It can be dangerous to be black and a legal gun owner in America

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
He wasn't murdered by the dumb cop because he was black.

That was and is my main issue with the premise of LoneSage's thread framing. It attempts to make it an us vs. them, white vs. black problem.

He was murdered by the cop because he wasn't a cop. He would have been killed just the same if it was a white guy holding a gun as they break into the wrong apartment because 'they got a call'.

It is an us vs. them problem, but the us is the people and the them is the state.

Maybe I’m dumb but Ive always viewed this thread as your latter suggestion where it is an US vs Them thread of People vs the State.

Anyway, don’t get shot by the cops and for sure don’t talk to them. lol.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member

In case you need to see a guy get murdered. This one should qualify for a second degree murder charge or whatever is Florida's equivalent.

Don't open your door for cops. They can come back with a warrant and if they have a warrant they aren't going to wait for you to open the door.

Cops need to see more guns. Maybe if they start to feel outgunned they'll actually learn some de-escalation strategies. Maybe not, this servant made sure he's going home to his family tonight and that's all he cares about.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Sorry, I don’t speak meme.

What does this mean?
Militarization and not de-escalation already happened as a response to seeing more guns, plus it’s Daryl Gates in the title which ties back to the thread’s theme. :keke:

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
I had to look Daryl Gates up.

Seems a like a “cool” guy.

While there is probably a need for SWAT teams we have every cop out there LARPing like they are one.

lol DARE lol