Retroblox modular retro console

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
I can't believe the amount of misinformation I've seen him spout in the past. I'm talking stupid stuff that 5 minutes of googling would correct.

Who? Gayster81? He's a fucking moron.

Screen is 16:9. Game is stretched to the entire screen. Says the console does not stretch it to 16:9 and keeps the correct aspect ratio despite IGN saying aspect ratio is incorrect. Is told in comments he's wrong and it's 16:9, still doesn't make the change.

It's sad because people that go to this idiot for helpful information get misinformation from him and he refuses to correct any mistakes because he says, "IT DOESN'T LOOK 16:9 TO ME".

Last edited:

SpamYouToDeath

I asked for a, Custom Rank and, Learned My Lesson.
15 Year Member
Have they announced a price already?

I'm guessing: $9.99 and it comes with 4 controllers and a free HDTV.

Screen is 16:9. Game is stretched to the entire screen. Says the console does not stretch it to 16:9 and keeps the correct aspect ratio despite IGN saying aspect ratio is incorrect. Is told in comments he's wrong and it's 16:9, still doesn't make the change.

It's sad because people that go to this idiot for helpful information get misinformation from him and he refuses to correct any mistakes because he "IT DOESN'T LOOK 16:9 TO ME".

My God, he's like Karl Pilkington.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
i can see from the fucking demo unit while he's talking that the picture is definitely stretched to fit.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Dude, there's kickstarter prices on their page.

If it was, you would have posted specifics....

All they say is :

""
RetroBlox, including 1 Element Module and controller, will be much less than a base Nintendo Switch, ""

Which can be $298, $250, $200 or even $400 if they are bullshit liars.

Pasky

If it was, you would have posted specifics....

All they say is :

""
RetroBlox, including 1 Element Module and controller, will be much less than a base Nintendo Switch, ""

Which can be $298, $250, $200 or even $400 if they are bullshit liars.

It was there last I checked, they had $200 for base and like an amount for all 5 modules, I guess it's changed since a few days ago.

sylvie

NG.COM TEMPTRESS
20 Year Member
i want to make a joke video of it where someone goes through some fancy module changing shit and then hits the ON button and the CD Drive prints out a POV polaroid of everyone standing around looking at it

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

It's sad because people that go to this idiot for helpful information get misinformation from him and he refuses to correct any mistakes because he says, "IT DOESN'T LOOK 16:9 TO ME".

Putting 4:3 into 16:9 will always be stretched, what is this fucking mongoloid on about?

Pasky

Putting 4:3 into 16:9 will always be stretched, what is this fucking mongoloid on about?

The idiot thought since the screen is 4.3", it obviously keeps a 4:3 ratio. Dumbass doesn't realize it's 4.3" diagonally.

CORY

a.k.a. Mother Teresa
Staff member

Oh wow. PMing Craig right now.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
God damn, look at his hands when he's holding the supaboy close to the camera. He's a fucking hairy ape. :lolz:

Tanooki

War Room Troll
That gamestooge81 video is awful. His own comments on there refusing to admit the obvious. What's worse, it's a non-review really but more of a blowjob of his favorite game or two working just fine.

Is it that fucking hard to review special chip games? A good chunk of the best loved titles use the FX1/2, SA1, SDD1, C4 type stuff.

Another, how well does it control?

I had the v2 unit and got rid of it. Out of the box it's basically unusable unless you like to press the far ends of the d-pad only because there's no stopper between the directions on the inside. The system can actually interpret all 4 directions pushed at once which causes games to lock a direction or flip out. I had to mod mine with an electrical wire twist cap to create a rolling stopper to fix that. It also would not play SDD1 games either, half the FX1/2 didn't work. SA1 out of box wouldn't, I had to boot with a game, press/hold reset, pull game and put in say Mario RPG, then release to bypass that security lockout to use the game.

Shit like this should be covered if you're doing a real review and not sucking dick over getting a free new handheld to attention whore oneself on a youtube channel.

