Good low budget horror movies discussion

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
Any of ya'll ever saw the 1986 movie "Rawhead Rex". An Irish movie about a demon in Ireland terrorizing the country side. Scared me shitless for so many years as a kid cuz Rawhead Rex looked so damn scary(not anymore but back then he was horrifying to me).

Zeekade Zarathos

Krizalids Fashion Designer
SPINMASTER X:
Any of ya'll ever saw the 1986 movie "Rawhead Rex". An Irish movie about a demon in Ireland terrorizing the country side. Scared me shitless for so many years as a kid cuz Rawhead Rex looked so damn scary(not anymore but back then he was horrifying to me).
Yep. Saw it. Of course, this was AFTER Texas Chainsaw Massacre and Exorcist, so it didn't really frighten me.

Anybody see Carnival of Souls? Thesis? What about Peeping Tom? Braindead is hilariously entertaining, so is Dead Alive.

Low Budget Horror rawks!

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
My mom bought the DVD of the Original 1974 Texas Chainsaw massacre with a few good special features of extended and deleted scenes. I saw it years ago but didn't remember it but once i rewatched it it didn't scare me but it was kinda fucked up, especially that hitchiker dude.

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
When I was a kid, I went to see April Fool's Day with a friend, we were scared shitless till the end, but still, that was a good flick (along with a very very nice boobie shot in the middle of the movie, perfect for us teenage boys! :p

Zeekade Zarathos

Lastblade:
When I was a kid, I went to see April Fool's Day with a friend, we were scared shitless till the end, but still, that was a good flick (along with a very very nice boobie shot in the middle of the movie, perfect for us teenage boys! :p
April Fool's Day is great. It's like the first Scream. It pokes fun at the cliche's while acting as slave to them at the same time. No obligatory nude scenes, though. :( Wait, I'm sadder than that... crying There we go.

Baseley09

Hair Group,
the Dead Next Door RoxOrZ, just too see the finger come out of the zombies throught after biting it off a copper's hand.

its cheap, got awful dialogue and is great :)

Earthquake

SouthTown StreetSweeper
How about the Sleepaway Camp trilogy? Part 2 is easily my favorite cheesy horror film and it has one of the best death scenes off all time. For those who have yet to see it, here's what the scene is about.

'Possible Spoiler'
The killer Angela tricks this snobby b**** into coming deep into the woods where she hangs out and then stabs the snob in the back a few times until she collapses. Angela then forces the girl into this old outhouse head first and proceeds to poke her multiple times with a stick. Before the girl drowns, she can be heard gargling and gasping for air as she tries to come up. When she does this, we can see leaches, feces, and urine all over her head and face.
'End Spoiler'

I suggest picking up the Sleepaway Camp Survival Kit as it's just $27.99. It contains some pretty decent extras such as deleted gore footage for SC3 and commentary for all three films. Besides, the SC1 DVD still runs for about $19.00 by itself. It's cheesy horror movie heaven baby! buttrock

<small>[ February 27, 2003, 09:14 PM: Message edited by: Earthquake ]</small>

SuperDuperSpork

Ninja Combat Warrior
Braindead was great, I love Nightmare on Elm Streetish type movies. Shocker is another good movie like that.

I havent seen rawhead rex yet, but i think it was made by clive barker so i'll have to watch it sometime.

Hmm, i'm trying to think of some good low budget movies that arent dawn of the dead, evil dead ,texas chainsaw massacre, re-animator,dead alive, or any other really famous ones.

How about The Hitcher with Rutger Hauer. Its more of a serial killer movie, but its still horror. There's also the best vampire movie ever Near Dark.Lance Henriksen fucking rules.They Live is awsome but its more of a sci fi.Session9 was ok.

The Convent, now that is a great movie. It has on of the best opening scenes in any recent horror i can think of.

I cant really think of any other kick ass low budget horror that no one has heard of before.

Super Porky

Camel Slug
"Evil Dead" is great but the best is "I Spit on your Grave" That movie is truely repulsive.

steveold

Guerilla Warrior
HALLOWEEN!

THE NIGHT HE CAME HOME!!

:D

Hey Quake -- shit you got a Myers avatar?
Siiiick.

Halloween - greatest horror movie of all time, and certainly the greatest low budget horror film of all TYME! wink

Michael Yagami

I was wondering if I might get a rank with a Castl
Check out "Bad Taste". It was Peter Jackson's first film. Great effects and all done on a shoe string budget. Also check out "Dead Alive".

Mike

Parallax

Ninja Combat Warrior
I can't wait till april to see Rob Zombie's House Of 1,000 Corpes!

