Search results

1. SmokeMonster

Looking for better picture from CDZ, would this work?

I agree with all of the comments here. I also have that same CVS287 Scart RGB-to-Component converter and am a huge fan of it. I messed with lots of cheap converters (GBS-8200, Scart-to-HDMI, etc) before finding it, and it is in another league entirely. No lag or filtering at all. Definitely the...
  2. SmokeMonster

Metal Slug 2 CD Turbo Released: Slowdown Reduction Patched

I mentioned this in the MS2 Slowdown Reduction thread but it really deserves its own thread. Raz was able to apply system11's MVS/AES eprom patch to Metal Slug 2 CD and has made it publicly available. Here's the release thread with more info, and here is a direct link so you don't have to...
  3. SmokeMonster

MUSHA Composer (Toshiaki Sakoda) to visit the US

Very cool that you're meeting the man behind MUSHA. Here's a custom Genesis music player for MUSHA that I made for the Genesis VGM Music Project, which is a project with the goal of honoring and bringing attention to the great VGM composers like Sakoda. The players open as a stand-alone music...
  4. SmokeMonster

CPS2 - Important information to anyone using the hardware.

I get GOOD (1EAE, 1EAF) for every test on my CPS2 Multi, regardless of high or low voltage. I tested at 4.8V and 5.08V (20 minutes at 4.8V, 1 hour at 5.08V). Multi CPS2: Latest Revision with the new sound fix by Mitsu B-Board: Marvel vs Street Fighter (Revision 6, G-pal) PSU: Happ Power Pro...
  5. SmokeMonster

Pandora Box 3 Multi-Game 520-1 PCB

I compiled a full list using the Aliexpress ad images. Here's a searchable PDF of it too.
  6. SmokeMonster

Neo Geo CDZ - No Video Output

I picked up a CDZ that has no video output. Its RGB is detected and switched to by my scaler but it just produces a black screen. Composite does nothing at all. From what I've read, bad video can be related to CXA1645. Is this likely the case with mine?
  7. SmokeMonster

FS: Eprom Burning Services

Thanks for burning me a $1 STV Multi-Bios! I finally got to fire her up today.
  8. SmokeMonster

Gone: FREE MSH vs SF CPS-2 Original Front Label

Update: This has been claimed by ElectricGrave :D I used a hair dryer to remove the label from my suicided multi-cart donor, and it came right off. I thought that I would have trashed it in the process, so instead of tossing it I stuck it to label paper and put it aside for someone. It's free...
  9. SmokeMonster

WTB: Darksoft STV Multi-cart

Please PM me if you have a Darksoft STV multi for sale. I'd like to spend around $150, and I'm in the US.
  10. SmokeMonster

What case is used for this C-MVS?

Is this case available to order anywhere? It's from an overpriced eBay listing:
  11. SmokeMonster

FOUND: CPS2 Street Fighter Alpha/Zero 2 & 3

These have been found, thank.
  12. SmokeMonster

SNES Mini Rgb mod

I ordered this 5v to 9v DC-DC converter and am going to add it to my Scart/Component converter with a switch for 5v/9v ratio control. It's a bit more expensive at $4, but is a strict 9V output.
  13. SmokeMonster

WTB: MAK Strike Supergun

Please PM me if you have a MAK Strike for sale. I'm in the US.
  14. SmokeMonster

Found: 1 CPS-2 Clip

Please PM me if you have a single CPS-2 black metal clip for sale. My A board only came with one and I'm getting graphical problems from too loose of a connection between A and B boards. update: I found one, thanks for the help guys!
  15. SmokeMonster

SOLD: Jamma-2-MVS Adapter $26 - jammaboards.com version

Update: This is sold. Xian Xi graciously sold me a new jammaboards Jamma-2-MVS adapter for $26 shipped, but it turns out that I don't need it. I'll pass it on to someone for the same price. SOLD
  16. SmokeMonster

Homemade Holo Labels

I applied the Shock Troopers mock-holo today, and inlaid an arrow on the front of the 161. The 161 actually looks really nice now. I've given up on trying to capture how good these look in pictures though, it's impossible to show the holo surface effect on a 2D display. All of the smaller text...
  17. SmokeMonster

Neo Geo CD: TA7805S Equivalent to lower internal temps?

I replace the 7805 in Super Nintendos with a OKI-78SR, which gets rid of almost all heat inside the console. Is there a similar direct-replacement for the NGCD's TA7805S? I know that the voltage handling is more complex in the CD, so I'm probably overlooking something. It would be nice to get...
  18. SmokeMonster

Homemade Holo Labels

I came across this Pipilio holographic adhesive film and took a shot at making some holo-style labels. The paper is about $3.00 after shipping (though you'll have to request USPS 1st class from customer service). The labels do look like some kind of genuine product that once existed, but the...
  19. SmokeMonster

New Cart Labels: 161-in-1, 138-in-1, MS2 Turbo, Shock Troopers

I made turbo stickers using MS sprites. I hope system11 is OK with the homage :D If not, I'll pull them of course. They're sized to be placed on the front of the cart here: Here are Paint.NET templates: https://mega.nz/#!MUlXkDoZ!3MDy-nW_1W1LR9owY9GjMItt5yerDaUKpZmBrrHBOUI Print @...
  20. SmokeMonster

WTB: Scart to Component Converter

Please PM me if you have a Scart to Component Converter for sale.