Search results

1. nug

SoCal meet up 9/2/2017

2. nug

SoCal meet up 9/2/2017

We are going to have another meet up at Hodari's garage arcade in Huntington Beach. Will have some snacks, but feel free to bring food or drinks. There will be games galore, including Skycurser! Hope to see you there!
  3. nug

SoCal Meetup number 3 (10/15/16)

Alright guys, it's that time again! Hodari got a couple more cabs, and wants to have a meetup October 15th, starting @ 6pm. We're asking that everyone bring something, drinks, food, etc so we can get a little potluck going. If there's any specific games you want to play, please bring them...
  4. nug

Yatterwan arcade machine

So I found a local guy that has shit loads of arcade stuff for sale. One thing that caught my eye was this giant animatronic Yatterwan gambling game which I've never seen before. Does anyone have any info on this? http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/579da9f989012/20160730_171938.jpg
  5. nug

WTB: RJ45 console cables / adapters

Been looking around for someone that makes RJ45 cables. I need one for the PS2, OG Xbox, and NES. Also looking for an NES to Famicom adapter, or a straight RJ45 Famicom cable, but I'm not sure if that's compatible with the sticks I have (PS360). If you know anyone that offers this service...
  6. nug

SoCal Shumpmeet / Neo meet, Saturday June 25th, in Huntington Beach. 6pm-12am

Hey guys! Thought I'd post this here too to invite all the local members. Hodari (new member here) is hosting a get together at his house in Huntington Beach. The last one was lots of fun! All sorts of arcade gaming. Please post here if you're interested so we can get an idea of how many to plan...
  7. nug

Price check on BVM-F24U

Found one locally. Everything is in working order. It has BNC-style SDI and RGBHV inputs, with around 20k hours of use. Whats the most I should pay?
  8. nug

Hitachi M34KDZ30X72 tube monitor

A guy by me has a bunch of these NOS and is selling them pretty cheap. Was wondering if anyone has any info on them. Couldn't find anything useful online.
  9. nug

Gunbird 2 on Android

Just a heads up, not sure how long it's been out, but Mobirix came out with Gunbird 2. Not usually a fan of shmups on the phone, but this one looks and plays nice. It's free too, so it's worth a look :)
  10. nug

Famicom shockbox?

I was digging through my famicom stuff, and found my copy of power blazer. I forgot that it came with a really cool hard case, which I really like the looks of. Is there a source for something similar? Wouldn't mind getting these for all my loose famicom carts.
  11. nug

Anyone heard of an Avol AET42100FM?

So I was searching my local craigslist and found this tv. Says it's a 42" LED HD tv. What peaked my interests is that it has a SCART input. Info on this tv is scarce. The PDF manual doesn't say much, and it seems most people that have it are in the military, which makes me think it's a cheap...
  12. nug

Best Famicom Disk System games?

So I finally took the plunge into the disk games about a year ago. I wanted to know what games really benefit from the Disk System's sound chip. My plan is to try and only collect the games that really have a noticeable difference in sound. Any suggestions?
  13. nug

Bit overdue: Hello...

Found this site in a roundabout way a few years back. After constantly rummaging through threads, decided to join since the members here seem very knowledgeable and share my sense of humor (only place I've literally laughed out loud at forum posts). Living in orange county / socal area, always...
  14. nug

Need a good component to scart transcoder

Been looking for a good component to scart transcoder and coming up empty. Only thing I found was the Keene rgb2c, but sadly can't find any for sale. Any suggestions? Ultimately, one that could be switched back and forth like the Keene model would be optimal, as it could have a multi purpose...
  15. nug

Price check on 20" Sony PVM 20L5

Local guy near me selling 3 of these. He's asking $500 or best offer. My questions are simple; what are these worth, and what should I be looking for?
  16. nug

Xbox 360 game price question

I pretty much have all the region free / US shmup games, and am now starting to slowly collect the Japanese only games. I'm currently looking at Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu black label, and Mushishimesama. What are good prices for these?
  17. nug

Xbox One to run old Xbox 360 games

Xbox One to run old Xbox 360 games http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-33142538 Just saw this. What do you guys think? I personally have been holding off on getting an Xbox one, but this may change my mind.
  18. nug

Need help choosing a Component to VGA converter

I wanted to play a couple of my older modded consoles (original xbox and Wii) on my CRT computer monitor which only has VGA. What's my best option Without breaking the bank?
  19. nug

Computer Monitor Question

I have an NEC Multisync fp2141sb CRT monitor. I want to use it for my xbox 360 and dreamcast. Can anyone help me out with what settings to use? Also, if there's any hardware I could use with this to get a better picture please let me know. I primarily play shmups and 2D fighters if that helps.
  20. nug

MVS cartridge color question

Just wondering if specific colors for MVS game carts are more desirable and command a higher price.