100,000+1 posts of your dinner

Stinky-Dinkins

Let Her Cook
15 Year Member
I made some stovetop mac and cheese as a side tonight and for the first time used sodium citrate as the emulsifier (or whatever the fuck the term is to make the sauce thick and creamy). Didn't get a pic though because then I would be acting really fucking weird, suddenly taking pics of our dinner especially tonight. It really worked like crazy to make the sauce very creamy, and it was insanely braindead easy to use (roux can be temperamental and took me a long time to get right). I had never used it before at all in anything, I just always made a regular roux for years when making cheese sauces. Something about it just rubs me the wrong way though, I think it's the name itself. I know it's just a regular chemical like table salt but I feel like I'm using some crazy nuclear substance.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Crazy thing, I actually annotate my pictures a lot. Nope. Not this time.

First pic is dumplings. Second pic (why is it blurry? oh well) is the lunch on the first day of Chinese New Year. Third pic is we went to family in the village and one of them made that lunch. Fourth picture is more fucking dumplings, which are great but man.

Chinese New Year eat dumplings for good luck and fortune in the year to come. Same for fish, it symbolizes getting wealthier in the coming year.

Every meal drink Chinese liquor (baijiu) which is either 38%, 42% or 52% alcohol.

I'll say this much, Chinese cooking is really labor intensive. And fuck me no dishwasher. I guess I'm a dishwasher now. Washing all the dishes and pots and pans after each meal takes longer than eating.

Stinky-Dinkins

Let Her Cook
15 Year Member
Been at the in-laws for 14 days now for Chinese New Year. The main activity is eating to excess and then sleeping. Wash, rinse, repeat.

My bad if pics are too big and load slowly.

First of all, I've had more than a few. Second, that is fucking impressive. Makes my mouth fucking water man. That looks crazy delicious. That's a fucking feast right there, Thanksgiving on steroids. Jesus Mother Mary, that's a spread man.

racecar

Yuri's Aerobics Instructor
20 Year Member
All done by one woman, every lunch and dinner for the past two weeks. Fucking wild innit. And completely normal in China.
Yeah all the work is done by the women’s … Chinese new year it like 7-10 days of parties consist of mostly eating, drinking and gambling with friends and families.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Lots of meat not necessarily the first thing I would think of when it comes to Chinese food.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Broiled sheet pan asparagus, tomatoes, and shrimp.
Tossed with olive oil/salt/pepper. Combined with buttered angel hair.

The roasted grape tomatoes burst under the weight of a fork, and stir together into a great sauce.
IMG_0848.jpeg
IMG_0849.jpeg

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Cherry tomatoes and sheet pan all up in my life; trying a new one tonight:
IMG_0926.jpeg
IMG_0925.jpeg

Finished producto, posting soon.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Now that's some serious shit, wata.

Thanks Tak!

I can’t take hardly any credit for it, when the toughest part was chopping the onions, lol.

Sheet pan roasting is my new go-to for quick meals, without buying take away.
IMG_0932.jpeg

Last edited: