Search results

1. P

What is it that actually goes wrong when you plug a JAMMA system into a stereo harness?

Ha. No, I have an old Tekken cab but am not using it at the moment. Anyway, if you mean the board, of course not, err, but if you mean the box, yes I made it, along with the joystick driver circuits and the video encoder. The power supply is from an old rack-mount Pentium III that I dug out...
  2. P

What is it that actually goes wrong when you plug a JAMMA system into a stereo harness?

Not much time for this today, but I did pop the cover off and get a photo of the board. Chris
  3. P

"Street Hoop" boot

Got this in the box with a slightly broken MV1FZ from ebay. I didn't originally realize it was supposed to have a cart, but looking back, it was, and the seller did say it was a bootleg. Interesting things about this one, though. Is that top board an actual SNK part that has been gutted and...
  4. P

"Street Hoop" boot

Accidental duplicate. Sorry. Can somebody kill this one?
  5. P

Maybe while I'm at it I can also post about a problem I'm still actually having. There's a bunch of vague stuff about how you'll burn something out doing this, but nobody is ever specific. What is it that overheats when you hook up a JAMMA board to a non-JAMMA MVS cab, and why? Does anyone...
  6. P

Conversion/adapter for Sega Genesis six-button sticks.

This will probably be a bit of a weird first post, so let me start by saying that I'm posting it because this forum was one of two where I found attempts to answer the question I had about using these controllers when I was trying to solve this problem. Nobody asking was quite as picky about...