Rumor has it that It was turned town by the production company that funded it as they expected Zombie to be making "Nightmare on Elm st." style horror; but he said "I spit on your grave" was a big inspiration on the film.

Check out the previews:
<a href="http://movies.go.com/movies/H/houseof1000corpses_2001/index.html" target="_blank">http://movies.go.com/movies/H/houseof1000corpses_2001/index.html</a>

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Steve:
HALLOWEEN!

THE NIGHT HE CAME HOME!!

Siiiick.

Halloween - greatest horror movie of all time, and certainly the greatest low budget horror film of all TYME! wink
Oh yes..!!!

Michael Yagami

Parallax:

Rumor has it that It was turned town by the production company that funded it as they expected Zombie to be making "Nightmare on Elm st." style horror; but he said "I spit on your grave" was a big inspiration on the film.

Check out the previews:
<a href="http://movies.go.com/movies/H/houseof1000corpses_2001/index.html" target="_blank">http://movies.go.com/movies/H/houseof1000corpses_2001/index.html</a>
I've been tracking that damn movie for years! I didn't think it was ever going to come out. April 11, 2003, the day of 1,000 corpses.

Mike

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
"Rawhead Rex". Hmmm,I gotta check that out.

Most of the actors in these movies go to,
<a href="http://www.chillertheatre.com" target="_blank">http://www.chillertheatre.com</a>

Parallax

Ninja Combat Warrior
Michael Yagami:
Parallax:
I've been tracking that damn movie for years! I didn't think it was ever going to come out.
I think thak filcks gonna rock it's a bout time Horror went back to it's roots.

Zeekade Zarathos

Parallax:
Michael Yagami:
Parallax:
I've been tracking that damn movie for years! I didn't think it was ever going to come out.
It's horrible, unfortunately. I caught it at a film festival. The audience cheered when the titles came up, booed when it was over. Really, REALLY bad. Just cliche after cliche after cliche with terrible, terrible acting, piss poor directing that looks like someone just hurled the camera into a room, and violence that would make Big Bird laugh at it's mild absurdity. I was expecting Rob Zombie himself to jump out and say "DUDICAL" when someone gets stabbed.

Ugh.

Parallax

Ninja Combat Warrior
That's too bad
I'll still have to see it for myself.
Still I had High hopes for this flick

SuperDuperSpork

Ninja Combat Warrior
Parallax:
Michael Yagami:
Parallax:
And horrors roots is Rob Zombie??(j/k) Horror movies have always been like that, the big difference now is that they're actually releasing them in theaters instead of straight to video. We have The Ring to thank for that. Fuck teen horror crap, bring on Willard, House of 1000 corpses, and 28 days.

Michael Yagami

Parallax:
That's too bad
Ditto. I've waited too long for this film to pass judgement on it without even seeing it. I'll keep my hopes high.

Mike

Zeekade Zarathos

Michael Yagami:
Parallax:
That's too bad
Ditto. I've waited too long for this film to pass judgement on it without even seeing it. I'll keep my hopes high.

Mike
Yeah, still go see it and boycott the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre being made by Michael Bay. Maybe then studios will give Romero more money because of the support for the right type of movie, even if this is just a bad example. Just, uh, pretend your watching something else.

Parallax

Ninja Combat Warrior
SuperDuperSpork:
And horrors roots is Rob Zombie??
That not what I ment
SuperDuperSpork:
Horror movies have always been like that, the big difference now is that they're actually releasing them in theaters instead of straight to video. We have The Ring to thank for that. Fuck teen horror crap, bring on Willard, House of 1000 corpses, and 28 days.
I have to agree "The Ring" beat all my expectations. I'm not to sure about the sequel theyy are planning though we'll just have to see

Zeekade Zarathos

Parallax:
SuperDuperSpork:
And horrors roots is Rob Zombie??
That not what I ment
SuperDuperSpork:
Horror movies have always been like that, the big difference now is that they're actually releasing them in theaters instead of straight to video. We have The Ring to thank for that. Fuck teen horror crap, bring on Willard, House of 1000 corpses, and 28 days.
I have to agree "The Ring" beat all my expectations. I'm not to sure about the sequel theyy are planning though we'll just have to see
The sequel to the Japanese one was infinitely inferior, so, like you said, I'll just have to wait and see. But then again, I have such a love for Ringu that practically nothing could have been up to my expectations.

Earthquake

SouthTown StreetSweeper
Steve:
HALLOWEEN!

THE NIGHT HE CAME HOME!!

Siiiick.

Damn straight buddy! Halloween was made in 1978 for a mere $325,000 and since then has grossed more than $250,000,000. Now that's what I call an investment! I've been a Halloween fan since I was 7 and I always will be!