If Nintendo were to make a SNES Classic Mini, what games would you want to see on it?

Steve

The Wonder Years,
Not necessarily my top 30 but rather what I think they would go for.

In no particular order:

1. Super Mario World + All-Stars
2. Yoshi's Island
3. Super Mario Kart
4. Super Mario RPG
5. Super Metroid
6. Super Castlevania IV
7. Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts
8. Pilot Wings
9. StarFox
10. ActRaiser
11. F-Zero
12. Turtles in Time
13. Super Bomberman
14. Zombies Ate My Neighbors
15. Ken Griffey Jr. Presents MLB
16. Kirby SuperStar
17. Kirby Avalanche
18. Tetris Attack
19. Chrono Trigger
20. Link to the Past
21. Contra III
22. Street Fighter II Turbo
23. Mega Man X
24. Donkey Kong Country
25. Final Fantasy II
26. Final Fantasy III
27. Secret of Mana
28. Gradius III
29. EarthBound
30. Super Punch-Out!!

You got your classic Nintendo titles, some fun 2-4 player games, and at least one game from each genre represented. I think that's a pretty good list for the casual public.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
No particular order. Disregarding licensing issues, this is my N64 Mini list.

Super Mario 64
Mario Kart 64
Star Fox 64
F-Zero X
LOZ: Ocarina of Time
Super Smash Bros.
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
Paper Mario
LOZ: Majora's Mask
Blast Corps
GoldenEye 007
Banjo-Kazooie
Perfect Dark
Bomberman 64 (or Second Attack)
Sin and Punishment
Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber

Edited, I guess we all have different tastes. I took out a few games that hurt my eyes due to blur.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
That doesn't change the fact you can easily find 30 good N64 games, more actually.

Conker's Bad Fur Day has too much blur and Perfect Dark doesn't? Whatever man...

itsofrustratin

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Chrono Trigger and donkey kong country 2 would be a must. I wouldnt pick one up without those

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
That doesn't change the fact you can easily find 30 good N64 games, more actually.

Conker's Bad Fur Day has too much blur and Perfect Dark doesn't? Whatever man...

I just was trying not to shit on the N64 completely and at least leave a few games on the list. To me Golden Eye and Perfect Dark look like shit now but they are two of the better more popular games on the N64.

Your list is good though.

Last edited:

Poison Sama

The Hentai Christ
20 Year Member

The thing with the N64 is that many of its best games have received enhanced ports on other systems by now.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
The thing with the N64 is that many of its best games have received enhanced ports on other systems by now.

Yup, the Zelda games for example look much better on the 3ds or GameCube.

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
Yup, the Zelda games for example look much better on the 3ds or GameCube.

Gamecube? The only difference there is the games run at upscaled 480p (at the expense of 2D graphics looking stretched or mangled) with the bilinear filtering turned off (or at least reduced).

This is just me but OOT and MM are fundamentally worse on 3DS. They aren't updated ports, they are entirely new games that just borrow assets from the N64 originals. By that I mean the engine isn't quite the same, cutscene scripting is different, the games even run too smooth. Some of the touched up graphics are artistically inconsistent and the music is entirely unchanged. I'm not a fan of the 3DS remakes.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Gamecube? The only difference there is the games run at upscaled 480p (at the expense of 2D graphics looking stretched or mangled) with the bilinear filtering turned off (or at least reduced).

This is just me but OOT and MM are fundamentally worse on 3DS. They aren't updated ports, they are entirely new games that just borrow assets from the N64 originals. By that I mean the engine isn't quite the same, cutscene scripting is different, the games even run too smooth. Some of the touched up graphics are artistically inconsistent and the music is entirely unchanged. I'm not a fan of the 3DS remakes.

I take it your a big fan of the N64?

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Not necessarily my top 30 but rather what I think they would go for.

In no particular order:

1. Super Mario World + All-Stars (YES)
2. Yoshi's Island (MEH, NO...but I'm the minority on this one)
3. Super Mario Kart (YES)
4. Super Mario RPG (YES)
5. Super Metroid (YES)
6. Super Castlevania IV (YES)
7. Super Ghouls 'N Ghosts (Fuck that pile of shit, NO)
8. Pilot Wings (NO)
9. StarFox (MEH, NO...but I'm the minority on this one)
10. ActRaiser (YES)
11. F-Zero (YES)
12. Turtles in Time (YES)
13. Super Bomberman (YES)
14. Zombies Ate My Neighbors (YES)
15. Ken Griffey Jr. Presents MLB (NO OPINION)
16. Kirby SuperStar (NO OPINION)
17. Kirby Avalanche (NO OPINION)
18. Tetris Attack (NO OPINION)
19. Chrono Trigger (YES)
20. Link to the Past (YES)
21. Contra III (YES)
22. Street Fighter II Turbo (YES)
23. Mega Man X (YES)
24. Donkey Kong Country (YES)
25. Final Fantasy II (YES)
26. Final Fantasy III (YES)
27. Secret of Mana (YES)
28. Gradius III (Meh...NO, too much slowdown)
29. EarthBound (YES)
30. Super Punch-Out!! (YES)

You got your classic Nintendo titles, some fun 2-4 player games, and at least one game from each genre represented. I think that's a pretty good list for the casual public.

I'd buy that list.

I'd replace Graduis III with UN Squadron or Axelay though.

Legend of the Mystical Ninja is also a highly overlooked classic.

Steve

The Wonder Years,
I'd buy that list.

I'd replace Graduis III with UN Squadron or Axelay though.

Legend of the Mystical Ninja is also a highly overlooked classic.

I need to play LotMN! I have but just yet to play it thoroughly. StarFox just because it's an "iconic" franchise that I am sure Nintendo would want to highlight. Personally would rather have LotMN from what I previewed. Gradius 3 for the classic status of the casual public although I agree Axelay is by far superior. Also, I could see Super Smash TV sneaking in. Fun two player game.

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
I take it your a big fan of the N64?

You could say that, but I'm also a fan of games being unaltered. I haven't played many remakes that were legitimately better than their originals.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
My SNES 33-game list:

Super Mario World
Super Castlevania 4
Castlevania XX
Zelda LTTP
Killer Instinct
Final Fantasy 4-6
Chrono Trigger
Super Ghouls'n'Ghosts
Super Metroid
Final Fight
Final Fight 3
Actraiser
Chrono Trigger
SD Gundam GX
Super Mario All-Stars
Turtles in Time
Ogre Battle
Super Star Wars, Empire, Jedi
Ultra Seven
Power Instinct
Super Pang
Ninja Warriors
Pipe Dream
Populous
Mega Man X
Super Off-Road
X-Men
YuYu Hakusho Final
Area 88

You can easily find 30 good N64 games if you love eating crap sandwiches.

My edited version of your list:
No particular order. Disregarding licensing issues, this is my N64 Mini list.

Super Mario 64
LOZ: Ocarina of Time
LOZ: Majora's Mask
Donkey Kong 64
Turok 2: Seeds of Evil
Castlevania 64 (or Legacy of Darkness)
Ogre Battle 64: Person of Lordly Caliber
Banjo-Kazooie and whatever, I get it -- that's your taste. Fine. You have the taste of an 8 year-old girl, but sure, have fun. Stuff like Mario Party, though, go fuck yourself. On a list of supposedly "Good" (I do appreciate you restrained yourself from saying "great") games, you've nominated something that's on or below the level of many smartphone apps. Go fuck yourself for N64 RE2, as well.

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
You can easily find 30 good N64 games if you love eating crap sandwiches.

My edited version of your list:
Banjo-Kazooie and whatever, I get it -- that's your taste. Fine. You have the taste of an 8 year-old girl, but sure, have fun. Stuff like Mario Party, though, go fuck yourself. On a list of supposedly "Good" (I do appreciate you restrained yourself from saying "great") games, you've nominated something that's on or below the level of many smartphone apps. Go fuck yourself for N64 RE2, as well.

What's more annoying, overly optimistic or overly cynical?

I guess some of us have learned to enjoy things instead of being bitter and depressed about everything. You always sound like the N64 killed your dog. Take some prozac man.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
What's more annoying, overly optimistic or overly cynical?
What do you mean, "overly optimistic?" There are no more N64 games coming. Being optimistic at this point is kind of stupid. Anyway, are you done fucking yourself for saying N64 RE2 already?

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
What do you mean, "overly optimistic?" There are no more N64 games coming. Being optimistic at this point is kind of stupid. Anyway, are you done fucking yourself for saying N64 RE2 already?

I love the ever faithful N64 supporters bringing up RE2. A game that was (is) limited compared to the PS1 version, cost and arm and a leg, and came out years after the PS1 version. Such a masterpiece.

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member

Optimistic that what is available for the N64 is good. Who said anything about more N64 games coming out? I don't see any more Ps1 games being released.

I would try but you seem to enjoy that jagged stick up your ass a lot more. There's no way I could outdo that.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
Optimistic that what is available for the N64 is good. Who said anything about more N64 games coming out? I don't see any more Ps1 games being released.

I would try but you seem to enjoy that jagged stick up your ass a lot more. There's no way I could outdo that.

I'm not optimistic that you'll understand what the word "optimistic" means anytime soon.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
Miracles if these were put in it
Der Langrisser
Seiken Densetsu 3
Sim City

No good reason these titles should not be in it
Chronotrigger
Earthbound
Secret of Mana
Super Mario RPG

Nintendo would be stupid not to put these in it
A Link to the Past
Super Mario World
Super Metroid

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Optimistic that what is available for the N64 is good. Who said anything about more N64 games coming out?
Stupidity: Confirmed

Are you French-Canadian, and English your second language? If so, I will edit this post.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I'd like to see what will never happen... a nice & sophisticated gathering of Japanese exclusives, translated, where needed. Clock Tower, DoReMi, Scrambling Valkyrie, King of Demons etc. Yet, the mold shan't be broken.

bloodycelt

Chin's Bartender
I'd like to see what will never happen... a nice & sophisticated gathering of Japanese exclusives, translated, where needed. Clock Tower, DoReMi, Scrambling Valkyrie, King of Demons etc. Yet, the mold shan't be broken.

Maybe one from the list, don't forget.... Monster World IV actually happened.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
+1 on everyone who said Uniracers.

Also, was there ever a good R-Type released on the SNES?

Last edited: