Post Your Recent Purchases!

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
5WhEo4y.jpg

The last surviving video rental store in my area is closing, I stopped by and grabbed a few things. Place has been there since I was a kid and hasn't changed at all. Sad to see it go but not surprised. Sonic Adventure 2 was in a Striker Pro 2000 case and was .50 at a thrift.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I got my 8bitdo NES kit in the mail today too along with a NES Classic pad. Can't wait to try it out this weekend!

Tech&Music

Another Striker
I was stoked to grab a Genesis one - but no Genesis Receiver?! WTF

8bitdo is for some reason dead-set on focussing on Nintendo and Nintendo only. I feel like them throwing in the MegaDrive kit is just to try and get people asking for SEGA stuff to shut up. For that reason, I'm hoping the Retrobit Wireless MegaDrive, Saturn and Dreamcast controllers and receiver will be good.

Tech&Music

Another Striker
I know, I know, it's a bit optimistic given their track record. But I'd just love an affordable wireless DC, MD or Saturn pad (that isn't IR). The Dreamconn's just too expensive, and IR doesn't cut it, so I'm hoping for the best regardless.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Got some more plastic shit

First a JPN Taito F3 Motherboard + Puzzle Bobble 3 from Tw3ek for the price of a next gen video game interactive story movie. Only game I really want for it physically is Bubble Bobble 2/Bubble Symphony, going to grab a multi sometime.

VLV8Xkc.jpg

fG8IcCg.jpg

Waku Waku 7 Holo Collectard label + limited edition premium shockbox from CORY. CORY even threw in Star Cruiser for free which is awesome. Last time I bought from him he threw in Assault Suit Leynos. Very much appreciated. Word on the street is that this shockbox insert originates from FLORIDA.

Haunting ground and Rule of Rose straight outta ebay. I've always enjoyed horror games and look forward to playing even more.

Last edited:

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I was stoked to grab a Genesis one - but no Genesis Receiver?! WTF

If there was a Genesis receiver I'd be all over that. If Krikzz has his on sale for Black Friday I'll most likely bite. The NES kit works great and is much better to play on then a SNES style pad imho.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Got a few off the forums that I wanted for a while.
IMG_20180806_200950.jpg

Picture Puzzle was a random gift from Cory, so thanks for that brother!

embergabor

New Challenger
I got a bunch of random stuff again:
FreeMcBoot card for the ps2, got the games loading from samba share from my server. Replacing the laser is annoying. The modchip is useless now. Sync stripping LM1881 IC and other components for it. This will go inside the Hama Scart Switcher.

I finally ordered the mighty OSSC since I have tried a bunch of cheapo scalers and transcoders and all of them had some issues (they are usable but flawed). I realized that my tv (Sony kd55-xe7005) supports every resolution and refreshrate imaginable, so it will probably accept the different outputs of the OSSC. All my previous problems were caused by these scalers, transcoders and shitty psu. If this tv had at least a single component input it wouldn't need any additional box for it. Oh well.
The next big thing will be cable management in the tv cabinet (game consoles, raspberry, receiver, ethernet switch, hdmi switch and the like). Need to order some cable sleeves and ties. I'll probably post some pics when the ossc arrives and the setup gets organized.

johey

n00b
Finally got an AES with crispy RGB. Came with a few games and a Unibios. Reasons enough to finally become active in this forum. :)

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
All the parts arrived from Japan for this FDX68 Floppy Drive Simulator for the Sharp X68000 series. The Raspberry Pi is used to load up the disk images, and the cable is so I can hook it up to the external FDD port on my X68030.

Now I just need next week to get here so I have time to actually set it up and use it.

Photo Aug 08, 6 06 18 PM.jpg

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
How do you select which disk image to load?

ShootTheCore

Genam's Azami Sharpener
How do you select which disk image to load?

The creator of the FDX68 wrote a bunch of command line Linux utilities that can either load existing disk images or dump new disk images from real floppies. Hence the Raspberry Pi for operating the board - the FDX68 is a hat that sits on top of the RPi.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
The creator of the FDX68 wrote a bunch of command line Linux utilities that can either load existing disk images or dump new disk images from real floppies. Hence the Raspberry Pi for operating the board - the FDX68 is a hat that sits on top of the RPi.

I see.

I used to think arcade gaming was the final frontier. But really it's vintage Japanese computers.

MetalSludge

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
I see.

I used to think arcade gaming was the final frontier. But really it's vintage Japanese computers.

For when PCBs of old arcade games just don't feel exotic enough anymore.

There's a game on Steam made by Westerners, VA-11 HALL-A, that consciously attempts to mimic old Japanese computer system games, per the comments of the creators. So there must be some fans outside of collectors circles though, probably via emulation.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Picked up Salamander (Famicom) for this SOTM. The cart is one of the best looking ones I've seen.

5jL9BmP.jpg

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
For when PCBs of old arcade games just don't feel exotic enough anymore.

Pushing the envelope of nerdom.

There's a game on Steam made by Westerners, VA-11 HALL-A, that consciously attempts to mimic old Japanese computer system games, per the comments of the creators. So there must be some fans outside of collectors circles though, probably via emulation.

Thanks for the heads-up about this game, looks interesting. I quibble with the statement that it was made by Westerners as, according to wiki, it was made by a Venezuelan studio. Maybe you meant non-Asians as Latin America is generally not considered the West, per se.

Picked up Salamander (Famicom) for this SOTM. The cart is one of the best looking ones I've seen.

Cool looking cart indeed.