Search results

1. Dropwire

MV-1AX Flashing Green Screen and Watchdog Clicking

- Still working on the board, figured I'd take some pictures during this process, in case anyone wants to see the traces or pads with the components removed. Bear in mind that this is the insanity I went through trying to find the shorted component. Still working on ideas to simplify this...
  2. Dropwire

Here are some images of the 68HC000 VCC short to GND test. Also included are images of the pre-test I do with my meter leads before and after using the REL function on the DMM to compensate for the inherent resistance in the meter leads. The 58 ohm short is between Pin#14 (VCC) & Pins #16 /#17...
  3. Dropwire

Arcing/buzzing wire and vertical rollover.

Do you have another NEO MVS to try with the monitor? If so is this Folding/Rollover occurring? If not you could try my suggestion below before looking to work on the monitor. Are you running the RGB from the board direct to the monitor or going through a Supergun? This could possibly be a...
  4. Dropwire

MVS Cart Repair - General Questions

Hey folks, let me start off by saying don't beat me up too bad. It has probably been asked before, but are there any documents floating around on MVS Cart repair? Other than clean the contacts and check the traces? I've seen the some of the write ups on Jamma Nation and Neo-Geo Dev Wiki on the...
  5. Dropwire

Z80 Error ! - MVS MV-1FZS

ITS ALIVE !!!!! <insert Frankenstein voice> So I started re-checking connections and logic levels on the NEO-D0, since I ruled out the NEO-C1 due to the swap. And lo and behold Pins 11 & 34 were behaving somewhat erratic. Looking at the pinout from (...
  6. Dropwire

Z80 Error ! - MVS MV-1FZS

Hello all, working on an MV1FZS this time and trying to chase down the cause of the dreaded Z80 error. I have watched the great :buttrock:video on "Z80 Error from Hell" (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FAHJmtqIKM&t=32s) that GadgetUK put together. Unfortunately the board he was working on...
  7. Dropwire

MVS MV-1B Missing Component "U4" Need to Identify

Hello all, I am working on restoring an MV-1B and have come across a missing Component "U4" in the Main 24MHZ clock area (Solder Side). It appears to be either a Transistor (MOSFET) -or- possibly a Schottky Diode/Switching Diode. Trying to ID the part or get a part number to order a replacement...
  8. Dropwire

:scratch: Looking for guidance / help with a MV-1AX board. I repaired several bad traces, replaced the backup battery, checked the main 24Mhz Oscillator, checked the 32.768Khz XT, and still getting the flashing green screen with the watchdog reset/clicking sound. In the pictures: Blue screen...
  9. Dropwire

Basic Neo Geo Repair - Looking for some guidance

I have just finished repairing an MV-1C single slot, had to repair a few broken traces by running some jumper wires. Also had to repair 4 pins on the NEO-YSA2 chip. The pins were completely gone, so I had to sand / file down some of the substrate material on the top of the chip just to expose...
  10. Dropwire

MVS - Blue's Jourmey, No Sound and Some Garbled Graphics

Hello all, I am just getting into the Neo Geo MVS. So far have been able to repair 4 defective MV-1C units that I picked up from eBay. The seller threw in 2 games with the purchase, "King of Fighters 2003" & "Blue's Journey". KOF2003 works great, however Blue's Journey does not have sound and...