Crossed Swords 2 AES/MVS and Rom Thread.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
some members told me that CS2 AES goes up to $1200 in private sale.................wow

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Do you have a stack of mint Ironclad home cart boots that you can send to Jeff to make another batch?

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
There is not a third run planned unfortunately, I guess I could speak to Jeff about it but there are other things to take into account. We would have to start sacking carts for example and it would also mean a lot more work making the carts. The price would probably have to be higher as a result also (although no where near the price in that auction).

At the moment the next step of Crossed Swords 2 is the ROM release. Hopefully then everyone who want to play the game can do so without paying prices like that.

Last edited:

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Do you have a stack of mint Ironclad home cart boots that you can send to Jeff to make another batch?

Yes if that would happen it would change the situation a bit.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Maybe. I guess there would need to be a choice made though for Zintrick. Use the limited music in that can be salvaged from the CD version or do like with CS2 can take music from another game. Using the CD M ROM data will mean some samples used for music (say like piano or guitar) will be missing and there will be the same music used multiple times in areas it should not be.

mathieu4d

Crazed MVS Addict
Maybe. I guess there would need to be a choice made though for Zintrick. Use the limited music in that can be salvaged from the CD version or do like with CS2 can take music from another game. Using the CD M ROM data will mean some samples used for music (say like piano or guitar) will be missing and there will be the same music used multiple times in areas it should not be.

obviously this :buttrock:

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic

Yes, limited music from the CD version sounds like the more authentic approach to me.

(Though, part of me wonders how it'd sound to have music tracks pulled from something like Magical Drop 3, Money Idol Exchanger, or Pochi and Nyaa.)

I would definitely love buy a Zintrick mvs cart with music regardless of source, though.

Last edited:

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
...or someone with the skills could "recompose"/cover the cd tracks with the MVS/AES instrumentals. that could be rad.

also looking forward to the rom release :glee:

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
....or Samurai Spirits RPG MVS/AES :drool_2::drool_2::drool_2:
Raz, it will be the first RPG games on AES/MVS in Neo Geo history!!!!!!

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
People see flipping opportunities and all of a sudden want a 3rd run.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
"Must pay immediately after auction ends if not negative feedback will be left and the item will be re-listed. Serious collectors only."

Um, Ebay doesn't work that way. Sellers can't leave negative feedback anymore, nor can you demand immediate payment. >_>

mastamuzz

Eager Beaver
Raz have you consider not sacking carts and develop your own boards, this was never released on that format so no authenticity to pursue. I know is entering on atomikwave territory but it can be enjoyed at least.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Raz have you consider not sacking carts and develop your own boards, this was never released on that format so no authenticity to pursue. I know is entering on atomikwave territory but it can be enjoyed at least.

I believe all carts were already sacced to begin with?

lions3

Igniz's Servent
When you release the ROMS are you going to add anything to the game? Maybe a "v1.1" in the corner of the intro graphics? Mainly so there's a way in the future to tell if the Cart being sold is one of the original batches made by you instead of someone in France :P

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
I guess if I got Jeff to make one and I signed it we could be looking crazy ass prices.

maldoror68

n00b

yup, that's the trick for zintrick.
but actually ,even with a shoe-horn it doesn't fit.
there are different solutions:

-downsample more the music quality (even if its already done a little):confused:
-close our eyes on some tracks :spock:
-redo the music from a to z in adcpm & Fm :scratch: