Recent content by Katsujinken

1. Katsujinken

Ship of Theseus Paradox in Retro Video Game Collection

Are any of you familiar with the Ship of Theseus Paradox? Basically Theseus had a ship that after so many years of existence eventually needed a plank replaced, then another, and another and so on and so forth. The question then becomes when every piece has been replaced, is it still Theseus'...
  2. Katsujinken

Post Your Recent Purchases!

Just got this from online, allegedly it's a new copy and will I be that guy to open up a (relatively) rare item after managing to remaining MISB for 20 years? Yes, yes I will.
  3. Katsujinken

Storage Solutions

Hello everyone, While AES games come in nice sturdy shells, my console just sits wrapped up in a bin when I put it away. That probably isn't the best idea lol. A lot of my other consoles have padded bags or hard plastic cases that were made to protect them during storage or transport (examples...
  4. Katsujinken

Local Repair Megathread

Many of the threads here talk about various technical issues and how to fix them. It's a great resource but most of us don't have the means to do these ourselves. So I thought it might be a good idea to dedicate a thread on sharing info of where you've found reliable local service for vintage...
  5. Katsujinken

Your Neo Geo and its Travels

Hi everyone, something I like to think about in regards to my vintage collectables is the road that led them to me. My AES was bought from a store which bought it from someone who claimed to have found it in an electronics dump. I don't know if that's true but I'd be glad to know mine was...
  6. Katsujinken

My Story (at long last)

Greetings fellow neo-geo.com forum members. After a bit of time and several posts in other threads I can finally introduce myself. It is truly a pleasure to meet all of you. I'm a console collector from Canada who had long wanted a Neo Geo. Aside from loving games in general, I particularly...