What are you drinking at the moment?

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
I don't think the miniscule variation in lager taste is worth the bother of shipping any of it internationally.

Bring me the hate.

StevenK

10 Year Member
Like almost everything, international or domestic, it's brewed right here :keke:
Yeah I'm fine with that, I was probably thinking more of the Kenyan lager.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
It's a bit like all the micro brews around, how can they be that much different when it's just lager anyway? The markets a joke. Maybe back when there were fewer brands and/or less global distribution one might have only encountered these lagers when on holiday, adding to the effect of it being special or more different than it actually is.

At the end of the day a crisp, cold, hard earned thirst is all you fuckin bloody need.

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member
Sorry, I didn’t hit up a proper liquor store. This was more of a joke.

I thought that was more of a West African thing.

Very possible, my African geography is absolute shit, I see on the wiki page for it it lists maybe a dozen countries where it is brewed. Kenya is not one of them.

Lagduf

2>X
20 Year Member
Drinking a 25oz can of Stella Artois at the moment.

Apparently they brew this in the USA (Goob-SA) now and if that’s the case why the weird size can?

Whatevs.

StevenK

10 Year Member
Temperature is probably more important than the brewery.

Cold bad beer > warm good beer
All you're really noticing there is that the colder something gets the less it tastes of anything. Lager is served ice cold to literally make the unpleasant flavour it actually has, go away. This is why real ale drinkers, which is served at room temperature, are the pickiest, snobbiest and most boring drinkers outside of wine drinkers - because they have to actually taste it, so it better be nice.

It's why soft serve ice cream has significantly lower sugar content than normal ice cream - it's served at a higher temperature so it tastes sweeter without having to add more sugar.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
All you're really noticing there is that the colder something gets the less it tastes of anything. Lager is served ice cold to literally make the unpleasant flavour it actually has, go away. This is why real ale drinkers, which is served at room temperature, are the pickiest, snobbiest and most boring drinkers outside of wine drinkers - because they have to actually taste it, so it better be nice.

It's why soft serve ice cream has significantly lower sugar content than normal ice cream - it's served at a higher temperature so it tastes sweeter without having to add more sugar.
Nothing quite tastes like pure masculinity other than the worst beer left out to warm up. Well except maybe cum.