Vengeance Hunters (Beat 'em Up) for the Neo Geo

promking

Armored Scrum Object
Preorder. The creators say the game is about 80% complete and expect to ship around May of next year. I'll hold out for a digital release.
That’s exactly what I’m doing.
I want it but I don’t want another game that I preorder, and have to wait 5 years for it to come.

Pinball

Kula's Candy
That’s exactly what I’m doing.
I want it but I don’t want another game that I preorder, and have to wait 5 years for it to come.
Same here. I'm not pre-ordering. I have every NG:Dev game. Imagine the amount of goobtastic masochism and time that required? Never again. 'Magic Girl' pinball was even worse, but that's another story of goobstravagance.

segasonicfan

Camel Slug

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
no pre-order for me. I wait Steam version :coffee: :giggle:

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Damn this looks SWEET. The official website says its in stock already...?
View attachment 70816

Trailer is here it seems: https://piped.video/watch?v=XQhK-FCm9MQ

pretty rich for my blood but if I had it to spare Id definitely pick one up. an ungodly amount of time, money, and effort goes into a game like this - so I respect it! maybe prices will come down after / if people buy it. Like when NGDev later did ports and such.
Look at this gooby-ass shelf filling garbage

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Seems it is not running too well, considering the LE with only 100 pieces is still in stock, When I think about how fast the NGDEV stuff always sold out. Maybe people are really slowly a bit fed up with all the newer Neo releases.

promking

Armored Scrum Object
Seems it is not running too well, considering the LE with only 100 pieces is still in stock, When I think about how fast the NGDEV stuff always sold out. Maybe people are really slowly a bit fed up with all the newer Neo releases.
Seems the strategy is now, sell as many preorders as you can, not mark it sold out.

promking

Armored Scrum Object
But it also says there will only be 100 of them.
Yeah I never believe that crap anymore, like with Paprium.
I dunno I really want this game, but I don't want to lay out money for games I won't get for months anymore.
Between Watermellon games, NGDEV, limited run, strictly limited, and Analogue.
I hate giving these companies free loans.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I just viewed the trailer a few times and I'm not getting a Neo Geo vibe here...
This appears to be in the style of that last Turtles game that was released.
If I have the disposable income who knows but I'd be more inclined to grab the rerelease flash cart first.
BB

KGRAMR

Another Striker
Every homebrew dev on the Neo Geo scene really wants to squeeze every ounce of penny from everybody huh? My god... 😬

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member

I think the difference here is a combination of resellers not being interested and the genuine collectors being weary of so many homebrew releases coming out lately. Personally I think the game looks cool but I'm not dropping $500 on anything.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
I think NGDEV got a following because they were the first to pull off original homebrew and they designed their own boards. Personally from what I’ve seen and played I don’t think the retail asking price was worth it for most of their catalog let alone the aftermarket prices.

The problem with a lot of the homebrew is that it’s ported to a slew of other systems at or around the same time and doesn’t offer anything unique or specific to the Neo.

Xeno Crisis is the only homebrew I’ve purchased and while it’s a fun game offers almost nothing over the Mega Drive version. What, a scaling pill sprite when you die and slightly better color depth? Not really worth it for a 4-5x multiplier on cost.

stormy

B. Jenet's Firstmate
10 Year Member
I wasn't that far off with the $599 US dollars comment, oh so long ago. :lolz:

What an absolute spaz this guy is, here's some more gooby autism for your shelf.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
If it's good, and has replayability, I'll buy it. I want more of these games.
I like what I see, but I want to see more before I purchase. I don't crowdfund software titles. They have all been nightmares.

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
One upping pixelheart with the ripoff prices for substandard homebrew
I really don't like the design of the main heroes.
You know,it's alright to copy what works.
Would have loved to see a hulking wrestler like that cowboy in the last KOF,a black karate guy ala Rage of Dragons, a Duke like character from Burning fight and a maki from Final Fight 2 female.
BB

vaillian

King's Dry Cleaner
The issue was always the price point, 100-150€ cartidge only would be no problem for me, but 300+ is just nostalgia laundering.

Last edited:
I really don't like the design of the main heroes.
You know,it's alright to copy what works.
Would have loved to see a hulking wrestler like that cowboy in the last KOF,a black karate guy ala Rage of Dragons, a Duke like character from Burning fight and a maki from Final Fight 2 female.
BB
Yeah, these don't even look like they belong on an older system. A lot of homebrew at least try to emulate the Era it releases on.

prof

A Great Place to Store Your Dildo Collection
Shadow Gangs for Neo Geo also announced a couple days ago, so I'm losing track of everything.

I remember that dude. Goob times.