Contra Operation Galuga

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Seems like they didn't get the memo that you don't do a demo these days unless you're very confident in the quality of your product.
Imagine if they still had to print physical discs I can’t imagine what stage games were in that playable demos were put together at the time compared to some of the broken releases today. From what I remember a lot of the demos were for games that were out already, and they had like videos for games that were coming soon. I wasn’t too into demos though even though I had access to the Xbox and Dreamcast magazine demos at the time

Last edited:

Pretty Amy

Loyal Neo-Disciple
10 Year Member
I played the demo yesterday, whoever was in charge of this game at WayForward doesn't seem to understand what the original Contra games are about. I don't care about the scenario, I don't want dialogues taking over during gameplay, especially when we already have to deal with subpar sound effects and boring symphonic music. It's not a movie, it's a Contra game. Contra games are about blowing shit up non stop, not sharing thoughts. This demo was boring. If the whole game is like that, it's going to be a hard pass for me. Do yourself a favor and get Super Cyborg instead.

Agreed. The visuals are so messy. It's hard to see everything that's happening during the 2nd boss fight. The music was extremely underwhelming.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
This game remember me chinese arcade release I have played ~ 10 years ago : Contra Evolution.
Strange to see, but fun for playing.