SNES mini classic

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
I think Nintendo and Konami should partner up next year for a Turbo/PCE classic mini next year.

If only it was the Konami of 80s and 90s. The one today is a vile, hateful organization that's unlikely to do something like this. With that said, they give so few fucks that maybe someone else could license these rights and produce something with some character.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
People are claiming Walmart support is telling them the whole process was a glitch, and all orders may be cancelled.
That'll be interesting if it is true.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I didn't pre-order, same happened with the NES mini, all those pre-orders didn't get priority or anything, it was first come first serve at best buy over here.

fake

15 Year Member
Fuuuuckin' A.

Cristian S: Thank you very much for your patience today [me], after carefully checking the order details, I really hate to tell you that all Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Classic Edition orders has been cancelled.
Cristian S: This happened because was an internal issue, but you will be able to preorder next week without any problem.

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
For once us PAL lot don’t get screwed. 60hz, sexy SNES minis with english roms - the USA box looks like a fugly answer machine from the 80’s.

It’s tricky getting one over here too, amazon cancelled extra preorders taken by scaplers - serves them right. I’m lucky and got mine from Nintendo Europe directly, think they lasted 30 mins before they were sold out.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Cristian S: This happened because was an internal issue, but you will be able to preorder next week without any problem.

Wonder if there's any truth to that. Wouldn't want to minimize the shit show by doing something crazy like announcing some kind of time frame.

fake

15 Year Member
Wonder if there's any truth to that. Wouldn't want to minimize the shit show by doing something crazy like announcing some kind of time frame.

I asked him if he meant that I'd have an opportunity to pre-order one before they went on sale to the public / people who didn't get a pre-order in. He said no, it will be a free-for-all and that they don't know what day or time the page will go live.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Hmmm, my Walmart Snes order still shows processing and no e-mails as of yet. Crossing my fingers.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Manly US SNES is where it's at. SFC is curvy and gay.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Manly US SNES is where it's at. SFC is curvy and gay.

OK, purple. ;)

The US SNES has and will always look inferior to the PAL SNES / Super Famicom.

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
So far, so good on my end. If they cancel all those that haven't been cancelled yet, I have a feeling there will be quite an angry mob after Walmart for that one.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
The US SNES has and will always look inferior to the PAL SNES / Super Famicom.

Yeah, the US SNES embodies the idea of a Japanese about the preference of the typical American: bulky, heavy and chiseled. Just like a '58 Pacer.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
The US SNES looks more like the Famicom for some reason, I always found this kinda funny.

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,
For once us PAL lot don稚 get screwed. 60hz, sexy SNES minis with english roms - the USA box looks like a fugly answer machine from the 80痴.

It痴 tricky getting one over here too, amazon cancelled extra preorders taken by scaplers - serves them right. I知 lucky and got mine from Nintendo Europe directly, think they lasted 30 mins before they were sold out.

I personally appreciate the US one, at least has more identity than the PAL version, that's a sort of hybrid between the SFC console and US game packaging with weird colour declinations (for the collectard's joy...).

The NA version's coherent with the style adopted for the GB and the Famicom, and I like that sort of design legacy between 8-16 bit, when in Japan the designers preferred the discontinuity.

Not to say that is better than Super Famicom (never), but it's interesting to see different approaches to the same product, expecially in the actual globalized context.

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
Even though they will make more of these (at least they say that), I think that the demand for the SNES classic will be greater than the NES classic, so getting your hands one will still be tough.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Yup, the demand from scalpers would be even worse.

The only way Scalpers would take a bath on this if Nintendo seriously floods the fucking market with this thing. Wet Dreams I know..

fake

15 Year Member
The only way Scalpers would take a bath on this if Nintendo seriously floods the fucking market with this thing. Wet Dreams I know..

Our only hope is if they stopped shipping the NES Classic because they knew they were going to do a SNES Classic which uses the exact same internal parts. Then they'd have all sorts of leftover inventory and 8 months to manufacture a bunch more.

That's probably not the case, though.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member
I don't get the hype for this thing. That controller panel is stupid. It's like they didn't even try and just decided to sacrifice the look so they could get rid of more Wii parts.

82C0hN1.jpg

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
I don't get the hype for this thing. That controller panel is stupid. It's like they didn't even try and just decided to sacrifice the look so they could get rid of more Wii parts.

82C0hN1.jpg

That is really dumb looking. It would have made more sense to push the ports further back and have a cable channel cut into the system somewhere so you could close the door while playing.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Gotta admit the panel is super dumb. I mean if the controller's are plugged into the system then what is the point?