Recent content by riskVSreward

1. R

Booting my MVS after 10 yrs, need some help

I got my MVS 2slot out of storage recently and I'm having trouble booting up games. I'm hoping this isn't a big issue as it appears to be working for the most part. Every time on boot, it just keeps cycling between the hardware tests/settings and never starts a game. I tried plugging in just 1...
  2. R

FS: TNMT Arcade Machine

http://neworleans.craigslist.org/vgm/3175628587.html Anyone interested?
  3. R

Taito Type X2 Hacked to run on Windows.

I read this on GAF today and was surprised no one posted it here. http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=385813 I've seen this posted at a few forums since, so it seems legit. :(
  4. R

Converting Street Fighter to Hyper Street Fighter, need help

I just got my Hyper Mobo in and switched it into my Street Fighter 1 cab. On the SF1 board, there were two additional molex connections on either side of the main Jamma connection, there are no such connections on the Hyper mobo. I plugged in the main Jamma connection and the cab won't turn on...
  5. R

Help with CPS1 conversion

I've had this SF1 cab (normal CP, not the pressure sensitive pads) for awhile now, and the game sucks hard. I want to put in CE or Hyper and need some help. Is SF1 JAMMA? I know it isnt CPS. Would I need anything other than a new game board? Finally, do CPS1 games have a suicide battery? Thanks.
  6. R

KOF PSP themes

I just whipped up a few themes for my PSP and decided to share. This was the most applicable forum I could think of. Pretty basic, but my favorite of the bunch. I think the screens are a bit too busy, but my friend liked this one so I uploaded it too. I spent awhile on the flame-like...
  7. R

CMVS with Component & playing fighters

I got a friend who may sell me a spare MVS-2F in a few days, since I got a 2F cab already I want to consolize this with all the latest doo-dads. My main concern is about possible input lag if running the Neo through component. Has anyone tested this already? Most games that are intended for CRT...
  8. R

WTB Neo Geo posters/promotional art

I need a few things to put up around my cab, and here is what I'm thinking. KOF 98 roster poster Garou promotional poster Real Bout 2 posters SamSho 2 posters generic Neo/SNK art or wall mount knick knacks I don't mind if they are in Japanese but prefer English. I'm looking to spend no more...
  9. R

Unlcoking Garou bosses on the MVS?

I really want to start dicking around with Kain and Grant. I'm playing on a standard US bios machine, please tell me this can be done!
  10. R

A few simple MVS questions, take a peek.

I have a few general MVS questions. Just so you know I have a 2-slot woody with a standard USA bios. I noticed the first hard dip is "settings mode" and it is off. What does this do? And where exactly are my hard dips? Another thing is my screen is stretched a bit too much and I can't see the...
  11. R

Converting a cabinet into a better cabinet

I just came across a Street Fighter cabinet that can be all mine for the price of free. I thought I might be able to make a tidy profit off of it but SF1 is terrible and worthless. I assume it's in a JAMMA cab, so I want to put a CPS2 motherboard in it and get games worth playing. Are there any...
  12. R

WTB: Gamest Mooks

I'm looking for the Garou and/or Real Bout 2 Gamest mooks. If anyone is willing to sell, PM me the condition (pics if possible) and an asking price. Thanks.
  13. R

Super 8-in-1 carts.

Can anyone disclose the origin of carts such as this? Are these the Neo-Geo equivalent of the x-in-1s for the NES? Should I expect KOF 2005 Special to be KOF 95' and King of Gladiator to be Art of Fighting with a Russell Crowe palette swap? I have a kind of perverse interest in these types of...
  14. R

What type of stick do you prefer for fighters?

I got some Happ comp sticks on my MVS, but I like my 360 Hori stick much better. I like the short balltop that you hold like a wine glass, I like that it feels a lot looser than most sticks. I'm on the fence about the square gate, I like it better than the fluid 360 motion of the Happ, but I...
  15. R

What do I need to buy when a button stops working?

I was just about to buy some sticks when my room mate told me the "Select Game" button stopped working. Do I just need a cherry microswitch or could it be something else?