Ok let's do Stallone now

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Rocky 1, First Blood, then everything else. Rocky in particular is a fantastic movie. Fantastically written. Cop Land was good. Creed was fucking fantastic, although I wouldn't call that a Stallone movie much more than I'd call Rocky 2 a Meredith movie. And I've got a soft spot for Judge Dredd, even though it was terrible.

But in terms of dumb fun action movies, I always preferred Arnold over Stallone.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Where's the "Over the top" love?

It's like one of the most 80's movies of all time.

roker

DOOM
20 Year Member
Where's the "Over the top" love?

It's like one of the most 80's movies of all time.

I sing that theme song every now and then with one of my 80s obsessed friends. We can't get over how ridiculous that whole movie is and how the Kenny Loggins theme song nearly saves it.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Rocky 1, First Blood, then everything else. Rocky in particular is a fantastic movie. Fantastically written. Cop Land was good. Creed was fucking fantastic, although I wouldn't call that a Stallone movie much more than I'd call Rocky 2 a Meredith movie. And I've got a soft spot for Judge Dredd, even though it was terrible.

But in terms of dumb fun action movies, I always preferred Arnold over Stallone.

Same here, Arnold was far better.

I'll say that the original Rocky and Rambo were both superb films though, especially Rambo. Like the Snipes thread, can't leave out Demolition Man.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Stallone's performance during Rambo's breakdown in First Blood displays more acting chops than anything Arnold has ever done.

Rocky and First Blood as films are head and shoulders above Arnold's stuff too. Only Terminator 1 and 2 are close.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
We've had the Stallone and Arnold debate before and I remember Arnold coming out on top. Both of them Ruled the 80's and Terminator and Predator are two of my favorite movies ever but from a acting Stand Point, I have to agree with Fami. Rocky and First Blood are excellent.

I predict a Arnold Schwarzenegger thread in the near future.

Last edited:

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Arnold > Stallone

2318_4.jpg

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
Rocky IV is one of Stallone's best, and is the greatest scifi film ever.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Stallone's performance during Rambo's breakdown in First Blood displays more acting chops than anything Arnold has ever done.

Rocky and First Blood as films are head and shoulders above Arnold's stuff too. Only Terminator 1 and 2 are close.

Arnie done Conan, all those hilarious goofy comedies, Predator, Terminator, Total Recall, Running Man.
He is at the top.
But Stallone is too. Just maybe a notch below.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Arnie done Conan, all those hilarious goofy comedies, Predator, Terminator, Total Recall, Running Man.
He is at the top.
But Stallone is too. Just maybe a notch below.

Yea I agree. I wouldn't say one is better than the other. They both were very successful.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Arnie has quantity but, again, nothing he did is on the level of Stallone at his best

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Arnie has quantity but, again, nothing he did is on the level of Stallone at his best

I think Arnold is one of the best in the Action Movie Biz. Conan, Terminator, Twins, Commando, Total Recall, are all unforgettable but he never played a serious role like Stallone did as a Nobody Southpaw Philly Fighter or a Vietnam Vet living with PTSD.

He was a Awesome Cyborg though.

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I browsed through his filmography... he gave Cpl. Weaver his voice in Antz. That's how far I'm willing to go with my appreciation.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
That said, do I think Stallone could do an entire movie in a foreign language? Much less have an entire career of movies not in his native tongue? No, I do not.

Also, Arnie can do comedy, Stallone cannot. Movies like Kindergarten Cop or Twins may not hold up today, but people thought they were funny at the time. STOP, OR MY MOM WILL SHOOT was never thought funny by anyone, anywhere.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
First Blood is one of the greatest movies ever made.
I would say it's the best action film ever made. It follows the tone of the novel closely, which is what makes it good. There's actually a story to it. The novel is quite different to the movie, especially the ending, so it's probably even better if you read the book before seeing the movie. There had to be changes made from the book's story, to make the film more commercially viable.

First Blood > Rambo IV > Rambo: First Blood Part II > Rambo III

Last edited: