Search results

1. N

MVS carts from Italy and Mexico on eBay

There are a ton of MVS games on eBay coming from Italy and quite a few coming from Mexico. They always seem to be the cheapest ones. Anybody tried one of these and checked the PCBs? Most of them are hologram labels.
  2. N

Japanese AES = ?

It looks like the JNX and Omega CMVS units won't be available for a bit so I'm thinking of buying a Japanese AES for now. Will I be able to play MVS and US AES carts on it? Anything else to consider before doing this? I believe the power supply will specify 100v AC input. Is there a good...
  3. N

AES or CMVS + cables

I'm settled on a 14" Sony PVM for my desktop and I need to decide on an AES or CMVS and cables. Is one or the other better for audio/video performance? I don't want to use a cartridge adapter but I'm ok with expensive carts because I'll only be buying shmups. Anything else I should consider...
  4. N

Sony BVM or XRGB

I'm planning my entry into the world of Neo Geo and trying to decide between a Sony BVM-20F1U and an XRGB Framemeister. I'm leaning toward the CRT but wanted to see if there's a consensus on this for Neo Geo. I'll mainly be playing shmups.