What is your ABSOLUTE FAVORITE fighting game? No BS.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Let me tell you what I think is the best, KOF '98 UM. This game is just amazing. I know it is old and '98 is old, but guys, this game is fucking great. I don't know if I played regular '98 as much as some might have, but I play this on the reg. I'm really anticipating the release on steam because nobody plays on XBL, which pisses me off. Anyhow, if you aren't familiar with this game, it is '98 updated. I'm not exactly sure of what they changed, but there are new backgrounds + some new characters and EX characters. I play this at the arcade a few days a week and usually get stomped, I'm not gonna lie. Taiwanese dudes just fucking know this game, and I blow. I really need to work on combos, but I rely on special moves and tricky tactics too much, I wish it were not this way. This game is combo heavy and there are so many fucking characters and strategies, I love the game. Please tell me your favorite fighting game. No fucking bullshit list, or with runners up. CHOOSE ONE FUCKING GAME! GO!

Last edited:

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
Let me tell you what I think is the best, KOF '98 UM. This game is just amazing. I know it is old and '98 is old, but guys, this game is fucking great. I don't know if I played regular '98 as much as some might have, but I play this on the reg. I'm really anticipating the release on steam because nobody plays on XBL, which pisses me off. Anyhow, if you aren't familiar with this game, it is '98 updated. I'm not exactly sure of what they changed, but there are new backgrounds + some new characters and EX characters. I play this at the arcade a few days a week and usually get stomped, I'm not gonna lie. Taiwanese dudes just fucking know this game, and I blow. I really need to work on combos, but I rely on special moves and tricky tactics too much, I wish it were not this way. This game is combo heavy and there are so many fucking characters and strategies, I love the game. Please tell me your favorite fighting game. No fucking bullshit list, or with runners up. CHOOSE ONE FUCKING GAME! GO!

Just to say, I'm in agreement that both 98UM and 02UM are absolutely excellent. Personally, I felt you could get by, KOFwise, with a diet of only 98UM, 02UM and XI.

As for my personal favourite ever fighting game? He'll of a question. I will say that, between Capcom and SNK, 1995 was my year of choice for fighters though (KOF95, SS3, RB1, SFAlpha, XMEN COTA etc).

If I had a gun to my head, I'd probably say Capcom vs SNK 2 y'know. Me and my friends spent LITERALLY years on that game, religiously. There was something for all of us in that game and it was the perfect compromise title for those who were either unfamiliar with SNK or those who disliked SNK games, as it allowed me to beat their Shotokan Karate teams senseless with Ryo, Mai, Kim and the like.

A Capcom vs SNK 3 back in 02/03 would have been, potentially, amazing. I really wouldn't be at all excited now, unless done in the KOFXIII engine etc.

noCLip

Camel Slug
I dont think its the best fighting game but my favorite to play is Street Fighter Alpha 3

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Street Fighter II: Championship Edition. Not saying it's the best, but it's my favorite.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
I guess it would probably be CVS2 or KOF02 (original not UM shit), just going by how much time I've put into them.

If I had to pick one, prolly KOF02.

Kinda weird to admit/realize that.