SNES mini classic

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
I'm loving it. All the games play well, menu is easy to get around etc.

Only bummer is the wired controllers. I picked up one of the mini nes receivers I have the 8bitdo sfc30 pads but they don't work with the receiver. Directions work but the a and b buttons are duplicated on x y and shoulder buttons. Shame. Hopefully they release a firmware update for the receiver so they work.

8bitdo is coming out with a new wireless pad that also has a home function: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/09/8bitdo_is_releasing_wireless_pads_for_the_snes_classic_mini

8bitdo have now updated the nes mini receiver firmware to work with the Snes mini. I have the sf30 wireless pads, only noticed very very slight lag with super mario world but it's barely noticeable, much better than how they worked with the retropi. Also you can press down and select and it brings you back to the home menu now! No more getting up to hit the reset button.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I got one on the midnight it came out and have touched about half the games. I fired up Super Mario World at first but then jumped into Star Fox just enough to get the sequel unlocked and then finished that one off on easy. Outside of the seeking charged shot being gone other than graphics tweaks seems to be the same as the leaked copy. Didn't take but a few hours but someone dumped Star Fox 2 off there and put it online which is no surprise as it's the same hardware as the NES Classic. I went back and finished off SF1 at 99% and since then touched around 1/2 the games on it so far and it's fantastic and an improvement over the NES model too. They did a good job on it overall and I'm pleased, totally worth the money.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I got one on the midnight it came out and have touched about half the games. I fired up Super Mario World at first but then jumped into Star Fox just enough to get the sequel unlocked and then finished that one off on easy. Outside of the seeking charged shot being gone other than graphics tweaks seems to be the same as the leaked copy. Didn't take but a few hours but someone dumped Star Fox 2 off there and put it online which is no surprise as it's the same hardware as the NES Classic. I went back and finished off SF1 at 99% and since then touched around 1/2 the games on it so far and it's fantastic and an improvement over the NES model too. They did a good job on it overall and I'm pleased, totally worth the money.

Did you buy a second one to leave on the shelf?

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
BRB. I'm going to go make a "Let's Predict the Lineup of the Wii-U Mini Classic" video real quick.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
I'll be in Dallas next week, if I can manage to find one on a store or online, I'll get it. If not, then it's original SNES and SD2SNES for me only :)

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I need to try to find one for a buddy of mine...I want to give him one for Christmas...

Moving on, I played Earthbound all weekend, I've really enjoyed it. It's simple, and grindy...but it's been fun. I got to play it back when it was new (rental) but I never was able to find a copy on the cheap before the prices went wacko, I'm glad I finally get to dig into it.

Kiel

All About Shooters Mod., If you fuck with me, I'll
20 Year Member
I got to repost that article at least a dozen times on Friday. Pretty satisfying

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Collecturds and wannabe gamers, Nintendo has brought you together, rejoice!

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
This being Nintendo, where they kinda march to the beat of their own drum, next in their "classic/mini" line could well be the Game Boy.

Gameboy Classic XL.

In other news...
KOTAKU reports that if you're a scalper, you can only get, like, double the price you paid for the SNES Mini:
https://kotaku.com/snes-classics-cost-less-on-ebay-than-nes-classics-did-a-1819055099

That wouldn't be bad. I could have picked up about 4 extra in a 4 hour span (i only picked up one extra). That would have been easy money.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I managed to pick one up today. Store received 3 via UPS. Wouldn't let me get more than 1. This little shit is powered by USB, kinda of a trip there. Also, HDMI cable was included! That was a nice surprise. Nice little package overall. Hopefully get to try it out soon.

I was hoping to get at least one more to offer it up to someone here (at cost plus shipping). Maybe soon.

I can give no shits about the nes mini but had to get this one.

Last edited:

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I have to either get a longer HDMI cable or controller extension cables. .

The controllers make you sit too close to the TV even on a 50".