Street Fighter V Champion Edition

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
So four years later and alot of milking Capcom finally released a full version of SFV?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
So four years later and alot of milking Capcom finally released a full version of SFV?
The only reason I never bought it is for the inevitable release of the complete ultra turbo edition

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
It's still Street Fighter V tho?

Pass.

At least it's not the world's ugliest game in the history of fucking ever like IV.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Chun Li's magnificent thighs resent that comment!

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Laura's thighs aren't bad either.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Meh, I'm over V. I'll wait for 6, if it ever happens. Or perhaps the rumored CvS3... Capcom should really make a new Darkstalkers, but I afraid that they'd butcher it going into 3D.

Lately I've been back to playing 3rd Strike. Still fucking amazing, and it really shows how V is lacking in comparison.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Does Capcom have it in them for Ultra Street Fighter V Champion Edition in six months?

I’d still rather play four it took me a while to warm up to that even, I’ll probably bite though but maybe not initially, I don’t have too much beyond season 1

Last edited:

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Every character included finally without having to buy them. Costumes and rebalancing and other stuff I’m sure as well

Ah, ok. Thanks. I remember Capcom saying they wouldn't do the same incremental thing as IV, so as long as the tweaks are minimal, I guess they're sticking to that.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Ah, ok. Thanks. I remember Capcom saying they wouldn't do the same incremental thing as IV, so as long as the tweaks are minimal, I guess they're sticking to that.

Capcom said they wouldn't FORCE you to buy incremental updates which they did stick to. If you bought the original SF5, you can still technically buy all of the characters that came out since with virtual currency and all of the system upgrades have been free patches. This just gives people the option to get all of the costumes and stages and shit they released without having to grind for virtual currency (and make no mistake, it is a shitty grind).

Still, this is only $30 and has everything so it's a good spot to jump in if you're curious. It's nowhere near ST or 3S but I'd probably take this iteration of the game over SF4.

Something to note: if you buy it on PC, there's an unsanctioned patch that fixes a netcode bug and gives the game some of the best online play of any fighting game. The problem is if you don't have the patch, you're going to get fucked over (and have a bad experience) with anyone who does have it. The fact that Capcom hasn't done anything about it is incredibly frustrating and typical of how they've handled this game from day one. Shit launch, shit DLC rollout, piss-poor communication, installing PC rootkits, making the currency grind worse and worse... an unbelievable shitshow and the perfect example to point to for how NOT to market your game.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Oof gee time to make a new game don't you think? I think we're all over fucking street fighter.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Oof gee time to make a new game don't you think? I think we're all over fucking street fighter.

image.php

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
If you buy this you are basically just fucking stupid.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Someone coulda told me SFIV came out in 2016 instead of SFV and I woulda believed it.

Alpha 2 for life.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Smash Bros Ultimate: 16 million sold
Mortal Kombat X: 11 million sold
Dragon Ball XV2: 5.5 million sold
Tekken 7: 5 million sold

Street Fighter II: 15 million sold
Street Fighter IV: 9.4 million sold
Street Fighter V: 3.9 million sold

Street Fighter got their lunch eaten this generation.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Smash Bros Ultimate: 16 million sold
Mortal Kombat X: 11 million sold
Dragon Ball XV2: 5.5 million sold
Tekken 7: 5 million sold

Street Fighter II: 15 million sold
Street Fighter IV: 9.4 million sold
Street Fighter V: 3.9 million sold

Street Fighter got their lunch eaten this generation.

How did KOF XIV do? I would bet a third of SFV but that would be an educated guess.

famicommander

15 Year Member
How did KOF XIV do? I would bet a third of SFV but that would be an educated guess.

No idea. They didn't announce it as a million seller but they said it did really well for them. It did over 60,000 in Japan so I would guess somewhere between 200-500K worldwide.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
The more I see of SFV the more I miss the graphics of the 2D iterations. That said for the price offered it might be interesting to pick up - if it was out on the XBone I would have considered it a while ago. Perhaps someone will finally manage to build a good living room setup to go all in on the PC master race.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
It just plays so shit.

It looks soooooo shit.

Instead of Crank Yankers, now the gfx look like stop motion Gumby homemade action-figure battles.

If SF 6 doesn’t look like XRD (or hell I’d settle for Rumble Fish gfx...DiMPS is involved,?yeah?)...count me OUT.

BanishingFlatsAC

formerly DZ
15 Year Member
Street Fighter V is actually a really good game. Those who shit talk it simply haven't played it in its current form. It takes Capcom 3-5 tries to get something right and this game is no exception. You just didn't have to buy multiple versions of the game.

Also Smash Bros is an awful game made for booger eaters and folks who don't wash.

famicommander

15 Year Member
Street Fighter V is actually a really good game. Those who shit talk it simply haven't played it in its current form. It takes Capcom 3-5 tries to get something right and this game is no exception. You just didn't have to buy multiple versions of the game.

Also Smash Bros is an awful game made for booger eaters and folks who don't wash.

When Tekken 8 comes out, they're not going to strip away all the features from Tekken 7 and then slowly add them back over the course of several years.

Lots of fighting games do the iteration thing but not when they move from one whole release to the next.

NetherRealm did "ultimate editions" of Mortal Kombat 9, Injustice, Mortal Kombat 10, and Injustice 2. But when vanilla Injustice came out, it was feature-comparable to Ultimate Mortal Kombat 9.

Capcom is the only one that removed basic features from the vanilla release of V. How many years did it take for them to put arcade mode into their 1 on 1 fighting game?