Search results

1. M

FS: NEC PCE Supergrafx | RGB mod | recapped |

NEC PCE Supergrafx console for sale: - RGB modded - recapped Includes: - controller - RGB Scart cable - PSU (240V) - Krikzz Turbo Everdrive Asking 500 EUR for the lot, PayPal gift or +4%.
  2. M

[FS] 11x MVS cart set | clean ENG labels | EU shipping

Pictured set of MVS carts for sale: Games: - Nam-1975 - Wind Jammers - Puzzle de Pon / R - Tecmo World Soccer 96 - Neo Turf Masters - Super Sidekicks 2 - Mutation Nation (+ mini marquee) - Shock Troopers - King of Fighters 98 - Metal Slug - Art of Fighting All carts are legit, clean...
  3. M

EPROM inserted wrong way | Mega CD 2 bios

What is your experience as regards to inserting an EPROM the wrong way into the socket - does it always result in instant death for the EPROM? The EPROM is a n AT27C1024 for Mega CD 2 region free bios. After getting rid of the old bios and installing a bios socket I dicked up and put the bios...
  4. M

Genesis 2: power on = black screen

Picked up a Sega Genesis Model 2 with a 'VA 2.3 USA' board. The problem at hand is a black screen on power on both composite and RGB (official Sega RGB cable). Diagnosis so far: - receives power upon power on, voltage regulator functioning ok - caps looking good - traces to cart slot fine...
  5. M

MVS capacitor desoldering

I took a first attempt at replacing the caps on my MV-1FZ board today and am having a real hard time desoldering the old caps. For the first try I chose a remote cap near the JAMMA edge with little in the way of components in its proximity - basically its a no go, whatever I try I cannot get...
  6. M

Sega Mega Drive / Genesis OEM PSUs - capacitor failures

TL;DR - check the capacitor in your Sega Mega Drive / Genesis OEM PSU - most likely its failed and leaking electrolytic fluid. I was having a bit of a problem with my Mega Drive 2 + Mega CD 2 combo unit - was getting quite a bit of interference / ripple in the picture - looked like AC ripple...
  7. M

PC Engine to DB15 adapter - help needed

I tried to make one today using the MMmonkey tutorial: http://www.mmmonkey.co.uk/nes-to-pc-engine-controller-mod/ Result - it does not work. I double / triple checked my connections both on the DB15 and Mini-DIN cable side and all connections are fine. My impression is that the MMmonkey...
  8. M

Sega MD / Genesis Arcade Power Stick - modding ideas /advice

Recently picked up a MD Arcade Power Stick in the three-button non-microswitched stick flavor. After opening it up and a through cleaning of the contacts on both the stick and buttons and putting some lithium grease on the stick it functions fine for what it is, that said obviously it does not...
  9. M

FS: PC Engine Coregrafx RGB modded + 3 games

I have the following PC Engine Coregrafx bundle for sale: - PCE Coregrafx with the following mods: i) RGB mod using Yodd's PCE RGB amp, ii) correct 4:3 aspect ratio switching and input selection upon power on on scart TV's mod and iii) 2x power on led's mod - scart cable - composite cable -...
  10. M

[WTB] Sega 32X / Sega CD front loader

If anybody has a working Sega 32X (PAL or NTSC) or Sega CD front loader (NTSC or region free modded) for sale let me know. Key considerations are that the system works and that the price will not require one to grab their ankles.
  11. M

N64 bundle: N64 NTSC RGB, Everdrive 64, NEW PAD, RAM expansion pak etc

*** SOLD *** I have the following N64 bundle for sale: - RGB modded NTSC N64, incl. scart cable and 220V PSU (those on 110V can just swap in a 110V PSU module) - Everdrive V3 flashcart + SD card (also allows playing NES roms) - RAM expansion pack - 1x BRAND NEW unopened N64 pad (pretty hard...
  12. M

Help identifing arcade shooting game

I am seeking to identify the name of a game I played in the arcades in the early nintees. Clues / what I remember: - first person shooting game - cabinet had a gun (guns), however it was more like an Uzi than a handgun / pistol - gun most likely had a small red button for grenades - military...
  13. M

PC MAME 5.25" DB15-to-USB joystick connection device

Maybe this will be useful for someone thinking of a controller solution for PC MAME - just put together this device to connect NG DB15 standard joysticks / pads to a PC for use on i.a. MAME. Since its a 5.25" form it slides right into a standard 5.25" PC bay. Parts used: - old, broken and...
  14. M

WTB Magician Lord MVS, Ghost Pilots MVS

WTB Magician Lord MVS and Ghost Pilots MVS, clean English labels preferred. Let me know if you can hook me up, either straight sale of alternatively have a few items I can part exchange.
  15. M

Konami Lethal Enforcers JAMMA PCB

Hi All, I have a Konami Lethal Enforcers JAMMA PCB incoming, was wondering if you can help me out with 2 questions: 1) does it require -5V? 2) I would require two light guns - can anyone point me in the direction of guns which would be compatible with this PCB? Plug and play solutions allowing...
  16. M

Sega Megadrive (High Def Graphics / VA4 board) with mods, Adapteur RVB and PSU

Hi All, I looking to move a Sega Megadrive PAL version. Its the High Definition Graphics / VA4 motherboard revision - the best version in terms of sound. It comes with the Sega Adapteur RVB scart cable (includes all the components necessary to display an RGB image as per Sega specs, uses csync...
  17. M

CMVS - RGB brightness levels

On a MV-1FZ board I have 75ohm resistors on the RGB lines and its giving me perfect brightness levels when connected via Scart to a Sony Trinitron consumer CRT TV. However when connecting to a BVM the picture is way too bright. I tried the obvious of getting a separate scart cable and adding...
  18. M

Female panel mount scart connector wiring write up (pics)

I am working on my first Neo Geo CMVS build at the moment (nothing spectacular, basically a reload of Gummy Bear's briefcase I found in the forum archives) and as part of that I had my first go at wiring up a female panel mount scart connector. It took me a few goes to get it right and I...
  19. M

N64 reset button not working

The situation here is slightly different to the standard case of the reset button being stuck in that the reset button is moving up and down but the N64 is not resetting. In any case I opened the console up and gave it a clean anyway - pressing the momentary switch underneath the reset button...
  20. M

Super Gameboy (SNES adapter) problem

Having problems getting a PAL Super Gameboy adapter to work on a NTSC SNES Mini. - I have lifted Pin 4 on the CIC chip inside the Super Gameboy so region wise we are fine - I have extensively cleaned the cartridge pins with contact cleaner / rubber eraser but to no effect. Basically I am just...