How long will this amiibo craze last?

Tanooki

War Room Troll
That's some amusing conspiracy theory BS. I could see that as possible.

Seriously look at the Nintendo Direct from the 1st. If that wasn't a big fuck you to the WiiU totally throwing it under the bus I can't think of something much better Nintendo at least would do. Someone else might be more blunt and just write 'WII U OTHER THAN ZELDA IS DEAD' but that wouldn't help them sell a few hundred a week still. ;) The fact they have been peeling off games like Hyrule Warriors, and now Mario Maker and so on from that zombie of a console to the 3DS says a lot.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
That's some amusing conspiracy theory BS. I could see that as possible.

Seriously look at the Nintendo Direct from the 1st. If that wasn't a big fuck you to the WiiU totally throwing it under the bus I can't think of something much better Nintendo at least would do. Someone else might be more blunt and just write 'WII U OTHER THAN ZELDA IS DEAD' but that wouldn't help them sell a few hundred a week still. ;) The fact they have been peeling off games like Hyrule Warriors, and now Mario Maker and so on from that zombie of a console to the 3DS says a lot.

Don't forget Yoshi's Wolly World's 3DS port.

Wondering when we'll see Splatoon make it's reappearance. Probably saving that for the NX.

-SD-

Camel Slug
I'm surprised Captain Toad hasn't made the transition to 3DS. I really hope it does see a sequel of some form, I really enjoyed it.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I didn't forget, just didn't mention it. I could see buying both of them though to have something fun to do with the 3DS again other than reliving old DS titles I'm slowly scooping up.

Captain Toad I never got a crack at, sold the WiiU around the MK8 time when it looked like more of the same mario party on wheels bullshit thrown even further into the online first mentality. I could only hope they shovel out that Starfox game as it would be better off on 3DS.

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
I could only hope they shovel out that Starfox game as it would be better off on 3DS.

Did you play the Wii U original? Without a complete control retooling and possibly a rebalancing to compensate for the different controls, it wouldn't be better off on the 3DS. It would be great if Nintendo released an "oops, we're sorry" patch for the Wii U version, though.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Nope. WiiU I saw the writing on the wall and sold it before Mario Kart 8 came out or just after. I saw Xenoblade and Starfox being the last 2 things I'd probably buy. I realized the first was too long for a normal person with an actual life, and the other had a shit awful control and camera setup with forced mechanics so I didn't feel bad about either. That said I figured what you said, a retooling of it, then throw it on 3DS so people could finally enjoy it. The assets are there, sure it would be some work, but extremely less money and time than making a new title given most people haven't played that star fox anyway since WiiU went into the toilet by their own hand of numerous stupid decisions.

I really feel ANYTHING 1st party on the WiiU even if it's needing some re-tooling needs a 3DS release. They're not dumping the thing, so why not support it with existing good games people have no access too as they're not dumb enough to buy a dead console.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Nope. WiiU I saw the writing on the wall and sold it before Mario Kart 8 came out or just after. I saw Xenoblade and Starfox being the last 2 things I'd probably buy. I realized the first was too long for a normal person with an actual life, and the other had a shit awful control and camera setup with forced mechanics so I didn't feel bad about either. That said I figured what you said, a retooling of it, then throw it on 3DS so people could finally enjoy it. The assets are there, sure it would be some work, but extremely less money and time than making a new title given most people haven't played that star fox anyway since WiiU went into the toilet by their own hand of numerous stupid decisions.

I really feel ANYTHING 1st party on the WiiU even if it's needing some re-tooling needs a 3DS release. They're not dumping the thing, so why not support it with existing good games people have no access too as they're not dumb enough to buy a dead console.

Then you missed out on some fantastic games.
We all saw the writing on the wall for the WiiU. That doesnt mean there are great games to be had.

There were some not-so-close ng.com tournaments in Mario Kart 8.

Karou

Gandalf Of Gibberish,
10 Year Member
I had a Bowser I broke it to display better and lost the tiny hockey puck of functioning

Last edited:

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Saw a guy on a local FB group selling a cardboard Amiibo display stand for $250...

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
Saw a guy on a local FB group selling a cardboard Amiibo display stand for $250...
6rg2b333vvl61.jpg