Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
To those that think this doesn't look good, where do you stand on SF5 and SF6?

I think all modern fighters look bad. SF6 especially looks like ass IMO. But I'm not the target audience at all. I'm sure I just don't get it.
SF6 looks considerably less shittier than five with its weird faces and hamhands. SF6 problem is the whole cringy ghetto hip hop thing they got going on, shit's embarassing.

whatever, I'm on Tekken 8 anyway.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
[QUOTE="Dr Shroo]SF6 problem is the whole cringy ghetto hip hop thing they got going on, shit's embarassing.
[/QUOTE]
Third Strike.

Fenugreek

n00b
Plus it seems pretty unlikely AOF would get its own official separate game.
Oda actually confirmed they started work on a new AoF (Fist of Dragon and Tiger) in December.
1710858603969.png

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Oda actually confirmed they started work on a new AoF (Fist of Dragon and Tiger) in December.
View attachment 72799
That's big if true.

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
I could see SNK using AOF as a test ground for one of their non-fighting game projects. While AOF is a very unique series (especially AOF3 which plays more like a 3D fighter), I don't know if it would make a good modern fighting game that could be supported long-term over multiple seasons?

At the same time, AOF already has a great set up for an open world style game if done correctly. As it more or less establishes the SNK cannon (sans KOF), it would be a great jumping on point to the LB/AOF/FF/SR universe while the current and future Fatal Fury games would be the fighting game that ties the universe together.

I'm speculating and dreaming big here, lol. Who knows what will happen. 🤷‍♂️ All's I can say is that I think a new AOF has a good chance of *not* being a fighting game.

b-blanco

Cheng's Errand Boy
10 Year Member
It’s just amazing how the supposed followup to one of the gold standards of 2D sprite animation is this samey-looking 3D crap.

Also I’m down for a Muay Thai girl but that hair is fucking stupid.
Yeah kinda meh when I saw it was 3d this era could make for beautiful sprite work this just looks lazy and phoned in.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
The first impressions from the mainstream seem solid, which may bode well for the exposure of this title.

The writer notes that the visuals are not KOFXIII and that no game ever likely will be again, but that there has been a lot of love and attention put into the graphics, presentation, backgrounds, and details for longtime fans.

Most importantly, the video goes into the new offensive and defensive systems and mechanics. It’s not exhaustive, but it is a good extended look into what’s under the hood in terms of gameplay:

Last edited:

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
The first impressions from the mainstream seem solid, which may bode well for the exposure of this title.

The writer notes that the visuals are not KOFXIII and that no game ever likely will be again, but that there has been a lot of love and attention put into the graphics, presentation, backgrounds, and details for longtime fans.

Most importantly, the video goes into the new offensive and defensive systems and mechanics. It’s not exhaustive, but it is a good extended look into what’s under the hood in terms of gameplay:

Justin Wong and Maximillian both got to play it, and their overviews were very informative as well - they went pretty in depth and showed stock footage from SNK but also from their hands on. Once I wrapped my head around what they were doing with the Rev system, I dig it.

Also, it was great to see actual matches and how the game moves moment to moment rather than a bunch of money shots for a trailer - which honestly doesn't do the game justice. After watching it a while, I actually like the visual style. Needs a bit of work still, but it reminds me of the bombast of the RB games. I do like the little details, like the arcade in the back of the stage with all the Big Red cabs. Clever use of the Neo Geo logo in spots.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I haven't bought a console in so long. What PS are we up to now? 5? As much as I'm interested in any Fatal Fury, it's hard to imagine once again buying a console for one game at this point in my life.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I noticed the heavy line work on the character outlines are most probably inspired by the artwork in neo geo black and white manuals.

I'm happy they are making these games, definetly, but... these games stopped being pretty and inspired well before the Neo died.

These outputs as well as the Capcom games play with the urban vibe but it's all so sterile, formulaic, coated in street trend managed by corporations for mass consumption.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I haven't bought a console in so long. What PS are we up to now? 5? As much as I'm interested in any Fatal Fury, it's hard to imagine once again buying a console for one game at this point in my life.
Chances are high this will also get released on Steam & GoG so you won't have to buy a console to play it.

NeoSeeD

n00b
Graphically, the game looks good. It's nice that Rock and Terry have a moment to shine again.