Fatal Fury: City of the Wolves

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Amazing.
Did you watch the 2023 KoF finals?
Another trailer was also shown with a brand new character.
I didn't catch her name but very colourful with some of Joe's moves.

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
Looks ok to me. Interested to see more.

Geez, just thinking about how much my life has changed since motw came out... This has been a very long time coming.

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
Another trailer with a bunch of characters shown, including tizoc (not dinosaur)

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
So pretty much much what most of us thought it would be, just a new FF made using the KOF engine. Not terrible looking as far as it being FFish but man those english voices are awful.

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
I don't like it, looks very Platinum games-like. Travis Touchdown would not look out of place in this.
It comes down to this - honestly, is it on par with the older FF games?
Garou has always been so beautiful, it really is a shame to me that they can't reach that bar. Doesn't even have to be pixel art anymore in my opinion, just tasteful and ambitious

I think the track that plays throughout the trailer is superb though. SNK hardly ever fails on that front.

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Yeah, those JP voices are way the hell better.

Didn't love the look in the earlier trailer, but the JP va trailer is doing more for me. I'm looking forward to playing it

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
It'll be interesting to see the full roster reveal and most likely a fair amount later in DLC. MOTW was pretty out there compared to the earlier games, not only were there a bunch of weird new characters but the roster was pretty small. There are quite a few characters between all the FF games, I really hope they don't add too many weird new characters as SNK's character design isn't what it used to be (to say the least) and a lot of old characters deserve to come back.

I do agree that the graphics are disappointing, though I didn't expect anything else. KOFXV looked pretty dated when it came out and this is going to look incredibly dated a year from now. They desperately need to do something actually modern and less generic, there's zero personality or charm. I know we'll never get something that looks like KOFXIII again but I don't understand why they don't just copy Arcsys or something similar.

I'm sure this will play well though, KOFXV plays very well and I did get a very FF vibe from the trailers.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Yeah there was some weird jittery seizure shit going on in that trailer. Also not sure that I get the comic book-y graphical flare when they perform SDMs. Other than that, it looks totally fine if unremarkable. KoF XV was pretty good once you got past all of the Zetas of the world whining about it not being 2D.

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
Looks ugly as f. They took the already crappy kof xv assets and put some weird shader on it. If the matchmaking is ass, this will flop. kof xv's matchmaking was pure trash and it chased many people away. snk can't afford to screw this up too, but I am not holding my hopes up. snk is a clueless company.

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Watching the trailers a couple more times I started to really notice a lot more detail in the character models and animations. There's definitely a dynamic illustrative style that's not immediately apparent. It definitely still has that KOFXV look but this is a noticeable improvement.

Average Joe

Be water, my friend.
20 Year Member
I think it looks great.

I'm not entirely sold on the new aesthetic SNK is going with on their visuals, but this had a lot of little touches that made it look a bit "comic booky" and I really dug it.

Also looks fast as hell and definitely a bit different than their latest KOF offerings.