Search results

1. Shinchan

Post Your Recent Purchases!

Back in the saddle. Now to wait for the Bennvenn backlight kit so I can actually see the damn thing...
  2. Shinchan

Shinchan's cheap-ass MVS setup

Stereo mod board. Pretty easy to slap together but it would be nice if someone was making a kit with a dedicated PCB. 3.5mm jack for either powered computer speakers or in my case the RGB cable has a 3.5mm plug on the din end and stereo RCA on the monitor/BNC end.
  3. Shinchan

Junk Neo II Hori stick. At least 2 of the buttons were dead. Desoldered the buttons, soldered in a Sanwa stick harness and wires for the buttons to the PCB. I know folks usually grind down the plastic where the stick goes to get everything to fit. I tried several different ways to get the...
  4. Shinchan

The kit from honupata74 seemed to be pretty good for a simple SG. It was missing the power LEDs but the seller had replacements to me in a couple of days. Build was pretty straightforward, I'm an amateur but it went together in about an hour. The PCB was marked really well and any questions I...
  5. Shinchan

A thread to track the progress of my MVS build. Expenditures so far: MV-1A board and 161-1 cart: -$20.00 Supergun kit from eBay seller honupata74: $37.50 "Junk" Hori Neo II stick: $40.00 Joystick/buttons/misc from FocusAttack $55.79 AES to BNC cable from RetroAccess: $54.00 Electronic bits for...
  6. Shinchan

Neo jamma kits from Ebay seller honupata74 - Anyone built/tried?

Success!!! I guess you have to tell Retro Access that you want csync on a specific pin. I had to get into the cable and move the sync line to pin 3 in the DIN8. Working like a charm now!
  7. Shinchan

MV-1A stereo mod/5v question

I can't seem to find consistent information on MV-1A audio. My goals are: Convert the board to 5v Stereo Mod Send unamplified L/R audio to line out jacks I've seen guides that tell me that I need to cut some of the 12v traces to allow the board to run on 5v, I've seen guides that tell me I...
  8. Shinchan

480P test suite in a format that will work with NeoSD

Is there a version of the 480P test suite that is in a format that can be used with the NeoSD? I found the image files on Neohomebrew that can be flashed to eprom chips but that's a no-go at this point.
  9. Shinchan

"Junk," but not for long...
  10. Shinchan

Greetings from bongtastic Colorado

I'm a walking, talking stereotype Started on emu, recently acquired an mv-1a and 160-1 cart for the low, low price of free and am working on soldering up a supergun and fixing some junk sticks that I've been hoarding. Hoping to learn a few things without ending up on the receiving end of the...
  11. Shinchan

Neo jamma kits from Ebay seller honupata74 - Anyone built/tried?

Super-simple passthrough harness. Tiny footprint, no bells or whistles, uses AES RGB cable and can take either molex or barrel power supply. Seems like a super-easy build/solder job. Hits all the right notes for what I need. Has anyone built one of these? What did you think?
  12. Shinchan

Newbie here. Wife has put a fatwa on cabs, so I figured that a supergun setup would technically follow the rule :) Anyway, snagged a MV1ACHX 1-slot + a nice and authentic Magician Lord cart + a 161 in 1 cart off of CL. Flipped the ML cart on Feebay (would have sold or traded it here, but...