Tom Petty dead at 66

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
After being found unconscious and not breathing, Tom Petty was taken to a hospital for cardiac arrest. It was determined he had no brain activity, and so he was taken off life support and has passed away.

There goes another one.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
a personal favorite musician of mine. what a shame.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
One of the coolest motherfuckers in the game. Damn shame.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Almost missed this with the Vegas tragedy.

Don't come around here no more...RIP

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Damn! One of the few radio friendly musicians I liked :( and another of the travelling willburys gone :(

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Never understood the appeal of his music, but he was a lot younger than I expected.
tis a shame.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Damn! One of the few radio friendly musicians I liked :( and another of the travelling willburys gone :(

Same. I have a short list of classic rock bands I like, and he's definitely up there. RIP.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
You get into your late fifties, people start falling like flies all around you. I don't take life for granted any more. I'm really glad to be here.

Damn shame. :(

R.I.P.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
He was one of those musicians it was hard not to like, even if his stuff was not your favorite genre.

RIP :(

So many classic tracks but my favorite is probably:

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
He's still alive, people... CBS news report was inaccurate. Might as well say RIP now because he isn't expected to make it through the day, but there's (virtually zero) hope!

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
besides the chick who got kidnapped by buffalo bill singing american girl, i've never really heard any of his other music up until now, and it sounds pretty good. may he rest in peace.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
He's still alive, people... CBS news report was inaccurate. Might as well say RIP now because he isn't expected to make it through the day, but there's (virtually zero) hope!

He truly won't back down.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Never liked him, never cared for his music at all, it really sucks, horribly. Such a boring monotone emancipated fuck, the next few weeks of tom petty's shitty music going on everywhere is gonna be a bitch.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
I was very shocked to hear the news of his death. I spun a few tracks today in memory of him.

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
Well...turns out he might actually be alive....which is great news. Fuck the media cock suckers!

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Never liked him, never cared for his music at all, it really sucks, horribly. Such a boring monotone emancipated fuck, the next few weeks of tom petty's shitty music going on everywhere is gonna be a bitch.

Do you hate freedom, bro? ;)

Same here, maybe he had some kind of medical condition all along?

I was re-watching the video for "Into the Great Wide Open" (see my above post) which has Johnny Depp in it and thinking to myself Petty was a dead ringer for Depp's then future portrayal of Willie Wonka.

Last edited:

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Same here, he looked 60 when he was making music with George Harrison.
Godspeed

Same here, maybe he had some kind of medical condition all along?

Edit: I was always confused about him. I was off on the medical condition thing.

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
Rolling Stone, like most of the AMERICAN MEDIA, is infected with irresponsible people who will do anything to get you to watch/read. It affects most of the people on this site in some way.

Sick times.

Look at what Tom Petty's daughter has to say:
http://uproxx.com/music/tom-pettys-daughter-slams-rolling-stone-annakim-violette-slams/

Agreed. You can think things will someday get better. But with internet, social media and billions of apes interacting across the world, I wouldn't have a problem with the earth getting slammed by a metiorite tomorrow morning