Recent content by Asure

1. A

MV-1 FZ not completing bootup

Got this one with color ram error that i fixed by replacing the ram, but it just sits on a black screen, as if pause dip is set. It goes _thru_ the green screen and does not sit on a calendar error or perhaps it does, but there's no message.. The unit appears to wait for something, which...
  2. A

Blast City MS2930.. HOT burns up, help :)

I hate HV. Still, looking at this for a friend, he needs his vertical cave shooting fix... :) This is a MS2930SE chassis as noted on the tube, with no OSD but everything is done with pots & dips to set it 15/24/31K etc. The horizontal output transistor burned up when he turned it on a day ago...
  3. A

Blue's Journey - no sound

Wondering what can cause this.. 1. Looking at the boards, it seems the M1 rom is wired directly to the cart edge with no logic in between, am i right? 2. Am i correct in thinking, a dead mask rom will cause the z80 not to do much.. So it would not play samples, or music or anything? 3. Any...
  4. A

Repopulating PROGBK1?

I have a very badly broken Pulstar PROGBK1 board which seems to have issues with the PCM chip that are beyond my skill to repair / replace / swap. (The mask roms on it are fine though, i desoldered & dumped them to verify.) I looked at a donor board to replace this one, i have a TWS96 but there...
  5. A

Final Fight B-Board - Use 4x eprom instead of broken mask rom?

So i'm looking at this Final Fight board for a friend of mine, and today i got my TOP3000 in the mail,and i dumped the mask roms to verify. I read the HN62404P (FF32M-8h) as MX27C4100 and this worked fine for all the other mask roms on the board, except the one a 8H.. So i guess it means the...
  6. A

4-Slot GFX error on all slots?

I've repaired a fair bit of stuff in my time, but this 4-slot has me a bit stumped today.. It has a single gfx error on all carts i tried, on all slots. This shows up as a vertical line in all graphics. ('Sprites' seem fine). Here's a pic on the Nazca logo for BTG: I checked both boards...
  7. A

Anybody with Irem M72 board expertise?

So, i've got this Dragon Breed M72 board, and heard that it can take other rom sets. I did a little digging around, and the security PAL's for the games / mobo seem universal for at least these games: Mainboard: M72-8L & M72-9L same for: Air Duel, Mr.Heli/Battle Chopper, Dragon Breed, Hammering...
  8. A

Maintainer(s) wanted @ jamma.nl bootleg :)

Hi Guys, from the first forensic posts i can make out that people would like to be able to submit stuff as well. Although there are already many pics in the gallery, more would always be better. I stopped adding pics of bootlegs since.. well, a long time. I've got job, girl and real life i got...
  9. A

j-gamesnow.com strikes (read:spams) again

Just got spammed again. I still remember someone saying they talked to ryan, and that the previous one was just a one-time mailing, 'the only one you will ever recieve'.. "The JGN Newsletter: By popular demand, JGN will be offering this newsletter to keep people up to date with site changes...
  10. A

Bootleg Gallery up and running again.

I've just put it back online, had some tech problems at the previous host :) http://www.jamma.nl/gallery/ I'm not adding any 'older type' pics soon, the server is in php safe-mode so i can't easily add pics. Besides, there's more than enough examples of classic piracy on my pages allready. I...
  11. A

Neo Driftout.. help?

Is it just me or is it impossible to beat the 7th or 6th stage "britain" ? What are the tricks to this game ? Any experts out there, please reply :)
  12. A

Tech Time: Using dreamcast PSU in MVS/Shadow sys :)

Ok, i looked at the size of these things, they are nice and small.. :) Then i looked at the pinouts: <a href="http://mc.pp.se/dc/psu.html" target="_blank">DC PSU Pinout</a> Then i took my dc apart and noticed it was indeed a nice small PSU. But alas there are no specs on it available...
  13. A

Zonko.nl bootleg pics gallery down..

- The box hosting the pics was my former employees' - They musta figured out there was lots of traffic :) - I don't seem to have a backup :( - I don't know if the gallery was deleted or not. :( What i'm doing is setting up the domain again with a good friend & an oc3. Then i'll point the...
  14. A

2-Slot joystick ports: Need connector

Ok, so i ran off to my local electronics store and got some db-15 connectors.. But.. the connector on mvs mainboard is much do 'deep', the one i bought will not fit all the way in, and is unusable! Where do i get the right connectors ? I remember when i had some pc joysticks that they had a...
  15. A

Neo Bios question

I've owned a 6-slot for a while, and a mini 1 slot. I took a closer look at the bios chips today to see if i could fit a uni-bios in there. Turns out my 6 slot has a snk-eprom SP1 bios in it, and my 1-slot a snk rom with SP2. I remember someone selling this SP2 bios on ebay claiming it allowed...