NBA Season 23/24

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Lakers getting gentlemen swept.

Suns got swept as I predicted. That team didn't deserve to win the first round. A discombobulated mess created by an impulsive, unwise owner with good intentions.

Vogel is toast.

God knows what they're going do this offseason.

Tw3ek

69Vapelord420
10 Year Member
Suns got swept as I predicted. That team didn't deserve to win the first round. A discombobulated mess created by an impulsive, unwise owner with good intentions.

Vogel is toast.

God knows what they're going do this offseason.

What moves can they even make outside of a coaching change? That Beal contract is a fuckin anchor

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
What moves can they even make outside of a coaching change? That Beal contract is a fuckin anchor
Their only options are to run it back with a slightly older version of the same shit team or trade Booker and Durant. Nobody else on their roster has any trade value and they can't trade anymore 1st round picks unless they get one back in return.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
Their only options are to run it back with a slightly older version of the same shit team or trade Booker and Durant. Nobody else on their roster has any trade value and they can't trade anymore 1st round picks unless they get one back in return.
beal and cash for jokic

famicommander

15 Year Member
beal and cash for jokic
The Suns will be over the 2nd apron and therefore not allowed to use cash in trades. It's as close as you can get to a hard salary cap without actually biting the bullet and instituting a hard salary cap.

Also Beal has a no trade clause. It's an unmovable contract in more ways than one.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
The Suns will be over the 2nd apron and therefore not allowed to use cash in trades. It's as close as you can get to a hard salary cap without actually biting the bullet and instituting a hard salary cap.

Also Beal has a no trade clause. It's an unmovable contract in more ways than one.
fine. you forced my hand. three team trade. beal to wizards. mpj and Murray to suns. Denver gets Poole and kuzma.

sr20det510

Whip's Subordinate
Murray with a 🗡 to put the Lakers away.

Lakers weren't aggressive rebounding at the end and Denver took advantage of second chances.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Despite his statline I thought that was a pretty weak overall game from Joker. Great fourth quarter though.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
lol Death, Taxes and Porzingis lower leg injuries.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Lakers once again shot 3X the free throws of the Nugs tonight. 0 FTA for Jokic.

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
some Lakers fans think this should've been a defensive foul

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-04-30 12.45.38 AM.png
    Screenshot 2024-04-30 12.45.38 AM.png
    133.1 KB · Views: 7

famicommander

15 Year Member
some Lakers fans think this should've been a defensive foul
Joker and Murray: 0 free throw attempts on 49 field goal attempts

Murray shot 1 free throw on a defensive 3 second violation

Lakers fans never, ever get to complain about the refs. If they get screwed the next 500 games in a row they'll still be way ahead.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
If the Clippers go down to the Mavs we can officially call time on the old guard of the NBA...

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
If the Clippers go down to the Mavs we can officially call time on the old guard of the NBA...
I think it was KG that recently said that there aren't any elder statesmen left in the NBA that the current generation are willing to listen to. It's created a gap in the changes to the game that, in 50 years, will seem a lot more obvious than it is right now.

I've only been a filthy casual as it regards the NBA for the last decade. I watched pretty faithfully up through the Derrick Rose Bulls era and felt that when that team began its decline, so did my interest in the league.

But the curious case of Lebron James has given me morbid interest and watching Jokic destroy his hopes and dreams over and over has become must watch TV for me.

Guess Lebron should have drafted him sooner in that all star thing. Somehow, I don't think Joker's ever let that go. That kind of long standing ire feels like 'real' sports to me. It's the kind of thing MJ would have done.

Last edited:

Fygee

20 Year Member
Great job Nugs. The refs did their absolute best to try to extend the series, but you still won.

As for the Suns, yeah, that whole team is an albatross now. Signing Beal to mega bucks with a no-trade clause was an absolutely colossal mistake, almost as bad as trading Durant for Bridges and Johnson with a slew of pics.

They can try to trade Durant, but I doubt that'll happen. Booker should and will be completely off of the table, not unless Ishiba wants Phoenix to burn down the arena. A new coach is a given, but that won't fix everything. They need a solid floor general style PG, and I'm hoping the Warriors waive Paul so they can sign him back to a vet minimum. Even if he's just there to bench warm, his presence will make a huge different this team. Beyond that, they'll have to settle for a regressing almost-star like Lonzo Ball, or a young player with potential on the cheap.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
Are what passes for this generation's elder statesmen even worth the effort anymore?

None of them seem to be able to push their teams to meaningful victories.

It's almost like the league told them they could all be the next MJ but then enabled them to demand mean fans be kicked out of arenas.

What happened to this league? Is it just me? I know I'm old but damn this generation seems soft.

Fygee

20 Year Member
It is a softer league, no doubt about it, both on and off the court.

That said, some of those fans deserved it. They crossed the line by using racial insults or just otherwise went way too fucking far.

Taiso

Remembers The North
20 Year Member
It is a softer league, no doubt about it, both on and off the court.

That said, some of those fans deserved it. They crossed the line by using racial insults or just otherwise went way too fucking far.
The only ones I know about are the ones where fans called KD and Lebron 'bitch.'

Maybe I just agree with that assessment and the players should prove them wrong on the court.

If actual racist slurs were hurled at the players, then those people should definitely be removed. It's not good.