ProTip: Don't give a 9 year old an Uzi

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Dude's a bleeding heart idiot.

So Meller, what would happen if your country got invaded? You gonna rely on that great army of yours to protect your family? :smirk:

Fuzzytaco

Long Dong Silver.,
10 Year Member
I grew up around guns and I've met my fair share of 5-9 yr olds and I can safely say I wouldn't put a gun in any of their hands for any reason. It's unnecessary.
You do whatever you want, but don't act like people who don't think it's a good idea are somehow not knowledgeable on guns or the mental ability and maturity level of small children.

So, clearly my remark didn't apply to you.

StevenK

ng.com SFII tournament winner 2002-2023
10 Year Member
Again StevenK there is more to it than that...

I grew up on a self sufficient family run farm til Age 10 when my father became a quadriplegic after an accident and my parents divorced. With the debt of my father's plumbing business and a mortgage on the house, she worked 2 full-time jobs to pay off his debt, initial 3 months of ICU medical bills and surgeries, and maintain things so my sister and I stayed in the same schools and home. With my Father going thru his own life battles and years of physical therapy and in home care, the state wasn't going to go after a "deadbeat disabled quadriplegic man" with no money. I had to step up to the plate and take care of things at home to include that farm as we slowly downsized it and began to sell off valuable livestock while continuing to grow our own produce and eggs.

As Lagduf said, it is a cultural issue, but also for me a rare position. I had a lot of responsibility for such a young age and it's truly hard for ppl to understand this without experiencing it.

I did what needed to be done and really don't care if you accept it or not.

There is even more to this story than said here and it gets very personal so I'm not going to share everything. Regardless of your opinion or thoughts of the subject at hand when applying it to what you would consider "average children" or "proper upbringing" realize mine was far from it.

Why do I even bother sharing this? Perhaps you will understand not only cultural differences but also hardships others face everyday regardless of age. You would realize I wouldn't just hand a kid a firearm, as one wasn't just handed to me. I was properly trained starting at a young age and under supervision before total hardship for 5 years on a farm.

Again, many of you just bring up it being wrong to even begin training a child under full supervision to respect firearms and that is your opinion and right. However, wake the fuck up and understand other ppls personal hardships, culture, and tragic events can be completely different.

I wasn't particularly commenting on the age as such, it was more the unsupervised aspect of it. There's a case for supervised firearms access at any age I guess, but unsupervised I can't be on board with.

I still stand by this, but I will concede that there are some sets of circumstances in which I'd object to it less than others. :)

StevenK

10 Year Member
This is the alpha and omega...

I place people into three groups when it comes to beliefs:

-Those that believe the same thing I believe.
-Those that can can possibly be convinced to believe what I believe.
-Those that believe something other than what I believe and are not up for discussion.

I don't argue with the third group anymore...hell, I don't even argue with group 2 anymore. I'll openly discuss something, but in the end, it's only opinions on an issue.

I'm interested to know which of those three groups you think most people would put yourself in?

P.s. not a loaded question.

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,

So Meller, what would happen if your country got invaded? You gonna rely on that great army of yours to protect your family? :smirk:

It's no longer 18th century, we spend billions on those suckers of F-35 and drones that if they fail I doubt that a firearm makes the difference.
In a post-atomic scenario maybe, but in this case it's no more a constitutional issue...

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
It's no longer 18th century, we spend billions on those suckers of F-35 and drones that if they fail I doubt that a firearm makes the difference.
In a post-atomic scenario maybe, but in this case it's no more a constitutional issue...

So you think you're going to be left alone if another country invades yours? They're not going to bother to come to your house and see if you have valuables to take? Or even your own neighbors in a martial law situation?

Boy, Europeans really drank the kool-aid after WWII, they really don't understand self-defense and preparedness at all. :oh_no:

StevenK

10 Year Member
So you think you're going to be left alone if another country invades yours? They're not going to bother to come to your house and see if you have valuables to take? Or even your own neighbors in a martial law situation?

Boy, Europeans really drank the kool-aid after WWII, they really don't understand self-defense and preparedness at all. :oh_no:

In an invasion situation Americans would kill each other far faster than any invading force could manage. By the time they got to Washington there'd just be one man, armed to the nuts, sat atop a millenia's supply of bottled water and beef jerky.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
C'mon Sex Lord, history had proven that invading armies only go after the military, they don't touch the civilians.

...right?

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
In an invasion situation Americans would kill each other far faster than any invading force could manage.

No, the opportunists would strike after the invaders were chased off.

C'mon Sex Lord, history had proven that invading armies only go after the military, they don't touch the civilians.

...right?

Oh, of course! :smirk: ;)

Last edited:

MySoberCompanion

Formerly the Drunk, known as Tyrandom.,

Yes, it's unacceptable, we also have fewer horses and bayonets!

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I really hope the US doesn't decide to back up these euro fucknuts if they ever get invaded. I wouldn't want our boys to die to protect these space cadets.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member

They would call Germany to bail them out. The EU's favorite pastime.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Well, historically speaking, Germans are pretty badass.

smokehouse

I was Born This Ugly.,
15 Year Member
I'm interested to know which of those three groups you think most people would put yourself in?

P.s. not a loaded question.

Well...the first, I guess...figuring I believe what I believe...

All joking aside, 10 years ago...I was pretty set in stone. Now? I'm slowly becoming more open minded. I am 100% better when it comes to accepting others beliefs! I will say that. As long as someone doesn't wish to remove my rights.

Concerning the topic at hand, I am steadfast with the firearm thing. They are an item and items simply do what they're told. Every time this comes up, so many keep focusing on the item rather the person telling it what to do.

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
I really hope the US doesn't decide to back up these euro fucknuts if they ever get invaded. I wouldn't want our boys to die to protect these space cadets.

Free Corps Denmark

They fought against the countries that liberated them, even had their own SS division.

You know we will since we make up are large part of NATO with troops, aid, funding, and hardware.

I have nothing against Denmark, but ppl like Meller make me sick.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
I have nothing against Denmark, but ppl like Meller make me sick.

Pray tell, what have I done to make you think so ill of me? I don't like guns, so I make you sick? If so, I think you're the one who has issues here.

skate323k137

Professional College Dropout
10 Year Member
Pray tell, what have I done to make you think so ill of me? I don't like guns, so I make you sick? If so, I think you're the one who has issues here.

I've got nothing against you, however, based just on human psychology and history I feel like countries where gun control is working are missing a pretty fundamental realization. IMHO, gun control has worked in many areas simply because there are enough resources for most people. There is food, clean water, oil, etc to go around.

When there is not food and water to go around, the best armed people can and will take control of resources (or at the least, be able to defend theirs). Your body and the human mind has a hierarchy of needs, atop them being food, clothing, and shelter. When you look at human behavior, especially in the context of free will (or the lack thereof), humans do what they have to do to survive. Most of us, at the end of the day, would probably kill someone if the alternative was starving to death. Assuming you haven't been in that situation you can't say that you wouldn't.

WWII was not even 100 years ago. The great depression was not even 100 years ago. I feel like the "first world" is currently living in a false sense of security, which is the only reason most people who feel comfortable not owning a firearm are comfortable that way.

When shit hits the fan, not IF, but WHEN, it's pretty nice to be armed. I'm not talking doomsday stuff here, I'm talking famine, drought, things that have happened within the last few generations, and are almost certainly going to happen again, probably in our life times. A gun is a tool just as much as a radio, flashlight, or extra batteries and canned food / stored water.

Or maybe I'm just full of shit. Seriously, I could be :lolz:

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member

I have no issues with you not liking guns. I aided many countries during my military service that didn't have firearms as a part of their culture and didn't think any less of them. Really the only thing that makes me sick is your reliance of other nations to help you. Granted NATO is there for a reason, however part of a National Defense involves weapons, to include firearms whether it's down to civilian level or not.

In our Country, Legal Citizens can legally obtain firearms and the difficulty varies by State, mine being one of the strictest. Firearms have always been a part of this Country since the Revolution and have even evolved into sports, not just hunting and self defense.

The majority of crimes and gun related violence in this Country involve illegal possession of firearms. You take legal, law abiding citizens guns away it doesn't solve the issue, if someone wants a gun anywhere in the world they will find or make one, regardless. I understand how successful many Countries in Europe are without citizens being able to obtain firearms. May I ask why you dislike guns so much? Is it just their capability that bothers you?