Recent content by keilmillerjr

1. K

mvscomplete - MAME and AttractMode Layout

Added SoundFX and updated instructions. Also created a plugin to create a fade in and out of emulators. See layout readme.
  2. K

Update provides scan lines in correct orientation. Be sure to update shader module. It defaults to horizontal scan line orientation. I will soon update the flavors layout to choose the correct scan line orientation based on front end orientation.
  3. K

Layout update and pushed to github. Made a video of my current setup. Since, I removed the loading cursor and the shutdown warning. The only thing you see when booting or shutdown now is a brief second of command line window for attract mode. I just have service buttons and sound to wire up...
  4. K

Revised layout to be more 4-slot段sh! Slot artwork has a shader applied to make round corners.
  5. K

mvscomplete is a layout for the AttractMode front end. It is designed as a better option than a 161-in-1 multicart for the neo geo mvs. It is running inside my neo geo mvs using the original k7000 crt arcade monitor. It works well at vga (640x480) and higher 4:3 aspect resolutions. Widescreen...
  6. K

MAME vs HARDWARE

Your not getting a great arcade experience with mame because of your setup. Your using a portable device, with an lcd, and probably not able to run shaders. I am having a very good experience with my neo geo running mame so far. I still need to order molex connectors for the coin door and wire...
  7. K

MAME vs HARDWARE

Neo Geo emulation in mame is supposed to be almost perfect. I would be more worried about making sure the experience goes well. Be sure to use a decent computer and an ssd. Hide the operating system as much as possible. I created a gist about it here if you are using windows 10. A simple front...
  8. K

Stereo Sound Amp

I have an mvs that is being converted to mame (neo geo games only). I already started making a jamma and control harnesses. The mvs utilizes a sound harness with a left positive, right positive, and a shared ground. I've been searching for an amplier that does not require to have two seperate...
  9. K

mvscomplete layout for attract-mode / mame

Not fully satisfied with the 161-in-1 multicart for my neo geo mvs, I have created an attract-mode theme to use as a replacement. The theme is intended to be used as such, displaying on a CRT. More information and download links can be found over at the attract-mode forums. I figured I would...
  10. K

Neo Geo's youngest player?

Neo Geo's youngest player? My daughter can't even read, yet uses the key to open coin door and start it, navigates to her current favorite game on the multicart 161 in 1 (metal slug), coins up and holler's! https://youtu.be/D_9PY5EG47k
  11. K

Casters on my mvs

The mvs-2-25 I purchased came with a set of casters. They are falling off and ruining the wood. They are only held on my t-bolts. Silly. Can anyone recommend a set of different casters to go with?
  12. K

161-in-1 Game Breakdown

Hello. I picked up an mvs-2-25 last weekend. Ordered the 161 in 1 cart from who I thought was a reputable seller. Holland Computers had it shipped to my home in 2 days free shipping! The cart arrived. I inspected the PCB and it appears that the slot connector area is the same width as my puzzle...
  13. K

MVS-2-25 *PROJECT KIWI*

Long time lurker, first time poster. Loved the neo geo for a long time. Started assembling a mame machine based on the neo geo. Had all the parts, designed the cab in sketchup, bought a router, and ended up moving into an apartment with no garage. Love my new place, but making a neo geo based...