NGPC Prices on the rise and rare games thin on the ground!

zxtec

Cheng's Errand Boy
It wasn't a deal then, eBay was flooded with $4 NGPC loosies.

I also remember getting a number of common loosies for around that price a few years ago. Gal Fighters, Last Blade, KOF R2, etc. Though it seems like Gal Fighters has risen the most.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Guys at the flea markets I (used to) go to have iphones and look at ebay prices when I make them an offer. Never seen a NGPC at a flea market. I did pick up a lot for 100 off craigslist like 10 years ago, it included almost all the best games, even had Mega Man. Never bough Gal Fighters, but I remember seeing the USA version as buy it now for 40 just 2 years ago. I was holding out for a hard case version. Whoops.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
Christ MM Power Fighters is already 70.00$! Last time I checked it was around 50.00$.

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!
It wasn't a deal then, eBay was flooded with $4 NGPC loosies.

Exactly, I don't think I'm even 200 into my NGPC set, maybe $250 if I include all the systems I have as spares. And I have everything I want. MAYBE missing out not having Rockman and Magical Drop, but I can go without those.

Still can't believe Gal Fighters is over 20 even.

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
Action 52 for that matter. The Angry Video Game Nerd claimed that the game was about $300 retail when it first came out.

I'm basically slowing down with older games, and getting games that I really want to get when they first launch.
Actually I think it was sold for 149$. It was a weird price like that

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
What region's games have black AES-like snap cases? My NGPC is Japanese and I have the cardboard box and clear plastic cases. I got my console at release with a couple games, and then just bought a big lot of carts from eBay for very cheap.
The games aren't region protected, right?

DeusVult

Another Striker
What region's games have black AES-like snap cases? My NGPC is Japanese and I have the cardboard box and clear plastic cases. I got my console at release with a couple games, and then just bought a big lot of carts from eBay for very cheap.

i have a japanese ngpc and played US and Euro games with no issues.

are there any japanese exclusive title's worth getting?

totoro

X>2, (He is so wrong -Ed),

The UK pal have snap cases i think...!

DeusVult

Another Striker
The UK pal have snap cases i think...!

i got 3 games which are complete, 1 is usa version and is in a carboard box, other 2 are Euro version and come in the snap cases, must admit the little snap cases are pretty cool

suicidekiller

Host for Orochi,
are there any japanese exclusive title's worth getting?

Ganbare Neo Poke Kun
CFC2 (lot of japanese text though)
Rockman B&F

If you are interested in japenese culture I can recommend Shougi no Tatsujin (aka Master of Shogi) too. It's a very cheap game, which serves the purpose of the game quite well. And since the AES version is very expensive, this is a good alternative.

All UK/EURO games have snapcases. Also some japanese games have them. The later japanese ones had cardboard boxes (which differ from the US cardboard boxes though).
There were also some early US releases with snapcase box, but they are very rare and expensive (Puzzle Bobble comes to mind).

Last edited:

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
The prices on fleaby UK are very high for some UK version games.
A complete Last Blade made £199.99
A complete Evolution made £206.00
Cotton £149.99 to £179.99
Gals Fighters £113.99

B/W games making £100+

MiG

n00b
I have a complete set of UK releases in the snap cases, colour and B&W it seems to go in cycles, I started collecting as they were so cheap at the time (cheaper than GBA which was just new out) then the prices seemed to spike for a few games, saw the B&W games fetching silly prices on ebay..

Then the fuss seemed to die down and I picked up the B&W games and last few others I needed for quite cheap.. The game I had the most trouble tracking down was Gals Fighters.. managed to get a copy as part of a bundle in the end :D wish I had kept all the doubles I picked up..

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
I have a complete set of UK releases in the snap cases, colour and B&W it seems to go in cycles, I started collecting as they were so cheap at the time (cheaper than GBA which was just new out) then the prices seemed to spike for a few games, saw the B&W games fetching silly prices on ebay..

Then the fuss seemed to die down and I picked up the B&W games and last few others I needed for quite cheap.. The game I had the most trouble tracking down was Gals Fighters.. managed to get a copy as part of a bundle in the end :D wish I had kept all the doubles I picked up..

You picked up a complete UK Pocket Reversi cheap?

I never went for the UK B/W..... Should have by the looks of things lol

I got the whole UK 39 all CIB.
Then I bought cover variations.
Then I bought the must have Japanese game, Rockman and Ganbare. Oh and Ghost photo Studio/gallery.
I've got a couple of Japanese B/W games but I don't think I've got any of the UK ones.

MiG

n00b
You picked up a complete UK Pocket Reversi cheap?

I never went for the UK B/W..... Should have by the looks of things lol

I got the whole UK 39 all CIB.
Then I bought cover variations.
Then I bought the must have Japanese game, Rockman and Ganbare. Oh and Ghost photo Studio/gallery.
I've got a couple of Japanese B/W games but I don't think I've got any of the UK ones.

Pocket Reversi was relatively cheap, it was still the most expensive game I bought.. picked it up from ckchan for $140 dollars, which was about £70 at the time.. I miss the 2:1 exchange rate lol.

The only cover variation I bothered with was Samurai Showdown 2

The B&W games I got really lucky, picked up Tennis and Neo Geo Cup for just £10 each from a Spanish website called nkplayers.. the others picked up on the forum..

My favourite find was a clear blue slim console, a chap responded to my wanted ad for a PC-Fx and when I went round his house to pick it up he had loads of other cool stuff.. so I got the PC-FX a white Saturn and a bundle of Neo Pocket stuff including the slim console.. I wish I had more cash on me at the time.. :(

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
Pocket Reversi was relatively cheap, it was still the most expensive game I bought.. picked it up from ckchan for $140 dollars, which was about £70 at the time.. I miss the 2:1 exchange rate lol.

The only cover variation I bothered with was Samurai Showdown 2

The B&W games I got really lucky, picked up Tennis and Neo Geo Cup for just £10 each from a Spanish website called nkplayers.. the others picked up on the forum..

My favourite find was a clear blue slim console, a chap responded to my wanted ad for a PC-Fx and when I went round his house to pick it up he had loads of other cool stuff.. so I got the PC-FX a white Saturn and a bundle of Neo Pocket stuff including the slim console.. I wish I had more cash on me at the time.. :(

Well, £70 for a complete UK reversi is a steal.
And not your only piece of good fortune by the sounds of it!

I've also got a clear blue Japanese slim. NIce console :)
I've got about 10 NGP consoles in all I think. Couple of B/W.
Yeah, the sam-sho covers are a must have for the obsessive!

I was lucky and bought the last few releases from one of the retailers before they had a chance to ship them back.
Dynamite Sluggaer, Reversi, Pic Puzzle, Cotton... All just for cover price.

Think how close we came to having an NGPC version of Ikari Warriors!

MiG

n00b
Think how close we came to having an NGPC version of Ikari Warriors!

Yeah, I remember reading about that, there was supposed to be a pocket version of Wold Heroes too..

If only a prototype cart would surface.. something like Geist Force on Dreamcast or Starfox 2.. imagine playing Ikari warriors on the Pocket after all these years...

I've never seen any proto carts for the pocket though :(

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
Yeah, I remember reading about that, there was supposed to be a pocket version of Wold Heroes too..

If only a prototype cart would surface.. something like Geist Force on Dreamcast or Starfox 2.. imagine playing Ikari warriors on the Pocket after all these years...

I've never seen any proto carts for the pocket though :(

Aruze's 'handling' of the takeover was like a new Pharaoh having all the old monuments defaced to destroy the memory of previous achievements.
Proto carts might still be out there, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't deliberately destroy every single one.
More likely that some code might still exist on a drive somewhere. But as time goes by the chances of it seeing daylight get more and more remote.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I have to say that UK games were always higher price. Cotton, Faselei and Evolution are all money, they always have been. Dunno why? There are far better games. UK Last Blade is also money. I love my NGPC and I'm glad I got what I got when I got it, no way I'd pay the stupid prices things are going for now. Awesome handheld, awesome library.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The rare ones are some of the most playable. Evolution was rare when it first came out. I'm glad I managed to pick them up when I did. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I'll be completing a collection any time soon.
It always was a baddass little system. My friend and I used to play MotM for hours and hours.

Vectorman0

SouthTown StreetSweeper
20 Year Member

I have to agree with this. Until recently, there was a very long period of time when most games could be acquired at reasonable prices.

Why is Gals Fighters is over $100 across all regions? Does anyone know what happened? Did someone "famous" post a youtube video on this game? There are plenty of harder to find games that go for much less. It's a good game, but not *that* good. Up until not too long ago, this was at a $30 complete games for US and Japanese versions. And, as previously stated, there were tons of $10 loose ones to go around for a decade after SNK's bankruptcy.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
I can certainly see why games like Last Blade and Faselei are on peoples 'must have' lists.
But Sam-Sho2, and even KOFR1 and FF are all good games and worth much less than LB or Gal Fighters.
Even MOTM is creeping up in value.
I guess it's a case of supply and demand. Later games sold in fewer numbers and aren't as readily available?

Look at all the genuinely rare (complete) UK games that aren't on ebay or in completed items.
Shanghai, Dive Alert Becky, Picture Puzzle, Pocket Reversi, Dynamite Slugger........

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I went headfirst into Neo Pocket when it came out. It came out toward the end of college and the beginning of my first real job when I was making good money.

I've got CFC2, UK Faselei!, UK Last Blade when I was in London at an EB Games, and UK Evolution. I'm only really missing Tournament Golf and Metal Slug 2.