Prince dies at 57

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Man that sucks. It's raining famous dead people lately.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Just some levity..

j4xQcJz.png

Neo Ash

NG.com Audiophile, Club Member,
FUCK,,,,NO! I was rocking his Greatest Hits CD in the car this morning! DAMNIT!!!!!!

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Here on the local news, they can't stop shutting up about it.

Also, doesn't Prince's logo remind you of Skinny Puppies?

il_570xN.121939419.jpg

prince_logo.jpg

Last edited:

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
I was driving when it was announced on the radio. I had to pull over and verify it.

Sad day.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Wouldn't go that far. JH's recording career is so short and he accomplished so much, no one is ever gonna touch him. RIP Prince.

daithidownunder

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
He certainly produced some cracking music in his time.

Sent from my SM-T710 using Tapatalk

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
One way or the other, everyone got in touch with this unique personality... for me, Prince is one of my most favorite artists together with D'Angelo. I never met him, so he sure will stay alive for me to the end of my lifetime. It wasn't only his music, it was his attitude towards it: uncompromising, yet, as nonchalant and easygoing as if he would breathe it, like we breathe air.

An exraordinary musician, will be sorely missed. Rest in Peace to the Insatiable, Paisley Park is in my Heart.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
I think Prince was like James Brown- he kept performing even when he was ill. And he went to hospital recently, but didn't want to stay there, even though the doctors wanted him to.
James Brown wanted to keep up an image of invincibility, which was part of his approach to fame/show business (as an example to motivate his fans to get their own act together). Maybe Prince was like a lot of celebrities, in that they don't want to show weakness publicly. He was also eccentric, like Michael Jackson.
They are saying it might have been a drug overdose (or flu), but his religion says followers can't do drugs or get drunk.

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
They are saying it might have been a drug overdose (or flu), but his religion says followers can't do drugs or alcohol.
Ugh, I didn't realize he had become a Jehovah's Witness. Oh, well. At least he wasn't a Scientologist.

And I think JHs are allowed to drink alcohol, they're just not allowed to get drunk. But yeah, a no drunkenness, no drugs thing would have been hard for Prince.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Guy was a massive twat but had the skills to back it up. Also legendary Chappelle's Show story, wish I had seen that basketball game.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Bit sad to drop dead at 57. I really cannot stand him or his music.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I was really surprised when I heard this last night too; he seemed like a guy that would have had another good two decades or more to go at least. I've only got one of his greatest hits albums, but I've always liked his stuff, and while I've never seen him live, I've heard from several people that he really was a virtuoso on stage. Another of our music legends gone . . .

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Autopsy has been completed and showed no known cause of death yet. Usually that means drugs were involved.

http://www.tmz.com/2016/04/22/prince-autopsy-completed-cause-of-death/

He also was sent to the hospital the previous week for a big Percoset overdose, not because he had the flu. Bet you $10 he was addicted to them and OD'd again. Its believed he started taking it back in 2010 when he had hip surgery.

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Played Purple Rain tonight with the band to honor a musical giant.