Pasky

Ya, only reason I saw that video is I was going to buy a Retro Duo and wanted to see if maybe I should get a Supa Boy S instead. I still can't find info on the Retro Duo whether the screen is 4:3 or 16:9 or if there is an option to switch between the two, but did find on several other reviews the Supa Boy S is indeed 16:9 and was why I didn't bother going for it instead. If I hadn't looked myself and didn't have a brain and listened to this moron I'd have made a poor purchase. People looking to buy these things and keep the games at their intended aspect ratios would be disappointed quickly listening to that baboon.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Yup, I guess if you want to keep it classic, he's got the Big Nose the Caveman look down with that honker and the hairy hands and knuckles...about as smart as a caveman too, maybe.

I could get over the 16:9 if they actually would fix all the truly damning issues of the device. The fact I had to unscrew the entire thing and apply a 2 cent chop shop job with a wire twist cap to make the damn thing control right was unforgivable in my book. It was dumb luck looking for anything that would work I had one that snuggly fit between the 4 sticks on the underside of that d-pad joke of theirs. Took about an hour work of filing it down to the right height then rounding it off smooth so it would work correctly. Shows to me really shoddy design and workmanship not realizing every game would break because nothing stopped it from seeing all 4 directions pushed at the same time while the bottom of a SNES d-pad is flat other than a little circular nub so no more than 2 points could be done at the same time. Complete idiots. Guess it shows they need to find someone dumber than their own design department to review it positively. If I actually wanted to be another yapping youtube gamer tool I'd have ripped that thing to pieces.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
I can feel the gamester love!

His buddy, Pete Dorr, is just as bad but in a different way. That guy asks for patreon support while standing in front of 100k worth of video game swag.
Awful content. Basically just "check out what I just bought. OMG it's teh rarez"

sparksterz

Camel Slug
I wish they'd go into more detail on the hybrid emulation...it's kinda hard to envision what that is if not just an fpga reading input and data and handing it to an emulator under the hood given the beefy arm processor. Though I don't understand how an emulator would handle this specialized chip data if it's already embedded into the emulator...might be useful to emulate something like Mega Man X3's attract mode side by side with a real SNES and cart. Though I suspect that's asking too much... :rolleyes:

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I can feel the gamester love!

His buddy, Pete Dorr, is just as bad but in a different way. That guy asks for patreon support while standing in front of 100k worth of video game swag.
Awful content. Basically just "check out what I just bought. OMG it's teh rarez"

is that that long haired hobo?

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
The world needs a easy ram upgrade & 240p breakout-box for OG Xbox, more than Retroblox.

You can play disk versions of games, in the emus loaded on a Xbox.

Only downside of current rawmboxx is the interlacing, and the games that don't run under OEM ram.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
The world needs a easy ram upgrade & 240p breakout-box for OG Xbox, more than Retroblox.

You can play disk versions of games, in the emus loaded on a Xbox.

Only downside of current rawmboxx is the interlacing, and the games that don't run under OEM ram.

Have they continued work on the emulators? Last I saw the MAME wasn't optimized enough to emulate Killer Instinct at a playable framerate. :/

I mean, who still has one?

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I wish they'd go into more detail on the hybrid emulation...it's kinda hard to envision what that is if not just an fpga reading input and data and handing it to an emulator under the hood given the beefy arm processor. Though I don't understand how an emulator would handle this specialized chip data if it's already embedded into the emulator...might be useful to emulate something like Mega Man X3's attract mode side by side with a real SNES and cart. Though I suspect that's asking too much... :rolleyes:

They have actually - it basically boils down to the system doesn't dump the roms to the system before running them. It runs real time off the cart...as far as I can tell that's the meat and potatoes of their "blast processing"

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
Have they continued work on the emulators? Last I saw the MAME wasn't optimized enough to emulate Killer Instinct at a playable framerate. :/

I mean, who still has one?

Not sure where it ultimately ended up...I just thought that things that won't load like ST-V games and such, was because of not having enough ram onboard.

sparksterz

Camel Slug
They have actually - it basically boils down to the system doesn't dump the roms to the system before running them. It runs real time off the cart...as far as I can tell that's the meat and potatoes of their "blast processing"

Sure, still not a lot of info out on the quality of emulation as far as I can tell though...I can understand they're tapping into the extra chips on the cart, but that doesn't exactly correlate to a much better experience just one that's more accurate in regards to chips that didn't ship with the console.