Search results

1. nam9

Home System Shell Screw Size/Type Request

Hey @Jag-Master Did you manage source a set of suitable screws? This is what my unit came with: Yes, 4 different sizes, and none of them are the truss/washer head style... Are any of them original? I have a AES3-4 model if there are any differences there...
  2. nam9

Full sized NGPC screens in the works... BennVenn

Anyone eyeing up the AliExpress full sized NGPC screens - beware. Reports of them cutting off the bottom row of pixels...
  3. nam9

Full sized NGPC screens in the works... BennVenn

Posted in the Drop in Lynx LCD Kit Facebook post. Keen to see how these measure up!
  4. nam9

WTB: MVS 138-in-1 Flash Cart

Hi! Does anyone have the Neo Geo 138-in-1 flashcart they no longer need? I picked up a Dip switch a while back, but never got around to buying the actual cart... Cheers! I have a US address as well as a Norwegian one if that helps.
  5. nam9

MV-4F Graphical glitches. Probable cause?

Hi, Testing out a 4-Slot I picked up recently. Plugged in and I get graphical glitches on the cross-hatch screen: Whereas on the colour bar tests I see scrambled text: The 161in1 selection screen is perfectly normal, but the first game I tested gave a split image onscreen. Everything else...
  6. nam9

Looking for MVS Mini side art measurements...

Hi! Does anyone have accurate measurements for the side art decals on a NG MVS Mini cabinet? I see that Szabo's have full side art for the Mini, but I only need the white lettering. ArcadeArtRepro offer just the lettering, but only have full sized decals. They can adjust the size if I have...
  7. nam9

Any thoughts about Retroelectronik.com

mr.bootablemaker sells nice 3D printed cases on eBay (Current Auction). Just ordered one in Light Ash Gray - should match the pause button colour...
  8. nam9

NeoVGA FAQ and Order Thread

FINALLY got round to installing the NeoVGA on my MV-1FZ board: Managed to slide the CLK and Gnd wires through the gap between PCB and CPU socket on the VMC. Please note, the /CSYNC line should be connected to U1, (not U2 as per the wiring diagram). Thanks to Mike for the troubleshooting...
  9. nam9

Damn Scalers

There's a thread over on the Shumps forum looking at improving the GBS-8200/8220 units. There also appears to be a new HDMI variant available on eBay now.
  10. nam9

Shitty RetroPie Cases

Planning to fit a Pi into an empty ZX Spectrum case. Kind of like this one: There is a guy in the UK making USB keyboard interfaces, so the idea is that the keyboard will be fully functional.
  11. nam9

CRT Fetish Thread

You need to supply 12v to pin 8 to auto switch to 4:3. Unfortunately you don't have a 12v source in the SNES, so usually only 5v is pased to Pin8, hence the 16:9 aspect ratio. A workaround here is to supply an external 12v source to the scart plug itself, or some sort of charge converter to...
  12. nam9

Consolized MVS: RGB from JAMMA (PCE Amp mod)

Tried to find a better solution for handling RGB out on a MV-1FZ unit to avoid overblown colours etc. This thread often pops up when looking into such issues. To summarise: attenuate the RGB signals to 0.7V with a voltage divider, then put them through a video amplifier with 75 ohm...
  13. nam9

MV-1C Too Bright on the Framemeister

Going back to this point: I have a working solution based on a modified PCE RGB amp: The results are encouraging:
  14. nam9

I received today...

Big thanks to Madman for this: Martial Masters on PGM Now i just need some NeoMiniBoxes... Out of stock, but if there's enough demand?
  15. nam9

IGS PGM consolized

Not sure if you can just drop +12v. Looks like more than just the audio amp makes use of it. I was looking into a 12v to 5v DC-DC converter for the task. There are tons on eBay for dirt cheap... Only reviews I've seen mention interference (mostly in car audio applications), but other people...
  16. nam9

I received today...

Picked up a Demon Front PGM kit on eBay from cezko_garcia. Real nice condition - usual issues aside (game label curling, battery leaking...) Battery was gone, but only just. Whipped that straight off. Cleaned up nicely!