Search results

1. B

Cool Cool Toon NGPC connectivity?

Been playing this little-known SNK rhythm game on Dreamcast, and I immediately noticed the Neo Geo Pocket link-up option on the title screen. Any idea what this was for? I'd test it myself, but I don't have the requisite hardware.
  2. B

Batman (Arcade, 2013)

That's right, no subtitle. It's a new arcade driving game from Specular Interactive, the original devs of Hydro Thunder (and its 2009 spiritual sequel, H2Overdrive). Flew under my radar until I saw it in the wild today. http://www.specular.com/Zeus/index.htm I've given it a few credits and can...
  3. B

Thrash Rally vs. OverTop?

I thought this would be a tough choice, but after going back and playing them both again I'd have to say I prefer Thrash Rally. For starters, TR has two courses instead of just one. I feel like there's more variety in the vehicles you select (especially the awesome Camion), because OverTop's...
  4. B

Horrible MAMEcabs

"MOMA deserving design" This is an actual design that the MOMA felt was deserving of exhibition. Do you think that is a compliment? One player only with two buttons? That vertical screen is perfect for Batrider, too bad ya can't play it!
  5. B

Horrible MAMEcabs

Good to see that the time-honored "paste on Google search images of every random video game character you can think of" decorating technique hasn't yet gone out of style. This is another one of the "designs" you can get. Nothing says ARCADE GOODNESS like Farmville, right guys??? (There's...
  6. B

SHOCK T2 MVS FLYERS, PROTO???

Doesn't look European. If we could get our hands on the cart, I'd guess it would turn out to be an Asian boot of Shock Troopers with a different title screen and possibly some gameplay changes, like King of Gladiator or Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon. There's a chance it's legitimate, and that...
  7. B

Dark Awake/Chaos Breaker: An orphaned Neo game?

Even with a PS3 port in existence, there's very little information on Eolith's final game, Dark Awake/Chaos Breaker (usually known as "that World of Warcraft fighter"). Considering Eolith's history with Playmore, is there any information about whether it was originally intended for the Neo, but...
  8. B

Neo-Geo CDZ failure rates?

I'm interested in picking up a Neo-Geo CDZ at some point for the arrange soundtracks, cheap (and burnable) games, and just so I can say I own an authentic piece of SNK console hardware. The load times with the standard model are too much for me to bother with. However, Wikipedia tells me that...
  9. B

Let Ass Kick Together!

Hi, I'm Boredom from the east coast US. I've never owned a Neo-Geo and probably never will at this point - it was too rich for my blood when I was a kid, and then emulation removed any burning desire I had to get one. But I've been playing its games legitimately for most of my life on various...
  10. B

Possible lead on an undiscovered Neo proto: Ninja Ryukenden/Gaiden 2

Saw this and thought you folks would be interested. http://www.gamengai.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3108