Search results

1. Gentle Ben

Just paid my own salary (mostly)

I took over the North American IT department of a company based out of New Zealand recently. Of all the things they handed off to me, the one I wasn't looking forward to the most was the Verizon Wireless account. Last month I broke down and went through all of the lines. I found: A few lines...
  2. Gentle Ben

Post Your Recent Purchases!

The Lynx on the left I already had, but it has a terrible screen. The right hand one is in much better shape. Will probably keep the older one for backup/parts. I always wanted the carbon fiber looking NGPC, so was psyched when this lot came with one. NGPC was a really good system, but tried...
  3. Gentle Ben

How about a laugh for a change???

https://twitter.com/KeatonPatti/status/1039889888961880064
  4. Gentle Ben

NES Sharp TV combo

I have never even SEEN one of these before. Heard about them, but kinda wish I hadn't spent all my vidya game munny this month. https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/244018832979044/
  5. Gentle Ben

My pathetic NG collection - please mock!

Genesis, 32X and Sega CD. Genesis is my number 1, though. Nuts. I wanted to show them at original size for details' sake. Guess this will have to do. Besides, like I said...forgot R-Type on SMS.
  6. Gentle Ben

Defining Shooters (Shmups, if you will)

So the last few days I was looking up shooters for the NES. A couple were listed that confused me, like Gun.Smoke, King's Knight, and Adventures of Dino Riki. I have all 3 of them, and while I've played Gun.Smoke, I have a hard time really thinking of it as a shooter, despite the scrolling...
  7. Gentle Ben

Got these yesterday. Can't wait til the games I got from ggallegos1 get here on Tuesday!!! Thanks for the R-Type games, MrNemoperson!
  8. Gentle Ben

I haven't posted any pickups in quite some time, so here ya go. The last 10 days or so.
  9. Gentle Ben

Sega Genesis cartridge caps

Can anyone tell me if the caps used in genny carts are different depending on titles (I assume this is the case), or do they use a consistent size/type? Found a decent copy of Alisia Dragoon for cheap and it will not play, despite the "Licensed by Sega" screen showing up. Thought I'd try to...
  10. Gentle Ben

Body Piercings and how they affect everyday activities

So, many years ago (like, 2002) I got a Prince Albert. I've had it so long I just take it for granted. However, the ring has a bad habit of causing urine to spray in a fan. I prefer tall urinals because they catch everything anyway...but at home I tend to sit down to pee, ESPECIALLY in the...
  11. Gentle Ben

WTT: Metal Warriors SNES for shmups

Hey there ladies and gents. Got a loose copy of Metal Warriors, and would RATHER have a good shmup or two. Market value ( :thevt: ) is $200 or so, but mine has a tear on the spine part of label, so I don't think it's worth quite that. So I'd LIKE to trade for: SNES - Space Megaforce OR SNES...
  12. Gentle Ben

Looking for recommendations

I suck at shooters. The only ones I've beaten are arcade games that I could just keep feeding quarters into, like Giga Wing. I freakin love em though. Gradius 3 is still one of my all time faves, though I absolutely cannot beat it without a game genie for infinite lives. Got to the final...
  13. Gentle Ben

Devil's Crush - Leader Board

Why would you play on slow...? It just really emphasizes the less-than-perfect ball physics. Anyhoo... Here ya go, Dogg. Told ya I was comin' for ya!
  14. Gentle Ben

Not a high score, per se, just having a bit of fun...
  15. Gentle Ben

Went shopping in local thrift/antique and game stores today:
  16. Gentle Ben

Comin' for ya, dogg...
  17. Gentle Ben

Post your fav VG-Music thread

He moved to Singapore. He works for Universal Studios, plays The Scorpion King in the stage play of The Mummy. Went by JazzyNYC on here.
  18. Gentle Ben

Damn, Dogg! Nice run! I wasn't having that great a night...of course, I was pretty high. Anyway, I did have some fun with the score names...
  19. Gentle Ben

Moving toward digital distribution

The more gaming moves towards digital distribution, the less interested in it I become. To me, gaming was not always JUST about the games, it had a tactile facet to it. Putting a cartridge into a console, having a game in your hands...I miss that. When you purchase a license to download a...
  20. Gentle Ben

Ordered a boxed copy of Clay Fighter 63 1/3, cheap...and this was in it: