Search results

1. Gentle Ben

Just paid my own salary (mostly)

I took over the North American IT department of a company based out of New Zealand recently. Of all the things they handed off to me, the one I wasn't looking forward to the most was the Verizon Wireless account. Last month I broke down and went through all of the lines. I found: A few lines...
  2. Gentle Ben

How about a laugh for a change???

https://twitter.com/KeatonPatti/status/1039889888961880064
  3. Gentle Ben

NES Sharp TV combo

I have never even SEEN one of these before. Heard about them, but kinda wish I hadn't spent all my vidya game munny this month. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/244018832979044/
  4. Gentle Ben

Defining Shooters (Shmups, if you will)

So the last few days I was looking up shooters for the NES. A couple were listed that confused me, like Gun.Smoke, King's Knight, and Adventures of Dino Riki. I have all 3 of them, and while I've played Gun.Smoke, I have a hard time really thinking of it as a shooter, despite the scrolling...
  5. Gentle Ben

Sega Genesis cartridge caps

Can anyone tell me if the caps used in genny carts are different depending on titles (I assume this is the case), or do they use a consistent size/type? Found a decent copy of Alisia Dragoon for cheap and it will not play, despite the "Licensed by Sega" screen showing up. Thought I'd try to...
  6. Gentle Ben

Body Piercings and how they affect everyday activities

So, many years ago (like, 2002) I got a Prince Albert. I've had it so long I just take it for granted. However, the ring has a bad habit of causing urine to spray in a fan. I prefer tall urinals because they catch everything anyway...but at home I tend to sit down to pee, ESPECIALLY in the...
  7. Gentle Ben

WTT: Metal Warriors SNES for shmups

Hey there ladies and gents. Got a loose copy of Metal Warriors, and would RATHER have a good shmup or two. Market value ( :thevt: ) is $200 or so, but mine has a tear on the spine part of label, so I don't think it's worth quite that. So I'd LIKE to trade for: SNES - Space Megaforce OR SNES...
  8. Gentle Ben

Looking for recommendations

I suck at shooters. The only ones I've beaten are arcade games that I could just keep feeding quarters into, like Giga Wing. I freakin love em though. Gradius 3 is still one of my all time faves, though I absolutely cannot beat it without a game genie for infinite lives. Got to the final...
  9. Gentle Ben

Moving toward digital distribution

The more gaming moves towards digital distribution, the less interested in it I become. To me, gaming was not always JUST about the games, it had a tactile facet to it. Putting a cartridge into a console, having a game in your hands...I miss that. When you purchase a license to download a...
  10. Gentle Ben

Mark of the Wolves AES

Cancelled, sorry!!! Got Christmas coming up, and though I REALLY don't want to, this is the one game I have that I know should sell quickly. **Note** If this doesn't sell within a week, I'm keeping it. See this thread for the story behind it...
  11. Gentle Ben

My pathetic NG collection - please mock!

Only got back into AES last year, so it's meager. Use to collect MVS but job no Bueno, so now I'm being more selective. Aw crap. Just realized this pic is a couple months out of date. Will update later today. EDIT: Picture updated!
  12. Gentle Ben

Help on obvious printed MotW label

Hi everybody! ("Hi, Dr. Nick!") So, a couple weeks ago I won an eBay auction for MotW AES for $655. I was high. When I woke up next morning and realized what I'd done, it had already shipped. From UAE. Just got it in, and it is SO Freakin obvious that the label was just printed off of...
  13. Gentle Ben

ALL SOLD, thanks everybody!!!

UPDATE: PRICES INCLUDE SHIPPING. Mutation Nation $25 Sorry no insert art on this one Will NOT ship out of USA. Apologies. The ONLY reason these are generally $5 more than the lowest listed price on price guide is due to the shockboxes. They don't do me any good by themselves, and selling...
  14. Gentle Ben

SOLD... Thanks NG.com!!!

I have a Naomi Mobo with MvC2 (all characters unlocked), with a Capcom I/O. I don't want to make ALL the money in the world on this, but would like to get close to fair market value. Suggestions??? Ebay is a piece of crap, and everything on there is way over priced anyway. Edit: NEVER MIND...
  15. Gentle Ben

Sorry. Salvation is at hand, don't have to sell MVS. God what a tease! :(

Just got a job offer....don't need to sell! Really bad timing, sorry to everyone!
  16. Gentle Ben

WTB: Metal Slug 3 MVS ***FOUND***

Lookin for MS3. Don't care for kits, gonna put it in a shockbox. Doesn't need to be pretty, just want to play it. Really not interested in paying extra for shipping, so US only, please. Thanks! FOUND AND PURCHASED, THANKS EVERYONE.
  17. Gentle Ben

A General Rule of Thumb:

ALWAYS check inside your arcade cabinets. Don't assume the seller knows what's in there... I bought a converted Neo 4Slot from a dude that was moving from San Diego to DC. He dropped it off for me here in Albuquerque today. I bought it because it included Bust-A-Move Again (legit), SvC Chaos...
  18. Gentle Ben

WTT/FS: King of Fighters '97 $$SOLD$$

Hehehe, thanks for looking despite the title. I bought a 4 slot cab that had several titles I was in search of (really just for the carts, monitor, and mobo). It came with a beat up gamers condition cart of KoF 97...and I already have that. Soooo...if anyone is looking for this cart, I'm...
  19. Gentle Ben

Advice on shmup PCBs

Hi all...I've been wanting to get some cool stand alone shooter pcbs to play in my cabs. My favorite shooters of all time are the gradius series, but those apparently are really top dollar. Question is: are there any fun or amazing shooters available as an arcade board OTHER than say, Gigawing...
  20. Gentle Ben

Why all the MS4 hate?

I just played through it, and although CHRIST it's the most frustrating game I've played in a long time....it was still fun. What's up with everybody saying it sucks? Hoping for a reasonable discussion, although if you REALLY want to tear into each other I guess that'll be entertaining, too. :D