Search results

1. DaveyDarko

Neo-geo.com Official WTF NEO Auction Thread

I think I found a flipper :( Anyone sell this recently? http://www.ebay.com/itm/GANRYU-NEO-GEO-MVS-CART-COMPLETE-WITH-SHOCKBOX-AND-MINI-MARQEE-VERY-RARE-/231896815997?&_trksid=p2056016.m2516.l5255
  2. DaveyDarko

Unmame MVS-4-25 (ver. 3) restoration

Installed the EL panels tonight! I had to put in a claim with ebay to get the sellers attention a month after I paid for them, but I was not really in a big rush to get the parts. Im just glad they got here finally and I did not get ripped off xD I actually ended up mounting the board on the...
  3. DaveyDarko

New power supply arrived in the mail today! out with the old in with the new! Back in action! I can sleep better at night now! xD
  4. DaveyDarko

I think my power supply finally died :( The Neo Geo started resetting when the air conditioning kicked on today, and then tonight when I went to play a bit it would not power up. Only some lines on the screen and the coin door lights dont light up. I went ahead an ordered a replacement that's...
  5. DaveyDarko

Purchased the tool kit today! I used a silly gift card I received from a mail in rebate on my PC Power Supply xD Since I still had some money left over on it, I went ahead and ordered the proper cables to hook up the credit displays! They have already been tested and confirmed that they fit...
  6. DaveyDarko

Another quick update! Still waiting on the parts to light the mini marquee, but I broke down and bought Windjammers. I was surprised when it arrived with the original box!
  7. DaveyDarko

Still waiting on parts in the mail, but I thought I would share a quick update. I found a copy of Shock Troopers for a decent price! :D More updates coming soon!
  8. DaveyDarko

I have not disappeared! I just started slacking on the restoration process ever since I got my 161 in 1 multi cart. My friends and I have been playing the hell out of the cab and loving it! One of my New Years Resolutions is to finish this project up this year! I lucked out and scored some...
  9. DaveyDarko

Put in my order for the Unibios chip today! I wanted to be sure to get my order in before next month because the site said they are shipping the next batch of chips on June 3rd :D Once it gets here I'm going to purchase the 161 in 1 cart next! Dont get me wrong my friends and I are having a...
  10. DaveyDarko

Thanks guys! I adjusted the H-Hold and it got rid of the squiggle at the top of the screen! (Thank you Xian Xi!) The picture is still a little bit jumpy, but I think this may be due to the H-Size because when I adjust the H-Pos I can see that the picture is stretched past the screen. I need a...
  11. DaveyDarko

Aww man! Well I hope you are closer to Orlando than I am. They seem to pop up in that area all the time! About the seller saying it could not be converted back to a Neo Geo. He probably said that because ALL of the original wiring was gone and the cable running from the monitor chassis had been...
  12. DaveyDarko

Ok ok enough stalling.. The power supply did not have an external switch, so I had to cross my fingers and plug it in to the wall. Which I did and... ITS ALIVE!!! It took a few seconds for the monitor to warm up, but that sweet sweet Neo Geo tune could be heard through my $5 arcade speakers...
  13. DaveyDarko

*DING DONG* Hmm? Oh ya! Mail Man is here! Whats this? My copy of King of Fighters 98 complete with Shock box! I paid $35 and yes it is legit!
  14. DaveyDarko

After re-installing the control panel I was ready to call it a day, but I had a friend over who was helping me out. This sped things up a bit and he egged me on to keep going, so the next thing I did was install the main board and wiring harness. Special thanks to Arcade Game for giving me a...
  15. DaveyDarko

Thanks Mr. Arcade Game! I was going to mention you in an up coming post! Spoilers! ;D Had a BIG day today! First, I had to rebuild the molex connector that had been cut. HUGE Thanks to MidnightMonkey for helping me find the proper pins and connector I needed! After rebuilding the molex...
  16. DaveyDarko

Thanks xsq! Today I disassembled the control panel and took a wire brush to the underside where there was some rust. I also filed down the extra holes the original owner cut with a round file to make sure they were nice and smooth. I don't want the new control panel overlay getting scratched...
  17. DaveyDarko

Thanks werejag! Everyone here has been very kind to me so far, and I am very thankful to be apart of the neo-geo community :D I finished rebuilding the framework in the top of the cab today! I used reference pics I could find online along with the surviving left over piece of the original panel...
  18. DaveyDarko

Sorry for being so defensive! Anyway, got lots of parts in the mail so there are alot of updates coming soon! before I get too carried away I want to replace some missing frame work in the top of the cab, here is a sneak preview- Just a few more cuts to make and it will be ready to go in the...
  19. DaveyDarko

Replacement 15 pin (3x5) male molex connector for control panel

My cab had been converted to a mame cabinet so my original connectors were cut. I was curious if anyone could help me find the size of the male molex connector needed to connect the snk wiring harness to the control panel. The parts that I ordered are .062 Male Plug Connector The other option...
  20. DaveyDarko

Famicom Disk System Overheating

Does anyone have any experience with the famicom disk system attachment for the original Japanese Nintendo famicom? I have noticed recently while playing disk system games my famicom gets really hot. I am using a genesis model 1 power supply, but I am afraid I am going to have to purchase the...