Search results

1. bloodycelt

Retroblox modular retro console

No, that's a morlock: This is what a child rapist would look like: If you grew up in a trailer park, you might know that.
  2. bloodycelt

Is Photography an "Art"?

Most of my photographs are just random trees and foliage. Those two photos were just mistakes, and might even not be legal for them to be posted anywhere. This OTOH took a few tries to get right: Its a reflection of the skyline on the Charles, with me fiddling with camera settings. Just an...
  3. bloodycelt

Is Photography an "Art"?

Well you still have to setup the shot like you mentioned, unlike painting your subject has to exist, and you have to choose the lens, the distance, aperture, shutter speed, ISO speed (and digital vs. film (and type)) to go for the right shot with the right lighting. Your choice of subject is...
  4. bloodycelt

One of my short stories

Maybe you should submit that yarn to weird tales.
  5. bloodycelt

Kaladesh (MTG) Prerelase was fun.

Once you start playing magic in a collector's mindset... the fun dissipates. OTOH, I might grab a single Mox Opal for my Affinity Deck. Though its lower priority then the irony of buying an Alpha Lightning Bolt. Edit: I haven't been active in Vintage for a while, but when I was, proxies were...
  6. bloodycelt

Kaladesh (MTG) Prerelase was fun.

Just got back. I'd recommend checking it out. It's aesthetically consistent and interesting, sort of like Innistrad (original), or Lorwyn. There's also something bad ass about gremlins riding a giant train of DOOM! Google it, go to a store, play in a pre-release or draft. :)
  7. bloodycelt

Do you take medication to help you sleep?

Edit: Might be hard to see, thats Codeine.
  8. bloodycelt

Bone cancer is a horrible way to die.

Was over a man's place watching him die. Can't sit up, straw-fed water by his daughter; hands clasping and moaning 'god no' or 'no' every fifteen minutes when lucid, and every 2-3 hours when not. Didn't know they could give morphine orally. Though he only wanted a little bit. Didn't want to...
  9. bloodycelt

Drafted Eldrich Moon (Magic) my thoughts...

Eldrich moon is part of the "Return to innistrad" theme. So, I loved the original Innistrad, it was fun to draft, every pack had cards that made me laugh my ass off, or were just plain cool and thematic. So... the original was more traditional universal movie horror schtick. And it worked...
  10. bloodycelt

Several dead in shooting in Munich shopping mall

Ever play Crusader Kings or Europa Universalis? Poland-Lithuania used to be badass.
  11. bloodycelt

Anyone ever go to the Arcade in Spring Lake (Rhode Island)

It apparently has really old antique pinball machines and penny games. I recall being there a few times, but never had any money. So the only machine that ever stuck out to me was the X-Men one. Would just stand there and watch people play until my Dad whacked me upside the head and dragged me...
  12. bloodycelt

Mario Games

I sort of view the branching history of Donkey Kong/Mario like this: So really the only main-line mario games IMHO are the centered ones from Mario Bros -> Mario Galaxy 2, the rest are all spin off series.
  13. bloodycelt

Nintendo announces its "Flashback" NES Console The NES Classic Edition

Given its size, the motherboard is probably a single PCB with the custom ports. They also mentioned save states as a feature, so its running the updated VC software from either the WiiU or 3DS. The 3DS/2DS use an ARM SOC, but I can't find anything suggesting if it can output 1080p. AFAIK...
  14. bloodycelt

Favorite Civilization series and civ to play?

What is your favorite Civilization game in the series? (Each one upended the table so to speak) And... this is especially relevant in later games, what civ/leader do you like to play? I actually like Civ V, well with the two expansions. It has its flaws (I miss polution, and culture nabbing...
  15. bloodycelt

Post Your Recent Purchases!

Got Nitroplus on EG's reccomendation, my biggest problem with the single player at least is the difficulty of the regular battles, vs. the boss is uneven. And the boss is cheap. (But a lot of fighting games are like that o.0 ). Fact that the moves are fairly easy to execute, and similar across...
  16. bloodycelt

Would you open up an Action Comics #1?

Something amusing to contemplate: Would you open up an Action Comics #1? Those comics are fragile as fuck, so probably not. Anybody that's actually held one and read it without any consideration of it being valuable are dead or almost dead. Consider how lucky we are that we have first hand...
  17. bloodycelt

Best Windows NT OS

The first Windows NT gets a vote because it supported Alpha. (My first job was in Digital's old building so Alpha has a soft spot for me) Windows 2K was the OS all the smart folk used in college, far more stable then windows 98. I also was fond of Windows 7, its a great Bootcamp OS, and very...