Crossed Swords 2 AES/MVS and Rom Thread.

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
It's only a matter of time before the neogeo gets an SD card cartridge, just like almost every other system.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
You know I agree but maybe lets keep that to another thread because I have strong opinions on that also. So mush so that I would probably work on such a thing to confirm certain criteria is maintained to avoid abuse of such system.

le geek

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
15 Year Member
Full Frontal Insert WIP

crossed-swords-2-legeek-copy.jpg

Cheers,
Ben

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Full Frontal Insert WIP

crossed-swords-2-legeek-copy.jpg

Cheers,
Ben

Now that is very different from what anyone else has come up with so far, great effort there indeed. Can't wait to see more.

Kinneth

Neo Buster,
Great job Razoola!

According to past NGF Neo Geo release history...I am predicting NGF will also release this game, but before Razoola's release. I will laugh if theirs also contains music from Crossed Sword 1. Afterall its a "prototype." ;)

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
Great job Razoola!

According to past NGF Neo Geo release history...I am predicting NGF will also release this game, but before Razoola's release. I will laugh if theirs also contains music from Crossed Sword 1. Afterall its a "prototype." ;)

Exactly.
Although they have had the game for years, and never provided proof, pics, or video, they will coincidentally do so after the release. And if they do provide a video, it will be clips of the CD running with CS2 music as the proof.

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Exactly.
Although they have had the game for years, and never provided proof, pics, or video, they will coincidentally do so after the release. And if they do provide a video, it will be clips of the CD running with CS2 music as the proof.

I will add on top of that Crossed Swords 2 is a game xacrow provided no pictures of. If anyone would have it I believe it would be him. I put in on record here now.

If NGF have Crossed swords 2 in MVS/AES/NON CD PROTO FORMAT. I would be happy to confirm its authenticity for everyone in the NeoGeo community. I could do that without requiring an entire ROM dump, just the P1 will do and I probably would not require it all, just a set portion.

Last edited:

Razoola

Staff member
20 Year Member
Can I have opinions of the following two covers. This is potential AES snaplock inserts and not MVS. These are by no means final either.

I'm looking for feedback related to the style given where this game would fall in the SNK timeline. Yes we know the CD version is 1995 but I am of the belief that if it were released on MVS it would have been pre 1995.

Then there is the Crossed Swords 1 cover to take into account and how one would like to show in a collection.

Attachments

• cs2-aes-insert.jpg
    cs2-aes-insert.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 267
  • cs2-aes-insertalt.jpg
    cs2-aes-insertalt.jpg
    218.3 KB · Views: 269

SuperGun

Proto Hunter
20 Year Member
While that first gen CS2 insert does look unique, that was circa 1991 & SNK was already doing the USA dog tag & euro logo style boxes in 1992, so the second one would be more accurate. The number is 54.

Look to Ninja Commando & World Heroes 1 as the models.

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Can I have opinions of the following two covers. This is potential AES snaplock inserts and not MVS. These are by no means final either.

I'm looking for feedback related to the style given where this game would fall in the SNK timeline. Yes we know the CD version is 1995 but I am of the belief that if it were released on MVS it would have been pre 1995.

Then there is the Crossed Swords 1 cover to take into account and how one would like to show in a collection.

I think the second one looks more like something SNK would ship in their games. I like the detail of having the instructions in the back of the 1st one, however.

My choice would be the second one.

Regards.

frazer99

Living on the wrong, side of the Pennines,
20 Year Member
I vote no. 2 insert.

Sorry if this has been mentioned/answered previously - are you considering a Japanese insert?

Cheers,
Frazer

Last edited:

ulyses31

Crazed MVS Addict
I also agree, the second insert looks finest. I don't have any AES game, just MVS and the second insert makes a better approach to the idea I have of AES

mjmjr25

went home to be a family man
10 Year Member
#2 again, also w/preference that it be available in JP option as well.

Zellez

King's Dry Cleaner
Considering the year of release, I'd go with #2.
By the way I'm also interested in a Japanese insert/release.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Yeah, the black AES insert is the most time period appropriate.

However I would change the "SNK Corporation of America" on the spine to "SNK Home Entertainment" to complete the well aged cheese.