Search results

1. SmokeMonster

Metal Slug 2 CD Turbo Released: Slowdown Reduction Patched

I mentioned this in the MS2 Slowdown Reduction thread but it really deserves its own thread. Raz was able to apply system11's MVS/AES eprom patch to Metal Slug 2 CD and has made it publicly available. Here's the release thread with more info, and here is a direct link so you don't have to...
  2. SmokeMonster

Neo Geo CDZ - No Video Output

I picked up a CDZ that has no video output. Its RGB is detected and switched to by my scaler but it just produces a black screen. Composite does nothing at all. From what I've read, bad video can be related to CXA1645. Is this likely the case with mine?
  3. SmokeMonster

Gone: FREE MSH vs SF CPS-2 Original Front Label

Update: This has been claimed by ElectricGrave :D I used a hair dryer to remove the label from my suicided multi-cart donor, and it came right off. I thought that I would have trashed it in the process, so instead of tossing it I stuck it to label paper and put it aside for someone. It's free...
  4. SmokeMonster

WTB: Darksoft STV Multi-cart

Please PM me if you have a Darksoft STV multi for sale. I'd like to spend around $150, and I'm in the US.
  5. SmokeMonster

What case is used for this C-MVS?

Is this case available to order anywhere? It's from an overpriced eBay listing:
  6. SmokeMonster

FOUND: CPS2 Street Fighter Alpha/Zero 2 & 3

These have been found, thank.
  7. SmokeMonster

WTB: MAK Strike Supergun

Please PM me if you have a MAK Strike for sale. I'm in the US.
  8. SmokeMonster

Found: 1 CPS-2 Clip

Please PM me if you have a single CPS-2 black metal clip for sale. My A board only came with one and I'm getting graphical problems from too loose of a connection between A and B boards. update: I found one, thanks for the help guys!
  9. SmokeMonster

SOLD: Jamma-2-MVS Adapter $26 - jammaboards.com version

Update: This is sold. Xian Xi graciously sold me a new jammaboards Jamma-2-MVS adapter for $26 shipped, but it turns out that I don't need it. I'll pass it on to someone for the same price. SOLD
  10. SmokeMonster

Neo Geo CD: TA7805S Equivalent to lower internal temps?

I replace the 7805 in Super Nintendos with a OKI-78SR, which gets rid of almost all heat inside the console. Is there a similar direct-replacement for the NGCD's TA7805S? I know that the voltage handling is more complex in the CD, so I'm probably overlooking something. It would be nice to get...
  11. SmokeMonster

Homemade Holo Labels

I came across this Pipilio holographic adhesive film and took a shot at making some holo-style labels. The paper is about $3.00 after shipping (though you'll have to request USPS 1st class from customer service). The labels do look like some kind of genuine product that once existed, but the...
  12. SmokeMonster

WTB: Scart to Component Converter

Please PM me if you have a Scart to Component Converter for sale.
  13. SmokeMonster

Metal Slug 5 Boot

I gambled on a $25 buy-it-now Metal Slug 5 on eBay and it turned out to be a boot. I took some pictures of the board while cleaning it, so I might as well post them for posterity's sake.
  14. SmokeMonster

Cleaning CPS2 B-Board PCBs

My normal method for cleaning PCBs is to use simple green and a toothbrush, followed by a wash with warm water. Is this OK for CPS-2 B-boards, or would that risk suiciding them? Update: I've read in a few places that CPS2 boards should not be cleaned with water because, as I suspected, it could...
  15. SmokeMonster

New Cart Labels: 161-in-1, 138-in-1, MS2 Turbo, Shock Troopers

I made a few high-quality cart labels by combining elements from a few templates that are floating around. The "Original" labels are direct replacements. Use "MVS Cart Size" if you have moved the PCBs to a stock MVS cart. Here is a zip with Paint.NET templates and full-res TIFs. Below are...
  16. SmokeMonster

WTB: CPS2 Common B Boards - Marvel vs Capcom, etc - US/JP

I picked up a US CPS2 A&B setup and am looking to buy one or two more boards for it. If you have any for sale, please PM me a list and your prices. I'm looking for cheap common titles like Marvel vs Capcom and Xmen COTA. I'm not looking for Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter or Street...
  17. SmokeMonster

CPS-2 A Board Capacitor List?

I tracked down a CPS-II A&B board (Blue US MSvsSF, thanks kitkit!) and will be replacing the A's caps, battery, and fan when it arrives in a few weeks. Does anyone have a list of the A board's cap values on hand? I'd like to see if I have them all on hand, and place an order for those that I...
  18. SmokeMonster

WTB: Die-Cut MVS Cart Labels

Does anyone sell quality die-cut MVS cart top labels? I need two 161-in-1 labels and one for Shock Troopers. I've spent a lot of time and effort trying to print my own and they just turn out looking amateur. At this point I'd like something professional to match the rest of my carts.
  19. SmokeMonster

SC200 Power Supply: Help Request

I picked up an old SC200 PSU and am trying to troubleshoot it. It's putting out 12V on the 5V line, and 0V on the 12V line. My SC200 is by Lancity, but appears to be identical to the Ault. I've already recapped it, with no change. Also, the adjustment dial inside only changes the output by +/-...
  20. SmokeMonster

Help Request: Neo Geo MVS Art for Qanba Q1 Joystick

I'm working on an MVS overlay for my Qanba Q1, and wanted to know if someone more experienced with design could lend a hand. With my limited design skills, it's just not coming together very well. If anyone would like to lend a hand, I'd be extremely grateful and would give credit when I post...