Search results

1. B

MVS 2 Slot; Getting crackling sound on some sound effects

I have a MVS 2 slot that I think I have narrowed the problem down to the slot, but I just want to make sure I am not jumping the gun. Across two different cars the sound only has issues in slot 1, not slot two. I also tested out the headphone jack vs. the speakers and the problem persisted in...
  2. B

MVS/ Neo Geo Arcade Items Large Sale:

Hello Everybody; Finally decided to clear out a bunch of my arcade gear, and I thought I would try the board prior to ebay. Please feel free to send reasonable offers; I am not expecting top dollar for every item, but I am not in a big hurry and looking to be lowballed either. Please send my...
  3. B

Massive Arcade Sale: Some Unbelievable Items: CPS 2 Blue Kits etc.

Hello Everybody; Finally decided to clear out a bunch of my arcade gear, and I thought I would try the board prior to ebay. Please feel free to send reasonable offers; I am not expecting top dollar for every item, but I am not in a big hurry and looking to be lowballed either. I have now...
  4. B

Penny Arcade Expo 2009: Roll Call!

Penny Arcade Expo 2009? Who else is gonna be there? With 75,000 other gaming nerds in attendance, I am guessing I am not the only one here going. However, judging by the lack of response to the thread I created regarding PAX 2008, it is easily possible :) It might be nice to get some plays...
  5. B

Crank 2: Actually Good!

The universe is a strange place. Against all odds and logic, I found Crank 2 to be entertaining and worthy of my 13(!) Canadian dollars. It reuses an uncomfortable amount of plot elements from the first movie (it would probably be shorter to list the new elements of the plot). However, for...
  6. B

Noby Noby Boy: WTF?

The best way I can summarize the video on the linked page is: I have absolutely no idea what is going on. At the very least, I expected to figure out what the parrot was doing in the lower left hand corner, but even that is a mystery to me. Watch at your own peril, or at least bemusement...
  7. B

Anybody buy Galaga Legions?

I just downloaded this demo and it seemed to scratch my shooter itch (perhaps simply due to the insane enemy swarms). Anybody buy this game? I'm just wondering if you can eventually start at any of the adventure stages, or if you keep having to grind through the early stages over and over and...
  8. B

Penny Arcade Expo 2008: Who's With Me?

I checked the Neo Gatherings forum, and saw no meeting announced for PAX. Its in 11 days, and I can't believe I'm the only forum member going. I'm a board game playing / mordern video game playing / classic video game playing / card game playing nerd, so PAX is basically the best convention I...
  9. B

Next Gen Consoles: End the Madness

I am sure I am not the first person to post about this, but I am the first person to post about it today... When are people going to stop referring to the 360, Wii and PS3 as "Next Gen". Um, I've had my 360 for 2.5 years. Its been "current gen" for me for that time. If the 360 has the same 4...
  10. B

My Launch Day Xbox 360 Finally Red Ringed

I know a more surprising thread title would be that my well played 360 was still working, but hey. I was looking for the last "cursed" thread where people posted (including me) that their 360's were still working, and their 360's started dying, but could not find it. I figure my 360 didn't owe...
  11. B

The "Too Many Good Games" Thread

I have been apart from my video gaming systems for 6 months (due to a long, complicated move). I haven't been moping around pining for my 360 and HDTV, and I only mention this so the list below makes a bit more sense. I'm sure others on this board are feeling my pain, so let's hear it. As...
  12. B

Halo 3 Reviews Thread:

I thought I'd start the inevitable Halo 3 Reviews thread: Gamespot's review is up, and they basically bowed down before it. This is the link to the video review. The first review I read was at The Globe and Mail "Canada's National Newspaper", and it wasn't as positive. May as well get the...
  13. B

US dollar in its death throes?

I'm a Canadian, and have watched with some disbelief as the US government has flushed its currency down the toilet. I'm wondering what the media have been reporting to the "average" American regarding the devaluation of their currency? Has it even made the news? Basically the Canadian dollar...
  14. B

Meesa People Gonna Die? Global Warming FTW!

Here it is: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20070820.wnorice0820/BNStory/International/home
  15. B

US Department of Defense Issues Warning Over Canadian Quarters!

This is just sad, sad, sad. Good thing common sense intervened before you guys decided to liberate us :) . from: theglobeandmail WASHINGTON — An odd-looking Canadian coin with a bright red flower was the culprit behind the U.S. Defence Department's false espionage warning earlier this year...
  16. B

EBAY: Capcom kits and othter PCB's

Hi all; just thought I'd give you a heads up about some of the auctions I have this week: Click Here: Vampire Savior Night Warriors X-men vs Street Fighter Marvel Super Heroes vs Street Fighter Cyberbots: Fullmetal Madness Plus the PCB's: Elevator action II (2) : PCB + Taito F2 Motherboard...
  17. B

Even the Mainstream Media Has Noticed the Ebay Trend for the PS3

I was checking my national newspaper this morning, and this article put a smile on my face. By the time a mainstream source is aware of an issue like this, it can't be a good sign for those wishing to take advantage of the trend. My favorite quote was "Most of the people in this lineup...
  18. B

Xbox 360 fall update fixes black crush through VGA!!!

Yay, I can buy the Xbox 360 HD DVD add on without worry. My only gripe about the 360's DVD playback and upscaling via my TV's VGA input was the so called "black crush". Dark scenes were waaaay too dark. Watching a movie like "Pitch Black" would have been fitting as half the scenes would have...
  19. B

Japanese Developers Going into the toilet in regards to quality? Sound off!

I've been thinking more and more about how all the "good" games used to come from Japan (this was after playing the Capcom Classics collection again). Now, it seems a good game is accidentally leaked from Japan once in a blue moon. I'm not sure where to start my rant, but it may as well be...
  20. B

Texas Holdem for 360 Free Ful Game until Friday

Hi all; Just a heads up for those with a 360 and a live account. Texas Hold'em will be a free download (until Friday, I believe) and then it will be 800 points. Get it ASAP while the getting's good. I also have a question about this title. What happens when you burn through your bankrolls...