables I'm finding are too expensive. Thinking I'll just make my own, but not sure where I can find the DIN connector with the center pin.
  10. K

Neo Geo CD, works until I screw it together...

So I have a kinda beat up Neo Geo CD, original top loading unit. Everything works, until I screw it back together. Then I get no sound, no video. Take it back apart, and it's working again. Problem seems to be isolated to the front IO board (where the controllers connect). Any ideas?
  11. K

MVS four slot video noise.

So I have a four slot board I've been restoring, new battery etc. Everything is working perfectly, but I'm noticing some noise on the RGBS signal when I compare it to a single slot board. Any idea what the cause could be? Same supergun, same power supply, same cart, same display. Noise on the...