Search results

1. nam9

Full sized NGPC screens in the works... BennVenn

Posted in the Drop in Lynx LCD Kit Facebook post. Keen to see how these measure up!
  2. nam9

WTB: MVS 138-in-1 Flash Cart

Hi! Does anyone have the Neo Geo 138-in-1 flashcart they no longer need? I picked up a Dip switch a while back, but never got around to buying the actual cart... Cheers! I have a US address as well as a Norwegian one if that helps.
  3. nam9

MV-4F Graphical glitches. Probable cause?

Hi, Testing out a 4-Slot I picked up recently. Plugged in and I get graphical glitches on the cross-hatch screen: Whereas on the colour bar tests I see scrambled text: The 161in1 selection screen is perfectly normal, but the first game I tested gave a split image onscreen. Everything else...
  4. nam9

Looking for MVS Mini side art measurements...

Hi! Does anyone have accurate measurements for the side art decals on a NG MVS Mini cabinet? I see that Szabo's have full side art for the Mini, but I only need the white lettering. ArcadeArtRepro offer just the lettering, but only have full sized decals. They can adjust the size if I have...
  5. nam9

Consolized MVS: RGB from JAMMA (PCE Amp mod)

Tried to find a better solution for handling RGB out on a MV-1FZ unit to avoid overblown colours etc. This thread often pops up when looking into such issues. To summarise: attenuate the RGB signals to 0.7V with a voltage divider, then put them through a video amplifier with 75 ohm...
  6. nam9

Breakers JPN Insert Translation Help

Has anyone taken the time to translate the Japan only AES releases? I haven't found anything that looks like a reasonably straight translation. I was looking into this for a related project. Original here Translation 1 Thrilling non-stop action! Amazing deathblows! Heated two-person...
  7. nam9

AES games - digitised box text / by line etc

Hi! Has anyone anywhere gone to the trouble of typing out AES box art text (Game title, tag line, description etc)? I was thinking of putting together a game menu for friends to browse as choosing a game based on title isn't the most practical. Neo Geo Soft looks like a great resource for...
  8. nam9

MV-1FZ B240 Calendar Error Fix

Hi, I have a MV-1FZ board that is throwing up this B240 Calendar error on boot. Reading around here the culprit is most likely the C2712 (Q1) transistor that sits on the reverse of the Backup Ram section. I have checked IC1 (D4990) and it seems to be receiving power, and the crystal seems to be...
  9. nam9

Glue for CMVS Sockets...

Odd question, but can anyone recommend glue for securing my DIN socket to the plastic shell of this MVB-1FZ unit? I've tried Zap-a Gap style thin plastic cement - but that lasted less than a week... Unfortunately I didn't source a Mini-DIN with screw back... Cheers!
  10. nam9

Whats up with this MV-1FZ Board?

Picked up a cheap 1 slot listed as tested and working 100%. Fire it up and I get this: Board is filthy... crud in and around all chip pins. I don't want to clean it in case I need to return it, but given the image issues, which chips should I be checking? I've cleaned the contacts and...