Good games for Neo Geo drinking party?

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
Hello everyone. My cmvs is coming soon, the gaming room is almost ready to go, therefor it is time to plan a kickoff neo drinking party. What games/genres would you recommend for this kind of thing? Currently the only slated event is constant straw slurp magical drop showdown. Please, offer me your suggestions.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Hello everyone. My cmvs is coming soon, the gaming room is almost ready to go, therefor it is time to plan a kickoff neo drinking party. What games/genres would you recommend for this kind of thing? Currently the only slated event is constant straw slurp magical drop showdown. Please, offer me your suggestions.

Street Hoop
Bust a Move
Any of the Super Sidekicks games

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
windjammers
Puzzle bobble
Ghostlop
Turf masters

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
I'd say Windjammers, Bang Bead or Battle Flipshot, Neo Turf Masters (last one to the hole, winner/loser stays on), Baseball Stars 2 (drink on catch out/3 strikes/run out etc), League Bowling, Football games (Super Sidekicks etc) - as LegoSlug stated, any 2P vs Puzzle games (Magical Drop, Puzzle Bobble, Twinkle Star Sprites etc) and, of course... ANY 2P vs fighter!!!

Also the Stakes Winner games might be entertaining in 2P...

alphagamer

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Neo Turf Masters makes for a good drinking game, not as hectic as other games.

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member

Just play whichever Neo games you couldn't stand if you had to play them sober. Like The Super Spy, or Riding Hero.
Why do you have to have a drinking party? Drinking is unhealthy, and you won't play as well either. And it's no good if you drink a lot, if nothing else besides game playing happens at the party.

Last edited:

Mugicha

3t3rn@l n00b,
10 Year Member
legend of success joe. If you are drunk, you might be fooled into thinking it's a good game.

Mac91

I wonder if anyone saved my dickpic?
10 Year Member
My favourite drinking game: have some of your drink whenever you feel like it.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
You could just have any fighting game as a drinking game. Winners take a sip of beer, losers take a shot. Should mess your morning up pretty quick.

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
Blazing star, everytime you hear "bonus" you drink. Would live to see someone get past the first level

joe8

margarine sandwich
15 Year Member
Blazing star, everytime you hear "bonus" you drink. Would live to see someone get past the first level
what happens when you hear three quickly in succession, you'd have to drink 3 cups at once.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
My favourite drinking game: have some of your drink whenever you feel like it.

This is how my friends and I play Neo Geo games. No more true drinking games since I left college and stopped wanting to destroy my body.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Windjammers
Magical Drop 2

Just can't go wrong with those.

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
what happens when you hear three quickly in succession, you'd have to drink 3 cups at once.

My college days of chugging a whole beer is behind me. If were gonna at drinking games it's one drink per whatever. The size of the drink is up to the person drinking. So if you heard "bonus,bonus, bonus" that's three drinks amigo!

And fox, give me a heads up when you want to do this. If it works out right I can bring my cmvs and PVM! If people are open to it I can even bring the mighty Sega CD 32x and give the power outlets in your house the triple stuff!

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
Great suggestions so far. Just in case it sounded like I was planning some massive rager, this should be a pretty tame affair. Besides suck ass joe which I don't have, are there any other 2d fighters that are truly mindless? King of the monsters maybe?

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
truly mindless? double dragon. "whoever can play the longest wins"

ebinsugewa

Rosa's Tag-Team Partner
10 Year Member
Windjammers
KoF 98
Fighters History Dynamite
Breakers Revenge
Twinkle Star Sprites
Magical Drop

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Great suggestions so far. Just in case it sounded like I was planning some massive rager, this should be a pretty tame affair. Besides suck ass joe which I don't have, are there any other 2d fighters that are truly mindless? King of the monsters maybe?

You'll break the controller with KoM. Don't even bother.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
truly mindless? double dragon. "whoever can play the longest wins"

Double Dragon isn't "truly mindless". Tell me what to abuse in Double Dragon to make the game mindless.

I don't get the I want to play "mindless" video games thing. Just crush cans on your head.

housethemous

New Challenger
If playing for the casual audience, here is what I would choose in order.

Twinkle Star Sprites
Neo Turf Masters
Bang Beads
King Of Fighters '98
Soccer Brawl
Magical Drop

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
Double Dragon isn't "truly mindless". Tell me what to abuse in Double Dragon to make the game mindless.

its a game where there is nothing good about it. Nothing is truly horrible either.

Its the kind of game where everything about it is "meh".

You realize i'm talking about the neo geo one i hope. The fighter. The OP asked for neo titles.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
its a game where there is nothing good about it. Nothing is truly horrible either.

Its the kind of game where everything about it is "meh".

You realize i'm talking about the neo geo one i hope. The fighter. The OP asked for neo titles.

The same could be said for a sizable share of the fighting games on the Neo.

If I thought you were talking about the beat 'em up, the answer to my question would be "Elbow".