Garou Mark the Wolves Vs Street fighter 3

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
I guess I'm not keeping up. I thought people generally liked Capcom vs SNK 2.
Competitively, it's still much loved and played. Same with Marvel 2 from the same Naomi era. I never jumped on either band wagon, though - then or now. I wasn't a huge fan of Capcom fighters in the post SF3 era until SF4. Played lots of VF and Tekken in the early aughts.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Marvel 2 is way to hectic for me, I just can't seem to keep up.
Same with marvel 3.
MvC 1 was the last of that series I played a lot of.
CvS 2 is solid, a bit stiff feeling but still enjoyable.

EVIL NICK

ALL CAPS,
20 Year Member
If we compare SFIII against MOTW ( or even 2nd Impact ), then MOTW for sure.

Capcom got to basically revamp the entire game for TS, their third try resulted in a 2D fighter that is still a popular tournament choice.

I would rank them as follows:

TS > MOTW > 2I > SFIII

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Marvel 2 is way to hectic for me, I just can't seem to keep up.
Same with marvel 3.
MvC 1 was the last of that series I played a lot of.
CvS 2 is solid, a bit stiff feeling but still enjoyable.
MvC2 is hectic, 3 is ugly.

I was never wild about the CvS games, although they tower over the disappontment that was SvC.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I'm more of an alpha 2 or Super SF II turbo guy in terms of street fighter.

3rd strike is to campy for my taste.

If it's SF III vs MOTW, it's an ez win for SNK's MOTW
Fucking noobs
Noobs, everywhere

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
MvC2 is hectic, 3 is ugly.

I was never wild about the CvS games, although they tower over the disappontment that was SvC.
I think the problem with CvS is Capcom having to rachet down the "coolness" factor of SNKs character to be in line with their own.
SvCs problem (other than roster) is SNK needing money quickly and instead of taking their time they sharted out something passable.
MvC3 is kinda ugly now that you mention it, like something AI would produce of you attempted to explain the game to it.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
SvCs problem (other than roster) is SNK needing money quickly and instead of taking their time they sharted out something passable.
Yeah, SNK as we knew it didn't exist anymore. They didn't have the staff or resources. Imagine the decent character models from SvC given to a more talented team of developers who could make the gameplay and presentation really shine. Neo Geo Battle Coliseum was already a pretty decent improvement a few years later.

Trevor spencer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
15 Year Member
I'm a big street fighter fan but have always liked Garou more than SF3 TS , I've also enjoyed playing Garou on fightcade more than TS as I find the people playing usually more pleasant.

Fenugreek

n00b
I love a lot of Capcom fighters like SF2 series, Alpha series, CvS games, etc, but SF3 is fucking gay. Don't get the amount of love for it here at all. All the new characters outside of Makoto and Urien suck, parry sucks, and above all it's just not fun to play.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
I love a lot of Capcom fighters like SF2 series, Alpha series, CvS games, etc, but SF3 is fucking gay. Don't get the amount of love for it here at all. All the new characters outside of Makoto and Urien suck, parry sucks, and above all it's just not fun to play.
.. there's the door

Archdesigner03

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
3rd strike for sure. More interesting characters, deeper gameplay but that results in a high learning curve. Motw is fun with high learning curve but lacks interesting characters.