Fuck Yeah Vita!

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Didnt wanna create a whole topic here but can anyone help me find out if a developers is full of shit.

Aquire says Akiba's Beat doesnt work on the pstv because of the special way its programed. Does anyone have a whitelisted vita and this game? Just wanna see it working so I can throw it back in their faces as liars.

I can save you the time. I'm sure it works on a hacked Vita and yes, they are full of shit. Some bean counter told them that .001% won't buy the PS4 version if you make this pstv compatible. End of story.

If they hadn't differentiated the hardware like that it might have taken off better. But don't bother engaging and trying to prove to them you know. It really doesn't matter. It's completely stupid for them to pull that shit too. Super annoying.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I can save you the time. I'm sure it works on a hacked Vita and yes, they are full of shit. Some bean counter told them that .001% won't buy the PS4 version if you make this pstv compatible. End of story.

If they hadn't differentiated the hardware like that it might have taken off better. But don't bother engaging and trying to prove to them you know. It really doesn't matter. It's completely stupid for them to pull that shit too. Super annoying.
Proof would be great for refunds. Thats why I want it.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Proof would be great for refunds. Thats why I want it.

Just stop. No company cares if you can hack a PSTV to play a game not on the whitelist. No one was making this noise for Dengeki Bunko.

Edit: Companies can also say because of some feature using the gyroscope or touchpads that a game is not "programmed" to work right (ie. easily) with the PSTV.

Last edited:

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Just stop. No company cares if you can hack a PSTV to play a game not on the whitelist. No one was making this noise for Dengeki Bunko.

Edit: Companies can also say because of some feature using the gyroscope or touchpads that a game is not "programmed" to work right (ie. easily) with the PSTV.

This is not qith aqquire. This is with Tom from xseed. Xseed localized the game and they say they assumed it worked with pstv. Then it didnt they went to Aquire who makes it and go an excuse. So pretty much its just a personal bet that they're lying. Not the translators but that the developer is lying to the translation team.

"I mean, we can only go by what Acquire tells us. So if you ever do have a chance to check this out on a whitelisted PSTV, and it turns out Akiba's Beat DOES play, please do let us know, and we'll be more than happy to confront the devs with it!

-Tom"

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
This is not qith aqquire. This is with Tom from xseed. Xseed localized the game and they say they assumed it worked with pstv. Then it didnt they went to Aquire who makes it and go an excuse. So pretty much its just a personal bet that they're lying. Not the translators but that the developer is lying to the translation team.

"I mean, we can only go by what Acquire tells us. So if you ever do have a chance to check this out on a whitelisted PSTV, and it turns out Akiba's Beat DOES play, please do let us know, and we'll be more than happy to confront the devs with it!

-Tom"

Acquire is the developer, and Xseed's the publisher. AFAIK, it's up to the publisher to request the whitelisting (and pay the fees) from Sony for use on the PSTV. Xseed's done this before with Ys because the JPN version (developed and published by Falcom) was PSTV compatible, but the US version wasn't for the longest time.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member

-Tom"

So, hack your PSTV - I think you can move this to your own thread at this point.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
So I don't really keep up with Limited Run game releases but looks like Deemo is coming out tomorrow. Never heard of the game before but I am thinking of getting it. Don't really know much about it but given my love for the Theatrhythm games i feel compelled to check this out.

Anyone else getting this? Thoughts on the game?

Renmauzo

MS Paint Master.
10 Year Member
Nah, going to get Broken Age instead. I really like that game; it has a lot of charm, looks gorgeous, and has an interesting story.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
Actually I am going to pass on Deemo too - looks like it might be hard to play with my tiny trump hands

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Actually I am going to pass on Deemo too - looks like it might be hard to play with my tiny trump hands

Yeah, Deemo lacks fluff in my opinion. Ends up coming across cheap. Broken Age is amazing but I'm also passing on both. Looking forward to Oceanhorn though.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master
Super Robot Wars V is pretty damn awesome. It's got a ton of customizing and it's not challenging to figure most of it out. For a strategy RPG it's a bit on the easy side so far but I'm on scenario 17 (of 50ish I believe) so it may ramp up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Super Robot Wars V is pretty damn awesome. It's got a ton of customizing and it's not challenging to figure most of it out. For a strategy RPG it's a bit on the easy side so far but I'm on scenario 17 (of 50ish I believe) so it may ramp up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, if you are into all the anime IP's in it and like turn based strategy - it's a system seller. So freaking polished.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
Bought Retro City Rampage a few weeks ago and EDF 2 this past weekend - both flash sales.

RCR is good - lots of jabs at all my favorite games growing up.

EDF 2 is every bit as monotonous as I remember the first one being when I played it on the 360. A lot of free DLC, which is nice.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Tokyo Xanadu out today (NA version). Going to pick up my reserve at lunch and start it this weekend.

edit: I would have picked it up if my old GS didn't have a huge stack of boxes being checked in by a sole employee who's barely trained on how to do so.

Last edited:

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Tokyo Xanadu out today (NA version). Going to pick up my reserve at lunch and start it this weekend.

edit: I would have picked it up if my old GS didn't have a huge stack of boxes being checked in by a sole employee who's barely trained on how to do so.

Noooooooo. That sucks, sorry man. I'm about an hour or so in and it's awesome.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,

This is why I can't stand GS. That sucks man. Mine came in the mail today. The backlog continues to grow and mock me.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I recently bought a second hand slim model while in Japan. Bought it on a whim to try it out after selling my PSP a few years back. Was on 3.63fw so no 3.60 fun unfortunately but I just wanted it mostly to play Gran Turismo PSP and a few other Vita titles for shits and giggles. Pretty happy so far.

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
I've had my vita for a little while and definitely been hooked. Ended up getting an earlier OLED model, which I'm glad I did. Haven't been playing it as of late due to the Switch. (Do most of my gaming on the go.) Need to break it back out and start using it more often again.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Anyone else playing Tokyo Xanadu? I'm about 8 hrs in and really dig it. Persona + Ys with the trails of cold steel engine.

pixeljunkie

20 Year Member
Anyone manage to get Gundam Breaker 3 Breaker edition? I tried to order from Heavyarm, but they said that Namco/Bandai had production problems and probably won't restock. So, they had to cancel everyone's orders.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I got the original edition but passed on the Breaker edition. I noticed these dried up pretty quick and was wondering what the deal was.

Colorado Rockie

Terry Bogard's Taylor
I think Namco will reprint them eventually. They just reprinted SD Gundam G for Vita, which is probably way more of a hassle to do then the Break Edition. Keep an eye out for them on Mariio128, BuyGame2, etc.