100,000+1 posts of your dinner

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Now that’s what I’m talking about. Nice fresh bread and what looks like a pretty stacked sandwich. Would have like to see the cut away but it still looks damn good.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I'm going to give a pan pizza a try next time, found some recipes, really tempting. Has anyone of you made some yet?

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
Now that’s what I’m talking about. Nice fresh bread and what looks like a pretty stacked sandwich. Would have like to see the cut away but it still looks damn good.
Tbh it wasn't super stuffed with meat like a lot of American subs are. I could have done with more prosciutto. However this was hand made by a genuine Italian man who holds some kind of license from the Italian government for sandwich making, so I'll trust that the ratios in the sandwich are for the best... It was still good.

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
Is that sliced mozzarella on top?

That soft, wet mozzarella you get jiggling around in a bag like a bollock tastes of almost nothing. I really don't understand how it's so nice.
Sliced mozzarella, tomato, Basil, olive oil, and prosciutto di parma.

The sliced non melted mozzarella is a subtle taste, but that's for the best, it would be easy to overpower the flavor of the prosciutto if you had a cheese with a stronger taste.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Watched some yt vids and it doesn't look too complicated, gonna try it this weekend. I'm going to start with a Margherita style and see how it goes from there.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
That bread, and you even got the cut away view this time. Some sort of Italian sub there? Looks damn good whatever it is.

sirlynxalot

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Fagit of the Year
That bread, and you even got the cut away view this time. Some sort of Italian sub there? Looks damn good whatever it is.
Yep, Italian sub. You can see its not stuffed with meat, but the ingredients are all good quality and execution is good.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
IMG_1089.jpeg
Shit on a Shingle, spruced up: homemade sourdough, and Kennet Square mushroom gravy in lieu of chipped beef.

The meal on a tree slab for a plate, is the breakfast sampler.

Both of these are from The Stone Barn, @Ralfakick. Worth a look next time you are in the neighborhood.
IMG_1088.jpeg

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
IMG_1402.jpeg

InstaPot Shrimp Biryani. Once all the prep is done, the actual cooking is 3 minutes. This is a new-to-me recipe, and it turned out great.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Yeah it's crispy chilli oil
I like to burn my face off