Search results

1. neoslacker

NorCal - South Bay (San Jose) - Anything around here?

I recently got some time to start picking things up again, i know there are some long time members around here, but i don't know where the hangouts are as I am a transplant to th bay. I know that there is a place "Retrofix Turbo II" which i've been to. Not sure if there are other cool places or...
  2. neoslacker

LSPC-A02 Chip and Top AES Shell + WTB : Neo Geo Gold AES CIB (or mostly complete)

Thanks for combining these whoever did it. My bad for not seeing that in the FAQ. I also need more posts, they're coming!
  3. neoslacker

LSPC-A02 Chip and Top AES Shell + WTB : Neo Geo Gold AES CIB (or mostly complete)

I thought about it.... This console is kind of wrapped up in a time where my mental health wasn't great and I abandoned it after the lamp crashed into the board. It's kind of a journey now to say I've got to a place where I can spend time on it and bring it back to life.
  4. neoslacker

Hey Big Bear! Yeah it l'd be fun to fix this - its more of a project. I will DM you to see what you have!
  5. neoslacker

Hey it only took me 5 years for me to clear my life back out to focus on repairing this stuff. I am looking for any LSPC-A02 chip (5 years ago i dropped a desk lamp on my console while i was fixing something minor!) and the top shells of an AES. Anyone that can help - let me know :) WTB ...
  6. neoslacker

Neo Geo VRAM - CXK58267AM vs CXK58257AM

Hey folks, CXK58267AM has two CE pins instead of a CE1 and an OE (Output Enable) pin, I think this is to help with attaching it to a battery. Without the OE pin, would CXK58267AM be a good replacement for CXK58257AM for VRAM?
  7. neoslacker

[WTB] Neo Geo AES Top (or Complete) Shell/Casing

Hi Folks, I'm looking for an AES Shell, I'm missing the top shell off of my project. If you have one let me know! Thanks
  8. neoslacker

SMKDan Diagnostic Bios Garbled and Doesn't Accept Input

UPDATE : ack is helping me out with a parts board! Thanks man. :A: Here is what happened. The platform holding my repair-work-capture-phone crashed into the board. Cleanup caused pads to lift.
  9. neoslacker

WTB - LSPC-A02 Chip (for Repair) - Anyone Have One?

Mine's done. Need to get a replacement. Would be great if someone could sell one to me!
  10. neoslacker

Ok - I found the bad trace - it was UNDER the right hand side chip. Repaired the trace and refitted the existing ram. There is continuity now across the pin that was lifted, and looks like no broken traces. Here was the problem And under the microscope Now I have a new problem, The Diag...
  11. neoslacker

Ok, I logic tested the CXK5814P at that screen. Settings : TTL/PULSE Here is the result. HP : High Pulse L : Low H : High LP : Low Pulse SQ : Square Wave The differences are in RED. This provide any clues?
  12. neoslacker

Any ideas? This is an AES 3-6 board. VRAM has been replaced but actually wasn't bad. Screen Ram is showing an error under UniBios.
  13. neoslacker

Checking Bad VRAM Chip on Yellow Screen using Logic Probe

Hey Folks, Does anyone know how to check which VRAM chip is bad using a logic probe? The likely bad chip is CXK5814P-35L https://www.flickr.com/photos/11357242@N08/43700697425/in/dateposted-public/ I was going to remove and socket both, but I'd really like to know if there is a good way to...
  14. neoslacker

Putting a cartridge slot in a Neo CD

Just out of pure interest.... Is this possible (I know there are a ton of buffers and the motherboard is completely different)? Has anyone ever tried it (even just for a laugh)? NH